Launcher Update September - since then no Elite Dangerous

As headline says - I received the latest update, installed it - and since that time the launcher doesnt even start.
I tried again, instead of updating - I removed the whole Client and Launcher and installed it. But no luck .. The launcher refuses to start, not even an error-box of some kind.

My system core i7, nvidia 1050, 16 GB RAM worked flawlessly before ... what could be the reason for this "behaviour" ?

And sorry if that has been asked before ...

Same here. After they scrapped all the content, it seems they can't even keep the game running these days..
Wonderful.
But atleast the store works.

EDIT; it's steam that is at fault I guess, sorry!

Frontier store still works though.

Last edited:
Same here. That probably has something to do with the fact that Steam is down (because of Halloween sale) and the Elite launcher cannot verify the account anymore.

What the Hell...
I already own Elite Dangerous...

EDIT: Ok, after the 5'th try I can Play...

I cant come that far ... after double clicking the launcher .. it gives like half a second hdd activity - then poof nothing .. no error , no running launcher - nothing in task manager ...
I tried looking in the installed folder - no logfile or similar - where could I find something ?

I checked APPData. removed every trace there. Still no luck - any other clues ?

Last edited:
I logged in through Steam - if you can manage to load up Steam and roll down your games list in there, run ED from there and it may allow you in.
Fingers crossed!

Well just for tests - I re-installed it via steam .. which downloaded the whole ED-client .. but still refuses to launch the game.
TIcket created.. lets see what comes out of it

its an ASUS ROG GL753VD Laptop ... hence I created the footnote ...
Problem was solved by a helpful supports person .. who explained that the problem was an error Frontier Development created themself. He asked me to delete a line in the EDLaunch.exe.config about a Runtime that was obviously waiting for the wrong version (maybe ED without horizons ... ) afterwards the launcher started as if there was never anything wrong ^^

its an ASUS ROG GL753VD Laptop ... hence I created the footnote ...
Problem was solved by a helpful supports person .. who explained that the problem was an error Frontier Development created themself. He asked me to delete a line in the EDLaunch.exe.config about a Runtime that was obviously waiting for the wrong version (maybe ED without horizons ... ) afterwards the launcher started as if there was never anything wrong ^^

Ah yes the old Runtime v2 check - crazy that it is still there - there is some really sloppy coding going on at F Dev.

Glad you got sorted.

Top Bottom