Kick players who sit on the landing pads

Head on over to the CG in SIRIUS... get some bounties and go hand them in.. or no, log out, log back in on single player so you can land because.. well there is only one large landing pad and somebody is sitting on it AFK blocking everyone else... .. then log out and log back in to open.. YEA THIS IS FUN!!!

Guess it's part of sandbox, blaze your own way.
And it shows that PVP can happen in supercruise, in normal space or inside stations
Pad blocking goes along well with the general policy that seems to be valid in ED pvp system - i'm not getting anything out of this pvp interaction, but for sure they will lose something.

They could deinstance a player that has been sitting on a pad for more than a few minutes in a CG system. Dump them off in their own instance and they can be AFK or peruse the stations wares, or try to grief by pad blocking all they like without actually bothering others.

I know more than one that would think blocking the only large pad at a CG location would be a just and right thing cuz , well, cuz they are wrong in the head. I really need to unknow a few people.

Blow up the pad blocker if you encounter him again. That's what I would do.
Bamm, no communication, just blow him/her up. With any luck you get blocked and don't have to suffer those idiots again.

And yes, we need a queuing/unlocking. Or - stupid as that sounds - FD could make the next megaship for CGs a gasp Fleet Carrier :eek:

Pad blocking goes along well with the general policy that seems to be valid in ED pvp system - i'm not getting anything out of this pvp interaction, but for sure they will lose something.

One's foes losing something is a fundamental goal of most hostilities, certainly most believable ones that don't feel like sport.

I'd be entirely ok with being able to attack and destroy facilities, or blockcade them until their owners capitulated (or died from lack of supplied), but under no circumstances should these facilities facilitate behavior that would rationally be harmful to themselves.

They could deinstance a player that has been sitting on a pad for more than a few minutes in a CG system. Dump them off in their own instance and they can be AFK or peruse the stations wares, or try to grief by pad blocking all they like without actually bothering others.

I know more than one that would think blocking the only large pad at a CG location would be a just and right thing cuz , well, cuz they are wrong in the head. I really need to unknow a few people.

It's not player behavior that's the problem, it's NPC behavior.

Having people tying up pads when other traffic is waiting is clearly not in the best interest of any facility in any believable context. Business should be concluded as quickly and efficiently as possible and, any time there is traffic waiting, the facilities involved should enforce a queue system, where those who overstay their welcome either have their vessels launched automatically, or impounded.

Why not automatically drop people into a hangar below? Then the instance can be freed.

This would be a good solution. Especially if no input from the user for some time.

Basically the game could compare which of those on required landing pads had been inactive the longest and then drop them down and reinstance them.

Blow up the pad blocker if you encounter him again. That's what I would do.
Bamm, no communication, just blow him/her up. With any luck you get blocked and don't have to suffer those idiots again.

And yes, we need a queuing/unlocking. Or - stupid as that sounds - FD could make the next megaship for CGs a gasp Fleet Carrier :eek:
This seems an elegant and efficient solution.
May the Archon bless your burgers.
🍔 🍔🍔

Game working as intended, jump to another mode or shoot them off the landing pad otherwise there's nothing to see here. :)

You can't shoot them off the landing pad, docked ships are invulnerable.

Well, someone getting blown just because is called organic play, while a pad blocked is omg, griefers!.
Crazy, isn't it?

There is a good argument for pad blocking being the contextless exploitation of a glaring oversight, whereas direct violence is only so in fairly extreme circumstances.

Of course, rather than trying to divine intent and punsh players for having their CMDRs sit on pads too long, I'd just have a queue...once all pads of a given size fill, it's first in first out, with, say a 120 second, auto-launch timer.

Top Bottom