Kick players who sit on the landing pads

You guys are going to hate me. I land and then go take a dump and with two daughters I stay in there for 30 minutes reading where it is nice a quiet.
You guys are going to hate me. I land, go to the restroom, and with two daughters I stay in there for 30 minutes reading where it is nice a quiet.

So then you repeat the process every 30 minutes?

I might be the only one, but I just hate the concept of "pads". Wish the game had tubes instead. You fly into it slowly and poof, you're gone. Next screen is a magnetic crane holding your ship in place, or an internal hangar pad if you're in a Coriolis. If you change ships, the crane moves your ship off screen and pulls in your new one. When it's time to launch, you're in a tube that jettisons your ship. No 50g force elevator that decides your new ship came from the pad above. No docking request denied. Pads kinda work ok so long as the station or base is massive, but they make functionality and aesthetics completely absurd with small stations and fleet carriers. Carriers could have looked so much better than just a giant box covered in pads.

This may already be somewhere in the thread...

I'm not opposed to kicking for inactivity or similar suggestions, but:

Why do CGs Carriers only have ONE large pad available to players? That's the one that gets me. Better yet, why do MGEA SHIPS have only FOUR large pads...but Player Carriers have SIX?!

Point being, this seems like a really easy problem to solve that seriously impacts QoL of Open Play (and even the larger private sessions). Why FDev has yet to fix this ancient problem is beyond me. Then again, so many other feature issues are also ancient...it's kind of par for the course, for FDev.

Top Bottom