Large Guardian Shard Cannon Question

There are a few posts on other forums stating that FDev nerfed guardian shard cannon.

Does anyone know if you can still kill an interceptor Cyclops with 4 LG Guardian Shard Cannons with premium ammo within 15-30 seconds? Thanks

Thanks for the link. very useful information indeed.

Still can't figure out if you can still kill an interceptor Cyclops with 4 LG Guardian Shard Cannons. I am totally new to thargoid combat.

Thanks for the link. very useful information indeed.

Still can't figure out if you can still kill an interceptor Cyclops with 4 LG Guardian Shard Cannons. I am totally new to thargoid combat.

I tried it and couldn't do it, even with premium ammunition.

There are a few posts on other forums stating that FDev nerfed guardian shard cannon.

Does anyone know if you can still kill an interceptor Cyclops with 4 LG Guardian Shard Cannons with premium ammo within 15-30 seconds? Thanks
Still doable, it depends on the Thargoids initial movements, and how much you mess with their cycles.

I tried it twice, no go. The regeneration is too fast.
It's luck more than anything these days. You need to blat at least two hearts, then a full rack of large shards will do it, but you have to get in between the shields, and hope it doesn't start manouvering too quickly.

It's luck more than anything these days. You need to blat at least two hearts, then a full rack of large shards will do it, but you have to get in between the shields, and hope it doesn't start manouvering too quickly.

oh, that explains it. i tried it without destroying any hearts.

There is one way to kill Cyclops in less than 20-30 sec without killing any hearts. This method probably is already nerfed by FDev.
Is this still possible?

There is another way to kill fast, around 1 to 2 minute, with killing 2 hearts. It's probably still doable.

Last edited:
There is one way to kill Cyclops in less than 20-30 sec without killing any hearts. This method probably is already nerfed by FDev.
Is this still possible?

There is another way to kill fast, around 1 to 2 minute, with killing 2 hearts. It's probably still doable.
I don't see any reason for FDev to nerf that, especially when they haven't balanced anything in AX for years and Shard Cannons are already trash.

But if you can't do it while being inside 800m range and spamming shards, I don't know. Care to share the video of your attempt as well?

I am new to Thargoid hunting. Still learning and has yet to solo an interceptor successfully.
I also thought it was very hard. But now I can solo cyclops reliably. I'm using a very tanky ship, tho. I wanna try it on something weaker so I can improve my skills.

Top Bottom