Keyboard and HOTAS Reference Sheet Generator

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
I just picked up a Warthog today at Microcenter and was mapping out all of the controls when I saw this post.

As you can see, mine is a bit less sophisticated:
20151220_163414.jpg

But I filled that sheet out for you with which button is where on the stick, I hope this helps. It was easier for me then going through and writing each spot out since I don't have my setup memorized yet, and I zipped up and attached my custom binds file in case you still want that.
warthog-2.jpg

View attachment Custom.1.8.binds.zip

• Like (+1)
Reactions: jgm
This looks great! I too have the Thrustmaster Warthog, and if it helps I have posted a link to my bindings file.

I just picked up a Warthog today at Microcenter and was mapping out all of the controls when I saw this post.

Many thanks for these, they have helped me to reach the stage where I believe that I have the mappings in place. Give it a go and see how they look.

It is truly an excellent program that has saved me a ton of headaches getting these switches straight. RTY3 and RTY4 rotary switches on the X55 are mapped in reverse for me. The print out shows reversed positions for the functions I've assigned them. I verified the error by saving a bind file and reversing the RYAxis to RZAxis and then generating a print out from that bind. The functions appeared correctly by doing this but if I actually use that bind file the functions are reversed. Hope I made sense. Don't know if this happens to everyone but it is repeatable for me. Anyway, love the program!

<ShipSpotLightToggle>
<Primary Device="SaitekX55Throttle" Key="Pos_Joy_RYAxis" /> <-------This is switch RTY4 but it generates as RTY3
<Secondary Device="SaitekX55Throttle" Key="Neg_Joy_RYAxis" />
</ShipSpotLightToggle>
<RadarRangeAxis>
<Binding Device="SaitekX55Throttle" Key="Joy_RZAxis" /> <-------This is switch RT3 but it generates as RTY4
<Inverted Value="0" />
<Deadzone Value="0.00000000" />
</RadarRangeAxis>

• Like (+1)
It is truly an excellent program that has saved me a ton of headaches getting these switches straight. RTY3 and RTY4 rotary switches on the X55 are mapped in reverse for me. The print out shows reversed positions for the functions I've assigned them. I verified the error by saving a bind file and reversing the RYAxis to RZAxis and then generating a print out from that bind. The functions appeared correctly by doing this but if I actually use that bind file the functions are reversed. Hope I made sense. Don't know if this happens to everyone but it is repeatable for me. Anyway, love the program!

<ShipSpotLightToggle>
<Primary Device="SaitekX55Throttle" Key="Pos_Joy_RYAxis" /> <-------This is switch RTY4 but it generates as RTY3
<Secondary Device="SaitekX55Throttle" Key="Neg_Joy_RYAxis" />
</ShipSpotLightToggle>
<RadarRangeAxis>
<Binding Device="SaitekX55Throttle" Key="Joy_RZAxis" /> <-------This is switch RT3 but it generates as RTY4
<Inverted Value="0" />
<Deadzone Value="0.00000000" />
</RadarRangeAxis>

Thanks for reporting this. Please could you send me a link to your binds so that I can take a look at this?

Flossy

Volunteer Moderator
Many thanks for these, they have helped me to reach the stage where I believe that I have the mappings in place. Give it a go and see how they look.

Just been testing the Warthog today and everything looks fine except for Buttons 7-12 on the Throttle. 7 & 8, 9 & 10 and 11 & 12 are all reversed. Great job getting the Warthog version done though! :D

Just been testing the Warthog today and everything looks fine except for Buttons 7-12 on the Throttle. 7 & 8, 9 & 10 and 11 & 12 are all reversed. Great job getting the Warthog version done though! :D

Thanks for letting me know. I've fixed it so they are the correct way around.

Do other cmdrs publish there bindings sheet? just that i am in urgent need of SRV bindings and not so much want to copy, but i just need to see what goes where to start me off so i can refine my bindings to suit. At the moment i have not an idea of what to set in my srv bindings. As i have a custom X55 main ship setup, i have no default bindings set in my SRV. They are all blank and i am frustrated as hell trying to get something/anything working.

