Lave

I hear so much about it yet I don’t know anything about it. I know there was some civil war or something I think. Can anyone provide some links or clue me in on what’s up with that. Thanks

Lave is currently in a tug of war between two player groups, Lave Radio and the AEDC. I'm sure they'll be along shortly to fill you in.

It was the start system in the original (1984) Elite.
Location in the Allen Stroud book "Lave Revolution", written to coincide with the launch of E : D.
Currently subject to some sort of multiplay tomfoolery by player groups.

Also - (as xzanfr says) Lave was actually the system you started at in the original '84 version of the game.

lav3.jpg

I'll be back through here in a bit.

[edit]

In the original Game in 1984, Lave was the place that EVERYONE started.
It was a dictatorship.

During the kickstarter for Elite Dangerous, Frontier developer Michael Brookes (world builder and loremaster) arranged a number of authors to write lore for the new game.
One of those was Allen Stroud who sat down with Michael Brookes and noticed that Lave was a green dot and not a dictatorship. So Allen asked to write a book that told the story of how Lave became an Alliance System: [link to Allen's book on the frontier store] The book is quite good actually, and well worth your time and dollars.
Later Allen Stroud became "Station Commander" of Lave Radio - a regular podcast on the topics of Elite Dangerous and bathroom renovation.
Eventually Fronter offered to put a Player Minor Faction for them in game, and they had to write the same stuff and make the same choices every other player group has to do.
Including picking their government type and Faction Allegiance.

Allen rather thought that they might alienate 3/4 of their audience if they were an Alliance faction, and so they declared for "independent".

This was unfortunate, as it immediately became very appealing to anti-Alliance groups, of which there are many.

Under the spoiler is fairly typical anti-Alliance sentiment from this forum.
These are "banter" I do not view these at all toxic, and would never report them or moderate them.
This is fine.
dzOWiJQ.jpg

NrOjgGo.jpg

There was a Lave War I which was lost by LRN. After the war there was a negotiation where the Asteroid Station Warinus (second most important station in the system and by far the coolest because:
1) Asteroid stations are cool
2) It is named after one of Allen Stroud's ancestors - Warinus.
Warinus was proposed as the line in the sand - That is: Lave Station would remain Alliance, and LRN would have the rest of the system assets.

Allen would have been quite happy with this arrangement, but as he says "We don't know anything about the BGS, and we have to take the advice of our BGS strategists"

Unfortunately the LRN BGS strategists are mostly Federation and Pirates with some other Alliance haters thrown in. The yellow flag of "not-Alliance" really brought everyone out of the woodwork.
And so the offer was refused. Except that it was not outright refused, just kind-of "not-signed" or "not-ratified" or there were fingers crossed behind backs.

Lave War II was won by LRN, with many Alliance groups not participating because there was a general understanding that some sort of treaty was in place.
LRN have ruled the system since May, but there are many Alliance groups that are working to return Lave to the Alliance.

As many predicted going into the negotiations, the outcome could be endless war.

Once LRN secured Lave, some Alliance groups sat out or even actively worked against the Alliance for Lave War III, on the grounds that LRN deserved the system because they are nice people.

Unfortunately while Allen Stroud himself is a nice chap and all that, the out of game shennanigans have become pretty toxic.

The details of just how toxic are slowly circulating to wider distribution lists.

If you haven't received your copy of the 9-page executive summary, you probably just need to wait a while.

Or ask your contacts within the Alliance.
52106x1842.jpg

52436x1129.jpg
It's actually a kinda grim and depressing read, and the raw source even more so.

Last edited:
Top Bottom