Lava Rocks & Thatch Roof Should Be Flexicolor

(Copy-Pasted from the main Oceania Pack thread)

Please don’t take this as any form of hare whatsoever. I do my entire video praising the work of the Oceania Pack, however, I must use my voice to issue some concerns and disappointments overall. I can sing the praises however in a compliment sandwich.

Highlights:

1. All of the wood in here is so good. All of the flexicolor channels work so well together. The thatch wall set is my personal favorite, there’s so much customization you can do with it. It’s perfect for beyond Oceania. It’s amazing for Congo sections, Safari sections, South American sections and more.

2. The animals are incredible. Not just the looks, but the sounds. Easily the best sound design in the game yet. The kiwis little chirps, and the penguins as well. The Tasmanian Devils are properly freaky sounding. It’s incredible.

Lowlights:
This is a main form of frustration for me in the form of customizability. Really, this pack has so many useful pieces, I’ve built half of my Australian section already in the short few days of having early access. However, there are some gleaming flaws.

1. The new Thatch Set is not Flexicolor. This is the thirdthatch set that the public is paying for that we are not able to have full customization of. This is constantly disappointing as thatch in zoos come in a wide variety of colors, and it only makes sense to allow us to have that extra mile of creativity.

2. The new Lava Rocks also are not flexicolor. It’s a shame, because this is the set I was waiting for. The organic, base game rocks with a faux looking texture, but to me, they’re even less usable since black rock is so rare in real zoos. Faux rock sets are such an incredible thing to have in Planet Zoo. It’s why people love Twilight and Aquatic so much. Having the basegame rock shapes be flexicolor would be an instant sell on a pack, but it’s so disappointing that we don’t have that extra length of creativity in our arsenal.

More Highlights:

1. Career scenario is actually fun. First one I’ve properly dipped my feet into and it’s a good challenge. Very happy Bernie is back, and it’s a fun map to play on. Not to mention the new Ocean Background is great too.

2. The Net pieces. That’s it. They speak for themselves. Incredible.

So yeah, I’m so happy with this pack. It’s incredible. One of my favorite so far. However, I can’t ignore the fact that some of the things that would elevate the building in the game is constantly overstepped and I have no idea why. Again, no hate towards the team for this. Just voicing my concerns 💕💚

Absolutely agree, we really should have all these pieces flexicolor. Its probably the most requested thing we've asked for now for years and every time a new pack comes out that doesn't have that as an option, we have to make a stink about it. As a general rule of thumb, always provide more options (especially flexicolor).

(Copy-Pasted from the main Oceania Pack thread)

Please don’t take this as any form of hare whatsoever. I do my entire video praising the work of the Oceania Pack, however, I must use my voice to issue some concerns and disappointments overall. I can sing the praises however in a compliment sandwich.

Highlights:

1. All of the wood in here is so good. All of the flexicolor channels work so well together. The thatch wall set is my personal favorite, there’s so much customization you can do with it. It’s perfect for beyond Oceania. It’s amazing for Congo sections, Safari sections, South American sections and more.

2. The animals are incredible. Not just the looks, but the sounds. Easily the best sound design in the game yet. The kiwis little chirps, and the penguins as well. The Tasmanian Devils are properly freaky sounding. It’s incredible.

Lowlights:
This is a main form of frustration for me in the form of customizability. Really, this pack has so many useful pieces, I’ve built half of my Australian section already in the short few days of having early access. However, there are some gleaming flaws.

1. The new Thatch Set is not Flexicolor. This is the thirdthatch set that the public is paying for that we are not able to have full customization of. This is constantly disappointing as thatch in zoos come in a wide variety of colors, and it only makes sense to allow us to have that extra mile of creativity.

2. The new Lava Rocks also are not flexicolor. It’s a shame, because this is the set I was waiting for. The organic, base game rocks with a faux looking texture, but to me, they’re even less usable since black rock is so rare in real zoos. Faux rock sets are such an incredible thing to have in Planet Zoo. It’s why people love Twilight and Aquatic so much. Having the basegame rock shapes be flexicolor would be an instant sell on a pack, but it’s so disappointing that we don’t have that extra length of creativity in our arsenal.

More Highlights:

1. Career scenario is actually fun. First one I’ve properly dipped my feet into and it’s a good challenge. Very happy Bernie is back, and it’s a fun map to play on. Not to mention the new Ocean Background is great too.

2. The Net pieces. That’s it. They speak for themselves. Incredible.

So yeah, I’m so happy with this pack. It’s incredible. One of my favorite so far. However, I can’t ignore the fact that some of the things that would elevate the building in the game is constantly overstepped and I have no idea why. Again, no hate towards the team for this. Just voicing my concerns 💕💚
I agree 100%. If there's a way to make these pieces flexicolor, that would be legitimately amazing and extend the longevity of these pieces throughout the game's lifespan. We saw it with Conservation, Twilight and Tropical, hopefully we'll see it with this in a future update!

Thank you all for your support.

I am not sure whether I would want this via an update a la 1.15.1, or in the form of new pieces in the future in another scenery pack, but it’s something I feel very passionate about the fact that we really need. Thank you for your support, and I urge more people to lend their support in the future.

I think that the rocks should be flexicolour.

I think that we should also get a flexicolour thatch set.

I also think that the Polynesian thatch roof set is made with certain traditional materials in mind such as sugarcane and coconut palm, and that Frontier found it likely to be culturally disrespectful to change that. I do think a flexicolour thatch set Is important, but not this one. Especially when they took care to include traditional large sizes and shapes. They mentioned remaining true to culture and not being insensitive to the cultures they are representing in their dev post.

Yes, this would be an excellent adjustment! I'm making a Lion King themed zoo and flexicolor lava rocks would be perfect for the Elephant Graveyard!!!
I got give those slobbering, mangy, stupid poachers a film accurate habitat!
If the creator of the world-acclaimed “Hamilton the Musical but sung by Muppets” blockbuster supports this, then it absolutely forces Frontier’s hand.

We will get you your flexicolor rights my friend. Keep up the fight.

Thank you all for your support.

I fully agree with everything stated here! While I've not had an opportunity to play with the pack yet... The videos I've seen have left me stunned. The animals look incredible (and I can't even with the piebald variant of the kiwi!) and the scenery, overall, is incredibly well-done with a wide range of uses.

But having those rocks be flexicolor, along with the thatch would really increase the value and versatility of the pack ten-fold! I can see this being a really huge selling point that content creators would latch onto in future videos if it were to happen.

Well said Leaf, this is a simple request that would greatly increase the versatility of the thatch and rock pieces. PZ is all about open creativity and this is a glaringly missed opportunity. The quality that Frontier has committed to their new free and DLC content, as a whole, is truly exquisite; however, that makes this lack of flexicolor stand out even more for all the wrong reasons.

It's actually mind blowing to me (and not in a good way) that we get another non-flexicolor thatch roof. The original looks great and all, but I still can't build thach roofs like we have in germany, since the colors don't match my area. The tropical pack ones come close, but hhey don't come in classic form. And honestly, the community voiced the need for them for a long long time now. Frustrating indeed.

An addition: Off grid roof pieces are nice, but I still would like the on grid pieces as well.

@HeatherG Would it be possible to get this thread to be changed it "Lava Rocks & Thatch Roof Set would be Appreciated as Flexicolor" ? It would be much more suited as a request rather than a demand, I don't want to come across abrasive via the title.

Thank you all for the rest of your support. It means a lot to see this being actively sought after before the pack is even out.

These rock pieces are great, and I don't want them to go unused, but until they're flexicolor, they'll have minimal use on my end.

Top Bottom