Large Zoo Split Between Saves

Anyone done a large zoo with sections split between different saves? Was it frustrating having to load different sections of what should be all one zoo? I know lag is an issue with large zoos.

It would be like the main part of your zoo being one save. And then have the Asia portion under another save. So each section of the zoo would be a whole new game. Hope this helps.

I haven’t tried it… interesting idea but I’d prefer to keep everything in a single save - I’d think it’d get annoying and not feel like a single zoo anyway.

I kind of attempted to do this, if I’m understanding you correctly. I considered making sections of a zoo, like for example a Reptile House, an African area, Asian area, etc. in different maps. I could never really go anywhere with that idea because it didn’t feel like a zoo, because well it really wasn’t.

It might also work well for some zoos with a dividing feature.

It's been a while since I was there, but Columbus Zoo used to be split by a highway where they had an tunnel under it that would work as a dividing point, and you also have things like the Wilds, which is run by the zoo but is a decent distance away from the main zoo.

It could work as "chunks" like it would be one save, same guests, same money etc., but it would load only part of the zoo and when you'd move behind borders of that chunk, it would load different part of the zoo.

Top Bottom