KOLUMBUS and PHILIPP FRANZ von SIEBOLD on DISTANT WORLD II

Today I wanted to follow once again my research urge, so my ship was built back again on Exploring.
The mining equipment is stored for the time being, and if I feel like it again, something will be added.
Always assuming that the CG doesn't finish before. That wouldn't be a miracle.

I have decided for a course, directly to the bottom, and have chosen the system CHALUIA BJ-B D0 as my first target, which is -2.018.

Right after the first two jumps it looked like this above me:

Neutron window charges were needed, so in and out.

My own shadow preceded me.

Always the panorama before eyes it went deeper,

Arrived there; by the way, the way included several NS jumps; then I continued to work my way forward and scanned diligently.

On the way I started scanning different systems.
BLAE DRYE EV-Z B58-2 with two T-Tauri stars.

BLAE DRYUA JX-A D14-1 , here the gas giant class IV and the one with water based life were also mapped.

CHALUIA AJ-B D1 - Here the gas giant with ammonia based life, as well as its moons was additionally mapped.

Currently I am in the system YAIKOU WR-A D14-0, coordinates: -1333.21875 / -2097.40625 / 5269.65625

According to EDSM, nobody's been here before. Scanned is as far as I can see also still nothing.

First the system in the overview.

At the first moon from Gasgiant 1 I landed, because there is geological activity here.

Now I'm still mapping the system, and immediately landed again on the moon moon 1 B A, since geological activity is also recorded here, and then the location...

The new night vision is really recommended for driving or landing, one sees much more than with the headlights.

Now I'm gonna take a creative break, and then I'll see when I move on.

Fly Safe
Columbus

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator

Last edited:
+rep

I really enjoyed reading your dw-2 journal. Keep it up :)

Thank you, I will continue the report as often as I can.

Back in the pilot's seat again, after the start 80,75 LY, it went on into the system BLAE DRYUA NN-A D14-0; coordinates -1354.53125 / -2163.3125 / 5311.15625 .
This required a simple power supply.

The system was scanned, when mapping I first hold myself back and take only particularly interesting celestial bodies with me.

Then I jumped to system CHALOA QY-A D0, coordinates -1330.84375 / -2177.6875 / 5336.4375 . Only 37,51 LY further.

The system has a neutron star as central star and was already discovered.
I still scanned everything.

YAIKOU YM-A D14-0 at 69.14 LY distance at coordinates -1330.1875 / -2183.6875 / 5267.5625 was my next target.
I renounced NS-Boost, because there were still enough destinations to reach.

Also here there was nothing special, but the system was completely scanned.

Another 67,33 LY further YAIKOU AI-A D14-0 was on the coordinates -1310.71875 / -2248.09375 / 5265.15625 .
In this respect it is remarkable that all materials for the FSD feed can be found here.

Nevertheless, I did not stay long here, as my camp is still almost full.

YAIKOU BI-A D14-0, coordinates -1261.09375 / -2251.40625 / 5259.5 was already discovered.

One neutron star, three more stars and a gas giant, which I also scanned.

Then I went on to YAIKOU CD-A D14-0, already scanned and found at coordinates 1278.28125 / -2288.6875 / 5263.96875.

There's nothing here but the two stars.

YAIKOU DD-A D14-0, coordinates -1262.40625 / -2343.53125 / 5264.78125 was next on the agenda.

There was only one lonely F-star here.

To get further I had to feed 134,91 LY to YAIKOU AX-B D13-0 on coordinates -1129.6875 / -2327.03125 / 5247.09375 .
Also here there are all materials for the FSD-EINSPEISUNG.

Here it should be enough for this entry, tomorrow I want to report then further.
Fly Safe
Columbus

Last edited:
Next system was YAIKOU FD-A D14-0, 40,21 LY further on the coordinates -1091.625 / -2334.84375 / 5257.4375.

13 celestial bodies were scanned here, plus two stars, a white dwarf and a T-star.

And it went on to YAIKOU BX-B D13-0, corrodinates -1046.84375 / -2334.5 / 5252.96875. 45,00 LY the system was removed.

First planet at the F-star was a water world. Unfortunately no photo of it, I must have forgotten... grumble...

