Landing gear lights + make all lights toggelable

When I try to land in rough terrain with my DBX, does it happen quite a lot where the game says "Alignment OK" but the game still won't let me land. For these situations do I use the free camera to look at the landing legs and the ground, to see which leg is the problem, and potentially how to move, to get a Landing Successful. I can't do this in the dark side of planets because, surprise surprise, I can't see anything. So landing light would be very helpful here.

Also, an option to turn off ALL interior and exterior lights. This would be great for role playing, photography and movies. I personally love to land on the dark side of some planets / moons, turn off all systems except for life support, but I feel like the interior light ruin the moment. (Yes, I am aware you can disable HUD with ALT+CTRL + G)

For those who doesn't know what I mean with exterior lights, see the picture below. All light sources on the ship are from lights. I activated Silent running when taking the screenshot.
Edit: I see now there are some canisters in front of my ship emitting light, but ignore those.
EliteDangerous64_2020-05-13_15-19-13.png

Last edited:
Agreed. And the cockpit lighting/reflection overall. Since I mostly fly the Cutter I'm getting more and more annoyed by the cockpit reflection. Like seriously sometimes I almost go blind when the light of a star shines though my window and the whole dashbord goes nuclear. I feel bad for people playing with a VR headset, they must get their eyes burned out of they're skull.

But yes togglable lights need to be a thing. I really hate the Cobra (because aesthetics) but I absolutely love the dim lighting of the cockpit. I want this in my Cutter too.

Also, an option to turn off ALL interior and exterior lights. This would be great for role playing, photography and movies. I personally love to land on the dark side of some planets / moons, turn off all systems except for life support, but I feel like the interior light ruin the moment. (Yes, I am aware you can disable HUD with ALT+CTRL + G)

Like this?

lights off.jpg

sunset.jpg

Certain panels remain on, but the "lamps" that illuminate the cockpit are turned off.

When I try to land in rough terrain with my DBX, does it happen quite a lot where the game says "Alignment OK" but the game still won't let me land. For these situations do I use the free camera to look at the landing legs and the ground, to see which leg is the problem, and potentially how to move, to get a Landing Successful. I can't do this in the dark side of planets because, surprise surprise, I can't see anything. So landing light would be very helpful here.

Fully agree. We need landing lights all over the landing gear. Anyone that's landed on the dark side of ANYTHING wants them. Please. 🙏

For those who doesn't know what I mean with exterior lights, see the picture below. All light sources on the ship are from lights. I activated Silent running when taking the screenshot.
Edit: I see now there are some canisters in front of my ship emitting light, but ignore those.
View attachment 173065
Also on console would be great.

Top Bottom