Lag and Guest Fixes on PC

I love Planet Zoo, and despite me surpassing the recommended system requirements, guests create a massive amount of lag for me and many others with high-end PCs like mine, which has caused several of my friends who used to play PZ to quit. PZ also seems to have extremely inconsistent performance from system to system, with some low-ends doing well and high-ends like mine and my friend's doing poorly. I've heard that many games are easier on Ryzen processors and harder on NVIDIA ones, but I'm not switching to Ryzen for one game. I shouldn't have to, because I spared no expense when I got my latest and current gaming PC.

I don't know if there's a workaround for this problem, and there probably isn't. But still, I have hope that things will get better for Planet Zoo, because I love the game, and want to enjoy it. Also, I bought every DLC as a thanks to Frontier for giving me endless joy in Jurassic World Evolution 2. One day, I hope Planet Zoo will be the masterpiece JWE2 is.

Thanks in advance if you guys manage to fix it, and even if you don't, then thanks for at least trying. You can't do everything, and that's more than understandable. Optimization isn't easy.

I love Planet Zoo, and despite me surpassing the recommended system requirements, guests create a massive amount of lag for me and many others with high-end PCs like mine, which has caused several of my friends who used to play PZ to quit. PZ also seems to have extremely inconsistent performance from system to system, with some low-ends doing well and high-ends like mine and my friend's doing poorly. I've heard that many games are easier on Ryzen processors and harder on NVIDIA ones, but I'm not switching to Ryzen for one game. I shouldn't have to, because I spared no expense when I got my latest and current gaming PC.

I don't know if there's a workaround for this problem, and there probably isn't. But still, I have hope that things will get better for Planet Zoo, because I love the game, and want to enjoy it. Also, I bought every DLC as a thanks to Frontier for giving me endless joy in Jurassic World Evolution 2. One day, I hope Planet Zoo will be the masterpiece JWE2 is.

Thanks in advance if you guys manage to fix it, and even if you don't, then thanks for at least trying. You can't do everything, and that's more than understandable. Optimization isn't easy.
The guests causing so much lag is pretty crazy but understandable. In all the gamemodes you can limit the amount of guests you can have in your zoo (cap it at 1500-2000 if not lower depending on the size of the zoo). Better optimization on guests would be a better fix, but as players this is what we're stuck with

But the thing is, maybe we shouldn't be forced to be stuck with it, maybe it should be given attention since we've paid hundreds on this game over the years

I mean Planet zoo is a pretty demanding game if you have a large zoo, and even on very good computers its gonna start to lag eventually, nothing really that can be done about it. And its not really comparable to JWE2 in that regard since in that game you dont build everything from small pieces, which naturally takes more of a toll.
Also Frontier already did multiple perfomance updates over the years.

There are however a few tricks to squeze out a couple more fps like toggle off climbing on pieces you dont need it at or turn of or limit guests and animals (this is only a viable option in sandbox tho)

Top Bottom