YAIKOU GD-A D14-0 I could reach only with one feed, because it was 116,40 LY far away. Coordinates -959.5 / -2322.34375 / 5328.9375.
Here there was only one neutron star.

I renounced a Boost, because there was no system further down, which would have justified this, but jumped completely normally to CHALOA ZO-A D0 in 32.66 LY distance on the coordinates -934.1875 / -2330.6875 / 5347.8125.
Here there was only one lonely F-star.

That's why it was 67,35 LY to CHALOA DV-Y D0, coordinates -934.625 / -2331.4375 / 5415.15625.

Exceptionally no pictures of the water world, but of the terraforming candidate together with the moon.

CHALOA ZO-A D0 was the next target at 67.35 LY on coordinates -934.1875 / -2330.6875 / 5347.8125.
Because there was only one F-star here, it went on fast.

YASIKOU GD-A D14-0, coordinates -959.5 / -2322.34375 / 5328.9375 in 32,66 LY was the next destination. The lonely neutron star was quickly abandoned.

CHALOA XT-A D0, coordinates -935.78125 / -2259.90625 / 5335.53125 was found a normal jump over 67,12 LY further. And also here the lonely G-star was good for refueling, but not for staying.

YAIKOU FI-A D14-0, coordinates -935.34375 / -2219.1875 / 5314.4375 was 45,86 LY further.
15 celestial bodies were recorded, here are all materials for the FSD INSPECTION.
Then it went on.

According to CHALOA VY-A D-0, coordinates -932.46875 / -2174.59375 / 5344.6875 in 53,96 LY.
3 stars, nothing else.

CHALOA TD-B D0, coordinates -900.21875 / -2061.625 / 5408.46875 has 19 celestial bodies.
Then CHALOA WO-Z D0 coordinates -856.65625 / -2014.625 / 5422.28125 with only one A star

CHALOA VO-Z D1, coordinates -874.21875 / -1963.40625 / 5415.53125 with 11 celestial bodies.

And as last system of this day CHALOA PN-B D0, coordinates -911.75 / -1912.28125 / 5405.46875 in 64,22 LY.
Here I found the first undiscovered earth-like among the 24 celestial bodies on the journey.
The pictures of it, now simply times disordered:

A gas giant with water-based life.

And the last planet in the system.

The research for this day was finished and I could rest satisfied.
Fly Safe
Columbus

Since a few jumps it went up again.
I noticed that I couldn't get any deeper, neither with feeds, nor with NS-Boost I could find anything here where I could have gone.
So my deepest system I found on the detour was YAIKOU DD-A D14-0 with coordinates -1262.40625 / -2343.53125 / 5264.78125.
Here again the picture, there is only the lonely F-star here.

The next day my first jump led me to CHALOA ST-Z D1, coordinates -974.96875 / -1891.84375 / 5424.9375.

A class IV gas giant invited us to map.

Quite surprised I was of the fact that there are two earth similar ones here, of course I had to fly the 100.204 LS for mapping.

And this terraforming candidate should not remain unexplored either.

Very taken with the find, I jumped to CHALOA QY-Z D0, coordinates -970.46875 / -1832.6875 / 5451.625.
A lonely F-star was everything here, so further on.

CHALOA OD-A D1-1, coordinates -968.25 / -1774.9375 / 5416.65625.
Also here only one F and one K-star.

CHALOA AM-A C2-0, coordinates -992.25 / -1726.90625 / 5441.6875. One M and one T-star each.

CHALOA MI-A D1-1 at the coordinates -999.59375 / -1674.3125 / 5449.21875 did not really have more to offer with 7 celestial bodies, a white dwarf and loud ice worlds.

At the coordinates -991.53125 / -1608.6875 / 5449.84375 there is the system CHALOA KN-A D1-1, also here nothing special.

In the system CHALOA RF-B C2-0, coordinates -1025.46875 / -1559.15625 / 5443.5 I was surprised again by two water worlds and a terraform candidate.

Again more sobering was CHALOA OK-B C2-0, coordinates -1085.90625 / -1542.34375 / 5425.90625. 4 stars and a HMC.

CHALOA LP-B C2-0, coordinates -1125.75 / -1488.59375 / 5421.5 had with 7 celestial bodies again a WW and an HMC, both terraformable.
Why I didn't take any pictures here I just don't know anymore....

Afterwards nothing special was found in the other systems, even if some were still completely unexplored, I'm back further up to OMEGA SECTOR VE-Q B5-15.

Once there the ship was parked in the hangar, repaired and I switched to my ASP EX AMELIA MARY EARHART.
At present I start all possible systems starting from the WP1 star-shaped and scan them.
Just to explore as much as possible here.

I've done this before, and if I take enough time, you can completely explore a ball track within the maximum jump range.

Fly Safe
Columbus

Just now my persistent scanning paid off, I found my first star phenomenon in the OMEGA SECTOR KC-V C2-4 system.

But with the lighting I look very unhealthy...

I could find PRASNIUM- and FLAVUM-METAKRISTALLE.

The system was already explored, and was first discovered by Cmdr JOHN41.
The last 7 days 36 ships came through here, I don't know if anyone else noticed.

Fly Safe
Columbus

I went back into the Lagrange cloud and looked around.
In fact, I found radar signals that looked like ships at first.

But when I got close enough, they turned out to be ALBULUM KÜRBISMOLLUSKE.

It is interesting that the molluscs apparently seek contact with the ship, but bounce off the shield again.

They fly back and forth all the time.

I wondered what would happen when the shield was off, and...
Turning off the shield then caused the mollusc to crash into the ship and pop up a damage warning.
But nothing is indicated as damaged.
After the shield was switched on again, nothing has changed in the behavior...

Fly Safe
Columbus

Last edited:
It was pretty short of time, but I still made it into the EOT group and instance.

Together we jumped to Omega sector hr-w d1-196 at 20.30 CET, from then on I had to go a few more systems towards NGC 6629.

And I searched for a landing and rest a place in the system GRIA DRYE HQ-S C6-10.

Fly Safe
Columbus

Last edited:
Yesterday evening at the start of the next stage I also had to struggle with time problems, just like the whole week before.

I was not able to dedicate myself to the expedition; and also to my travelogue; as I would have liked to do.

Now briefly recapitulated.
On the way to the last waypoint of the stage I hardly took any pictures, when I finally arrived at the destination, I still had some time, and decided to look into the cellar again.

I found some things down there again.
Like in the EAEMBIE LX-K D8-0 system, which was first discovered by Cmdr KUBA WOLF, and that on the same day I was there.
If and what he scanned or mapped there, I couldn't find out. He hadn't submitted any data yet.

Anyway, I mapped both WW's.

Especially interesting was this WW, whose atmosphere type was called WATERREICH. This has never come under me before.

And finally the world of ammonia.

The FLYIEDGIAE KI-Y C15-7 system also included two WWs and an ammonia world.

Especially worth mentioning:
For EDSM this system was first discovered by Xenia_K on 05.12.2016 23:44:33.

Here's the two WWs.

And also the ammonia world.

Late in the evening on Saturday I flew back to the top, but could not reach the target system PRU AESCS NC-M D7-192 until Sunday morning.
Then it was only possible for me to get online again in the evening shortly before the start. Unfortunately it didn't work at all to switch to the Supercruice this time, but I had a disconnection all the time.
Neither the change of the group, nor the solo or PC restart could change anything.

Annoyed I gave up, waited for the announcement of the new waypoints, and started prematurely with a jump into a neighbouring system.
This worked out quite well and I could also jump a few systems further before I had connection problems again.

This morning and now the problem seems to be finally fixed again. I was able to continue my journey.

Here still to see: The small loop from my visit in the basement, as well as a little bit to the right above my previous route to SKAUDE AL-X E1-28

(You can see quite well how often I was already on the road. The ball in the upper right corner may be explained on request.)

I already know the following two waypoints, I was already in both systems during the PAX expedition.
During the PAX-Expedition I discovered the ruins in the system SKAUDAI AM-B D14-138 on the moon AB 7A.
You can also see who scanned the system; almost completely. Only the first two stars were scanned by Cmdr ANGEL HAZARD before. The mapping was then taken over by several other Cmdrs after it was introduced.

I don't know yet if I'll make another detour there. Let's see...

Fly Safe

Yesterday I reached SKAUDE AL-X D1-28 and enjoyed the view

Late in the evening I arrived at SACAQAWEA Space Port and landed.

It was dark here and the planet together with the ring stood just above the horizon.

After that, my ship was briefly serviced.

This was not a high cost, especially as I was able to give 110 records for 50,514,306 credits.

After that I went to my sleeping cabin.
Now I must see, I fly briefly by the ruins, or nevertheless immediately further...

Just before the next waypoint.

And then in the system EODGORPH PI-T E3-21

I had to go IN the black hole, of course.

Then the question arose, where to, I decided to go up because there is still enough time.
And the next system was one with a B-star, here I set up my night camp on a planet with more than 1 G and a ring near a geological find.

Fly Safe and good night
Columbus

The next day I continued my journey to the top, but before that I wanted to have a closer look at the iron-magma geysers.

It was smoky, better said steamed but only, if quite cordially.

So I took another picture where you can see how big the parts are here and then it went on.

A scan of the system Dryeejaea LS-T e3-13 showed that there were some interesting things.

Among others this hell planet.

And these were supposed to be rock magma fumaroles... but here it only smoked...

It's fun to watch what happens recently when you dive under the surface or into another object in the outdoor camera.

Then it went into the system DRYEEJAEEA LS-T E3-23, and thus for the first time in a long time higher than in my personal previous altitude record system HIP 70061 @ -550.6; 1924.3; 449.3

The system itself has nothing special to offer, but I broke the record here.

And since it went even higher, of course I went on.

The next system, DRYEEJAEA AD-W C17-0 on the coordinates -5903.71875 / 2017.3125 / 11219.90625 I have to especially recommend you.
Two gas giants with ammonia- and one with water-based life, and all jumponium materials.
Volcanism is also available in three different variations. Together with a very strange surprise.

Here I have not only mapped the three gas giants with life, but of course also the corresponding moons on which I landed.
The first gas giant with water-based life, No. 8

And his moon 8A, where they have water-ice geysers. A very rugged celestial body.

After landing.

The ejection took place here at the same place in two phases, once as ice.

And as water.

Of course I had to drive into the water discharge, and was promptly thrown high, but the landing was no problem, the SRV was only slightly damaged.

Since it was already late, I first had a rest here at night, and the next day the exploration of the system continued.
First of all I drove here again with the SRV into the output, this time however in the form of ice, there is much more pressure behind it...
Very fast I was so high that my PHILIPP FRANZ VON SIEBOLD started, as you can see.

Proof of how high I got.

After a successful landing without vehicle breakage I retrieved the ship and took off towards moon 8B.
Here again the view back.

And moon 8B, there's carbon dioxide geysers here:

Landed, I looked around again and wondered how the clouds could actually hold themselves in the vacuum. Maybe somebody knows?

The surface was also quite mountainous.

Here after the scanning, with display of the Codex entry.

Now we started again, the next gas giant waited for the mapping.

I flew to number 10 with ammonia-based life, and mapped it.

Here to be seen from the surface.

Then we went to his moon 10 D, where there was WATER MAGMA. I didn't know that yet, and I wondered what the difference was to the geysers...?

Imagine my surprise when I first saw this sight:

Here also the proof by the code entry.

Of course I stood right next to it and expected the temperature in the SRV to rise promptly, but...

Even when I stood right on such a chimney, everything stayed cool.

I'm seriously wondering if the glow even belongs here? Did the trainee sleep there? Didn't he know what water magma meant?

And from up here you could also see astonishingly many other Cmdrs floating around in the area.

And the view of the galaxy from up here.

After all this confusion I started, mapped the last gas giant with ammonia-based life, and then jumped on, I wanted so high, it was possible. To set a new record.

As examples two more systems should serve, once DRYEEJAEA QP-M D8-1, coordinates -5932.21875 / 2333.375 / 11184.8125. Also here one could supply oneself with all Jumponium materials.

And then there's HYPIGAI TO-I D9-0, coordinates.
Remarkable is only the beautiful WW with ring, which orbits the neutron star in 2.588 LS distance.

As well as the view of the galaxy from here.

Finally I got into the system HYPIGAEI PT-I D9-0, coordinates -6030.34375 / 2770.75 / 11262.625.

Here it couldn't go any higher, only sideways, and it's a hairpull, you can hardly get your sights on the next systems, because the Galmap really annoys, as soon as you follow the lines, they disappear and the stars sink into the background of the galaxy.

Now my current altitude record is 2770.75 in the system HYPIGAEI PT-I D9-0, it remains to be seen if this can be changed again.

And here's a look at my current route from three different angles.

I'm still all the way up here.

Now I will go down again, to the last waypoint of the current stage. It should be possible to do that by tomorrow evening.

Fly Safe
Columbus

I have now reached the target system PRUA PHOE TK-M D8-361 and finished my flight.

I find it interesting that I found completely unexplored systems until shortly before I reached my goal.
In fact, of the 75 systems I've researched since the start from EODGORPH PI-T E3-23, only 5 had been fully or partially researched.
Among them also the last two systems completely above, as well as the target system of the stage. Remarkable is, that the system PRUA PHOE UQ-W B34-27, coordinates -5894.90625 / -255 / 11207.75, which was located shortly before, had no visitor yet.
(It's not really worth it, there's only one M-star there).

This photo was taken shortly before the finish in the system PRUA PHOE SL-V B35-16:

In the system PRUA PHOE EU-W B35-53 I mapped three planets, a TF candidate, a gas giant with ammonia-based life and a WW, which I almost overlooked. How that came, no idea...

Here the WW, as you can see above, I did not appreciate the planet in the map at all.

This neutron star in the system DRYEEJAEA MY-I D9-20 was in quite a hurry, its tail rotates so fast that my system gets problems with the display.

In the system EODGORPH JS-S C17-351 I found two gas giants with water-based life.

This is Number Two.

And number five.

With it I have presented all systems in which I have made pictures, there would be much more to see and show, but well, at some point it will be enough.
Now I have to see what I will do until tomorrow evening...

Fly Safe
Columbus

Meanwhile I reached the last WP CLOOKU EW-Y C3-197 and landed on moon 5 G A at GEOSITE #16.

Before that I had a look around and found something biological in the system PRUA PHOE HC-U E3-97, unfortunately nothing new.

In the system PRUA PHOE OG-T B50-17 I found an ammonia world, but I must assume that I am not the first discoverer, because there were other Cmdr before me.

For the first time I saw the planetary nebula at the WP from the system CLOOKU LC-B D1-782.

Shortly before the finish at CLOOKU WO-Z E3995 one had a good view of the planetary nebula.

And finally arrived at the last stage of the stage.

I looked for a landing place with a good view. By the way, it was chic how well the color of the geysers fits to my PHILIPP FRANZ VON SIEBOLD.

Then the modules were repaired, they had been a bit horny on the way here, especially the FSD needed it.

Now it's time to be patient, until tonight, and hope that this time it will work with time AND the instances.
Fly Safe
Kolumbus

Unfortunately I had to struggle this week again with the RL time factor, there the reporting came simply too briefly...

On Sunday evening; as always it was a tight time for me; I just got to the meeting point.

Then the goal was announced and we got ready for the jump.

Then it was also time for me to have a snack, and I fought my way to the next waypoint at

Boewnst KS-S c20-959 by.

I didn't take much of the intermediate goals with me.

Here a nice gas giant from the system CLOOKU CC-I B41-17

The system CLOOKO HC-P C21-166 had two WW, of which I only photographed one directly.

BLAA PHOE NC-D D12-230; one of the intermediate destinations; I didn't know it yet, therefore a detour there, but it was worth it because of the view.

In the system BLAA PHOE VY-A B59-25 I saw many Cmdr on the Galmap, which were all on their way in my direction.

Today, after I arrived at BOEWNST KS-S C20-959 the day before yesterday and unfortunately didn't have time, I want to make a short detour to a few B-stars, but...

In the system BOEWNST JI-S E4-410 I wanted to land with biological signals.

I also landed, but a bit more than rough, with the result that my shields went up in smoke and the hull was only 50%.

Here you can also see the flying sparks, it was smoking too and the cover looks as if someone had attached a very big can opener.

So much for the fact that one should have patience when landing, well, I survived hab´s and left a little lesson. What the...

Back at POLO HARBOUR I looked at the damage again with a little more light.

The repair cost me 70,688 credits; including a few credits for the fuel.

Now I have to stop again for today.

They still go to dinner and well, hunger is a really serious RL problem.

Fly Safe
Columbus

My stay at POLO HARBOUR... Well he was longer than planned.

Only yesterday on 19.02. I was finally able to start again and start on the way to the next stage.

It went quite well until Saturday, I was even able to fly a small loop to the top again, and topping up my altitude record again.

On the way I found a nice ammonia world in the system BYAO AIN PT-I D9-6.

Nobody had been here before me either.

In the system BYOI AIN FA-R C20-127 there were two gas giants with life, which were very beautiful to look at because of their harmonious colouring.

BYOI AIN TG-J D10-428 showed once again how angular our galaxy is.

Here aligned with nose towards galaxy

In the system BYOI AIN ZR-I D10-657 I wanted to have a closer look at a geological hotspot.

As it turned out, the terrain was so rugged that I could not land at the geysers with my PHILIPP FRANZ VON SIEBOLD.

So not lazy, I changed to the SRV at the higher landing place and wanted to drive down there.

But the end result was that I never got there because my SRV got stuck in a particularly nasty crevice, from which I could no longer free myself with any action.
There was only one way: log out and log in again without horizons...
There are no pictures of being stuck, every attempt to go there into the outside camera ends with the familiar color chaos...
So that was it, with the geysers on the planet.;(

I also paid special attention to the FOEWLS VU-G D10-16 system, a real find of happiness, I think.

The neutron star is surrounded by a water world and an earth-like one, both with rings.
Here the system in the overview:

The water world:

View from the WW to the EÄ:

And the Earth-like:

Of course I mapped both of them with the rings.

I also made sure in EDSM that I was the first. Really a small stroke of luck...

Here you can also see where I was.

After that I went back to POLO HARBOUR, I continued to maintain my statistics for the final report of the DW2.
(I noticed that I should have documented more thoroughly and systematically from the beginning, so some details of the first waypoints are missing. I just have to get over it, and it shows that there's still a learning process going on, no matter how long I've been exploring.)

Otherwise there's not much to report, I left yesterday after marking the waypoints.
I came to the first intermediate destination at Dryao Aoscs FW-W e1-5865, and I still have the next destination; Mylaifa AA-A h786; aimed at and made a few jumps there, then the day was over.

Only remarkable on the track was the system WHAMBIO DK-A E930. Not because of the stars, the NS or because it would have a special situation, but only because the name of the CMDR, which was here first, is not readable:

And that's it for this report again.
Fly Safe
Columbus

The flight to the next waypoint led me over some intermediate destinations.

On the one hand there is MYLAIFA AA-A H786:

Of course, I had to immerse myself in the bra again.

LEAMIAE LS-T E3-3317 offered a beautiful view of the planetary nebula.

This time I just looked at the bra from the outside.

Here a view from another system to the fog:

EOK PRUAE PI-S E4-2295 was not only a beautiful sight on and from the bra, I also saw some Cmdr on the Galmap and how far I had already come.

In between there was a break, for example in the DRYAU AUSMS KG-Y E1847 system.

Or other systems got more attention, like EOK PRUAE HN-J D9-314, where I not only mapped two WW; the moon of No. 1 was even terraformable; but also the other planets.

In the system EOK PRUAE KD-I D10-894 I had loaded my FSD so often that the first malfunctions occurred.

With 79% integrity of the module I was able to finish the jump and immediately started the repair in the EOK PRUAE WG-P C21 system in free space.

I didn't see the system itself, but I noticed again a very regular formation of stars.

Also the system EOK PRUAE VQ-P C21-2434 deserved some more attention, after all there were 5 TF candidates here, including one WW.

Once again I was late, and had to make some distance, therefore I had to deny myself some pictures of the planets because of lack of time.

I could enjoy a quite hot sight in the system EOS FREE XF-B C28-1433.

Careful when refueling saved me from overheating.

In the system CREEAKAO VY-Y D1-4720 I found another world that is terraformable.

After finally arriving at the target system DRYAU AUSMS KG-Y E3390 on Friday evening, I still had some time on Saturday to look at some geological formations.
I visited the moons 2A as well as 6C and 6D. It was especially beautiful on 2A, because there you could still see the tail of the NS.

After that I went on tour in the vicinity of the system and picked only systems with B-stars as targets.
At the moment I'm still a bit away from the target system, and have to make my way back sometime during the day.

Fly Safe
Columbus

I got really lucky today.
In the system DRYAU AUSMS KG-Y E3300; a system with B-star, coordinates -1512.28125 / 1373.28125 / 20929.21875 I found biological signals on two planets.
In EDSM the system was even marked as completely unexplored, here my position:

Planet No. 2 had two sites on the surface and No. 5 even had 3.

I wanted to look there now of course. It was made more difficult by the higher gravity of both planets, but that shouldn't stop me.

First I headed for No. 2, mapped it with the ring and checked if the biosignals were in the ring, but that was not the case, there was nothing there.

That's why I chose the first place and landed there.
I expected bark hills, of course, and was positively surprised that I found pumpkins with blue glow.

Exactly named were BOILUMINESZENTE ROSEUM-ANEMONEN.

Here I have, since I had already landed, immediately repaired my FSD again.

And then I looked around intensively.

Next I picked out the second biological site and flew there.

The only difference was that the ROSEUM ANEMONS were seen here in the dark, which emphasized the blue glow even more.

And again I started, left planet number two.

And flew to no. 5 to examine the 3 digits there, there could be something else in the system...

I thought, and was wrong, also here was to be found only the same bioform. Here are all three places in random order of the pictures.

At least now I know there's nothing else here. And finally I want to show a little video with impressions from the last stage.
https://youtu.be/EAAc895J3NU

Fly Safe

Kolumbus

Today I arrived at SAG A*, looked at and scanned the target system Stuemeae KM-W c1-342 and then I went over to Stuemeae FG-Y d7561, where you can find the station EXPLORER´S ANCHORAGE.

The station doesn't seem to be ready yet.

I was astonished in particular about the fact that on the direct way between the individual way markings still so many systems were not scanned or named.
Apparently very few participants take the direct routes between the proposed intermediate destinations...?

Here are a few examples from On the Road:

The system SHROGAEI EH-U E3-3457 had four moons, all of them terraformable, especially at the companion no. 4 of the neutron star.

Here are the individual moons:

During the approach of the single moons also the rings were flown over.

A water world can also be found:

As well as a gas giant with water-based life, albeit without a ring.

And in the system SHROGAEI OE-G D11-4612 I found a gas giant with water-based life and a water giant.

In the system DRYAU AUSMS KG-Y E3390 I found in space a (nearly) heart-shaped constellation of stars, constellation different.

The system AUNAIR NS-U E2-1825 reminded me of the Mandelbrot men because of its constellation.

The two NS against the background of the Galaxy.

And the central star I also supercharged on.

I stopped for a moment in the system HYPOE FLYI HW-W E1-7966.

The system was partially explored by MISTRESS LILITH, and although it doesn't seem to have been mapped yet, I decided out of respect not to do so here.
Therefore I went into the black hole and looked outside.

In the system HYPOE FLYI SP-N D7-9035 I found a WW and a terraformable HMC.

However, after leaving the jump, there was something visible that slightly increased the temperature in the ship.

During the mapping I flew past the beautifully marbled gas giant.

Here the WW

And the HMC seen from the orbit of the WW.

Finally, I want to show the Great Annihilator where I first went. Of course I couldn't resist flying in there.
I can dispel concerns about too much heat, it got a little warmer, but I could stand it without using a heat sink.

Now my ship stands in the station EXPLORER´S ANCHORAGE, was repaired, maintained and I have sold my data.

At the moment there is no shipyard here, but you can exchange, store or redirect equipment.

The contacts are quite varied, Universal Cartographics is available, a goods market, the bulletin board, and a passenger lounge.

It seems there is no CG for the DW2 this week. Currently there are two CG running, which are located in the system DS LEONIS; 25.912,10 LY from here.

Fly Safe
Columbus

But it's about time that I sit down again and submit a report about the last days.

Right now I am from my second tour for the CG (The one with the bauxite, oxygen and uh water - How to build a universe out of it?)
I came back and delivered 368 + 5 T bauxite...
Here my loading space:

And then there was the Hopper, where 5 T Bauxit and one T Indit were still in stock.^^

With the oxygen and water before, I now have 546 T and am currently in the top 25%.
699,248 T are submitted by 1,815 contributors in total and we are just above Tier 9.
That works until Thursday guaranteed...

By the way, I minted together with Cmdr JOE WANDERER in the system JUENAE AJ-C C2-1813 at planet A2 in the rock ring, there is a very good BAUXIT hotspot.

Thanks again for the tip @joe wanderer :sm30.

Before that we met in the system STUEMEAE GG-Y C839 in an ice ring, where I just collected oxygen and water.

Note this strange hourglass shadow phenomenon.

What did I actually do the week before the CG?
I went back to the basement - the one under SAG A*.
Actually I've been there before, but with an ASP EX in front of all the engineering noise, FSD boosters and also NS boosters.
So I wanted to see if I could get much deeper...

That should turn out to be more difficult than I thought...

But on the way I found many interesting systems, almost all of them never visited (according to EDSM) and most of them unexplored.

For example the system PHRAA MX-U D2-66, where there were several TF candidates.

B6 stood out especially because of the big ice caps at the two poles, here you only feel comfortable at the equator, I think.

In the system PHRAA PRA MX-U D2-73 I found the 4th planet, a gas giant particularly worth seeing.

PHRAA PRA HP-B C2-210, where I found a WW and a nice ammonia world.

PHRAA PRA RO-Z D697, a system with one WW, two gas giants with live and one water giant.

Here's the WW:

The second gas giant with life:

The water giant:

And an especially large system, PHRAA PRA MX-U D2-110, here you will find two TF planets as well as 4! WW.

Even if it is a bit far (298.066 LS), I flew to the special planets for mapping.

Here are the worlds in no particular order.

Also a very nice system with a great find was PHRAA PRA NX-U D2-99, here there was a WW, an EÄ and a TF candidate.

Also here there was a long way to go for mapping, but earlier we flew the route alone for scanning.

This is HMC:

The WW:

And the EÄ:

With the PHRAA PRA FG-Y E43 system, a system with T Tauri stars was also represented.

In the system PHRAA PRA MX-U D2-55 I found a terraformable moon, so far my only one on the DW2.

The gas giant with ammonia-based life was unfortunately somewhat lost during the discovery, sorry...;(

Here I am still approaching the moon:

Seen up close:

In orbit of the moon, unfortunately I could not land:

And after the journey on, a last look from below the rings:

One of the special highlights on the small diving tour, in the system PHRAA PRA IR-W D1-71 I discovered and mapped a ringed ammonia world.

For me again and again one of the most beautiful heavenly bodies in the ELITE universe.

In the PHRAA PRA PT-Q C5-7 system, a moon flew in front of my lens while mapping:

He wasn't there yet:

And again a very special highlight, the system PHRAA PRA WO-R C4-2 with another particularly beautiful ringed ammonia world.

Only one of the gas giants representing him:

Here the ammonia world, at the first picture I am still mapping:

Then the system PHRAA PRA ID-Z D1-2405, I have here only pictures from the system card.

By the way, I still have to explain why and how I found so many interesting systems:
The best way is to take a look at EDSM from the PHRAA PRA MX-U D2-58 system.

Since I still had a lot of time left on the way back from the basement until the opening of the CG on Thursday, and since the system had so much to offer, and nobody seemed to have been in the area before me, I decided to explore as many systems as possible from a star-shaped perspective by Wednesday.

I created a little Columbus bubble here, so to speak...
Normally I would stay here until ALL systems around are scanned and mapped within reach of my PHILIPP FRANCE OF SIEBOLD, but that would take weeks, and unfortunately does not fit into the program of the DW2.
Maybe I can come back after that and finish the work...?

During the descent I happened to meet Cmdr CHESSI, unfortunately only in passing:

I am a little bit contrite, because after the return flight and docking at EXPLORERS ANCHORAGE I could find out, that I have a new record system at
HIGHEST PAYMENT found, scanned and mapped. Unfortunately I don't have any pictures of it.
I was paid the record amount of: 14.273.193 CREDITS! (Sure, including first discoverer bonus and mapping, but still...)
I had to make these after the sale of the data afterwards and can present so only the system card, a little surprised I am about the really high value of the system PHRAA PRA JR-W D1-10 then nevertheless:

And even the view at EDSM does not really give you an idea of its value:

If you want to secure some credits, you will find the system about 2.455,08 LY lower at the coordinates 198.1875 / -2464.28125 / 26051.78125.

Now I'm busy with the CG and you'll see how it goes on.
Fly Safe
Columbus

Top Bottom