I have used your program sir and it is fantastic.

Do other cmdrs publish there bindings sheet? just that i am in urgent need of SRV bindings and not so much want to copy, but i just need to see what goes where to start me off so i can refine my bindings to suit. At the moment i have not an idea of what to set in my srv bindings. As i have a custom X55 main ship setup, i have no default bindings set in my SRV. They are all blank and i am frustrated as hell trying to get something/anything working.

Anyone can provide a link to the resultant reference sheet, but there's no directory of them. It's something that I was considering adding but it's non-trivial to put together and I have a number of things ahead of it on the list.

Having set up the SRV controls myself there aren't too many controls that map outside of your existing setup. Some mappings that I did were:

• Ship yaw -> SRV steering
  • Ship throttle -> SRV accelerate/decelerate
  • Ship pitch/roll -> Turret pitch/yaw
  • Ship boost -> SRV vertical thrust

And most of the other controls map directly from the ship version to the SRV version. Then you just need somewhere to put the handbrake and you're pretty much set.

Anyone can provide a link to the resultant reference sheet, but there's no directory of them. It's something that I was considering adding but it's non-trivial to put together and I have a number of things ahead of it on the list.

Having set up the SRV controls myself there aren't too many controls that map outside of your existing setup. Some mappings that I did were:

• Ship yaw -> SRV steering
  • Ship throttle -> SRV accelerate/decelerate
  • Ship pitch/roll -> Turret pitch/yaw
  • Ship boost -> SRV vertical thrust

And most of the other controls map directly from the ship version to the SRV version. Then you just need somewhere to put the handbrake and you're pretty much set.

Rep sir, for a Great program and a good answer. I thank you!

Flossy

Volunteer Moderator

Wonderful! Thanks for the extremely quick fix! ;) o7

- - - - - Additional Content Posted / Auto Merge - - - - -

Here's the final result of mine: :) It shows two Reverse Throttles, but the button forward one is a toggle and the button backward one is held - for different situations. :)

Last edited:
Here is my current bind file. Just re-verified the switches RTY3 and RTY4 are switched from the mapping and binding chart generated. Hope this helps.

View attachment 88951

Thanks for this. I've switched the rotary labelling, but do have a nagging feeling that I've been here before so if anyone else out there has an X55 and uses the throttle base rotaries please could you check in the generator that it matches your expectations? If not then it's possible that there are multiple versions of the product out there (which is something that we already know, as some have the base rotaries marked as RTY1 and RTY2 and others as RTY3 and RTY4) that report different values for the same physical rotaries.

I've made a few updates to the website. The most obvious one is that it should now pick up digital binds that are mapped to analogue controls when they have an analogue equivalent (e.g mapping 'pitch up' and 'pitch down' to the stick rather than 'pitch axis'). Any problems, as always, please let me know in this thread.

I have two T-16000M sticks and the program only detects one so it thinks I have all kinds of things bound to one stick when really it's spread over the two.

• Like (+1)
Will this work for the Thrustmaster T.Flight HOTAS? That's a very popular joystick. I'm away for the holidays so I won't be able to use this till I get back, but I'd like to!

I have two T-16000M sticks and the program only detects one so it thinks I have all kinds of things bound to one stick when really it's spread over the two.

I haven't come across this configuration before but will give it a go and see if I can find a way of handling this situation. Should be possible, just requires a bit of re-juggling the existing code.

- - - - - Additional Content Posted / Auto Merge - - - - -

Will this work for the Thrustmaster T.Flight HOTAS? That's a very popular joystick. I'm away for the holidays so I won't be able to use this till I get back, but I'd like to!

Yes it should do.

<Binding Device="T16000M" DeviceIndex="0" Key="Joy_RZAxis"/>

Device index is 0 for one stick and 1 for the other.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom