Community Event / Creation LAVE RADIO - A podcast about Elite Dangerous

Sorry. We're a bit late this week. Can I please apologise in advance to Arthur Tolmie for the amount of 'Arf Thirst' that appears to be in this episode! #BlameBen
That got me intrigued. After listening to this episode, I wanted to know whether the rumors about Arf's - well, you know - are true. So I approached the CM team, and this was their response (see attached mp3).

Attachments

• arf.mp3
    306.9 KB
Thanks @Alec Turner for last night's shenanigans, I wish I'd managed to get you falling past the window!!!
It was an absolute pleasure as always. My plan had been to carefully edge down to the outside of the bar window, fall and then use the jetpack to hover outside ... but I fat fingered the jets and just fell straight past, finding myself in the classic situation of being on the ground with my SRV still on the roof. What I'd love to have tried (maybe another time) is to see if someone can then come out in a Scorpion, pick me up and then drive back in to a garage to get back into a station. Does anyone know, is it possible to board a Scorpion in a garage with a passenger in the back seat? Where does the passenger then materialise? Back in their own ship or in the drivers ship?

Lave Radio Episode 371 “The Muppet’s Christmas Carrot” - 21/12/2021
Twas the night before Xmas and all through the sidewinder Not a creature was stirring not even a llama

unknown.png

Lave Radio Episode 372 “We’ve entered a parallel universe and all agree with Shan” - 04/01/2022
Half the crew have or are recovering from lurgy, but we still talk about our hopes for 3308

Contien1-a_00007.png
Booo! I thought you were going to go with @psykit's show title!

picard-giddy.gif

[...]
It's update 10 time, so we resume our discussion about quitting points in games [...]
Savage. 😅

Jokes aside, I'm interested to hear the second part of this discussion. Last week it seemed a bit like the title didn't quite fit the discussion points. "Why players quit MMOs" vs (imho) "Why new players don't stick around".

But maybe that was just my interpretation of it, I assumed it would be more along the lines of why long time players finally stop playing and decide they've had enough. But it looks like this week's episode will talk a bit more about established players.

Yeah, we were working our way through "Quitting points in MMOs"
  • Being able to purchase it / install it
  • Initial Experience
  • Griefing / when the player leaves the newbie zone
  • Company Reputation
  • Burnout

and obviously we did cover the patch but figured we'd be as well to finish off what we'd started

I think shan is lawful good. He's the only character that holds subjects accountable to reality rather than to a different ideal those categories don't cover (but its neither lawful or good). My theory is that he's only mischievous to have something in common with everyone else :p

Sorry. Only listened to 2 episodes of lave in the last 6 months. First one was where shan declared max verstappen was a worthy world champion. Second one was this. Always enjoy shans confidence to say things as they are.

Thanks for the show, and the timestamps on youtube.

I think shan is lawful good. He's the only character that holds subjects accountable to reality rather than to a different ideal those categories don't cover (but its neither lawful or good). My theory is that he's only mischievous to have something in common with everyone else :p

Sorry. Only listened to 2 episodes of lave in the last 6 months. First one was where shan declared max verstappen was a worthy world champion. Second one was this. Always enjoy shans confidence to say things as they are.

Thanks for the show, and the timestamps on youtube.
I would agree with you that Shan the person is Lawful good, Shan the Character probably less so :D

It's usually our Tech Monkey Newell Turner who does the timestamps, so I've passed your thanks on to him

Thanks for listening o7

Top Bottom