Community Event / Creation Lavecon 2017: Alec's collected thoughts from the forum (and elsewhere)

I'm not sure I can quite express how awesome Lavecon 2017 was so I thought I'd just do what I do best and collect everyone else's thoughts, photos, etc all together here in one place (I apologise in advance if anyone objects to me doing this).

What I will just say/confess is that when I got home (admittedly tired, hungover and emotional) and started to write this I basically burst into tears ... so yeah, it was that good. You are ALL awesome! I've never seen such selfless giving from any community - ever (appropriate since I was involved in Saturday's Q&A panel on that very subject). The time, materials, friendliness, positivity, creativity and shear love and enthusiasm for this dumb game that we're all so very fond of (and that absolutely goes for everyone from Frontier as well) is staggering. Thank you, thank you, THANK YOU.

OK, that's enough from me, here's some other voices (and images). Feel free to add your own or point out anything I've missed (particularly from Reddit which I don't really use)

Sean Nocti Schofield‎ (facebook)
Slowly recovering from fantastic weekend of meeting old new cmdrs especially you trucker's. So much was going on and time seemed to so short. The only regret was Sunday and I had leave before event was over. Thanks for all your support . and great gifts. Anyway enough if me talking rubbish . great community great weekend fly safe cndrs o7

Mark Sanders (facebook)
Been home a few hours now. A MASSIVE thank you to Karen Fishwick, Psykokow T MadKow, Lave Radio Crew, Frontier Developments and everyone else who makes the event what it is. You guys are legendary. — feeling grateful.

Craig Hikins (facebook)
Had a fantastic weekend at lavecon and I would like to say Thank you from all of the DELTA SQUADRON for the amazing weekend we all had, a few sore heads and a few thing we would all lime to forget but we won't (ha ha ha) but AMAZING. Well done all those who organised the entire weekend and all the hard work they are continuing to do for it. o7 CMDR TAZ101

[SIZE=+2]Lavecon Buckyball Race 2017[/SIZE]
RECMDR nameForum nameShip nameCallsignRacedAward
1AlexBrentnallAlex BrentnallLavecon Buckyball Race[SIZE=-2]DeLacy Alpha Lima Echo[/SIZE]00:09:51Race winner
2AnuraniumAnuraniumLavecon Buckyball Race[SIZE=-2]DeLacy Alpha November Uniform[/SIZE]00:10:09Runner-up
3Archon FuryArchon FuryLavecon Buckyball Race[SIZE=-2]DeLacy Alpha Romeo Charlie[/SIZE]00:10:17Best single lap speed
4D SinclairD SinclairLavecon Buckyball Race[SIZE=-2]DeLacy Delta Sierra India[/SIZE]00:10:31
5OzricOzricLavecon Buckyball Race[SIZE=-2]DeLacy Oscar Zulu Romeo[/SIZE]00:10:46
6DelmonteDelmonteLavecon Buckyball Race[SIZE=-2]DeLacy Delta Echo Lima[/SIZE]00:11:06
7StevieGStevieGLavecon Buckyball Race[SIZE=-2]DeLacy Sierra Tango Echo[/SIZE]00:11:09
8J RamdarJ RamdarLavecon Buckyball Race[SIZE=-2]DeLacy Juliet Romeo Alpha[/SIZE]00:11:14
9Mathias ShallowGraveRootsratLavecon Buckyball Race[SIZE=-2]DeLacy Mike Alpha Tango[/SIZE]00:11:24
10ECLewisECLewisLavecon Buckyball Race[SIZE=-2]DeLacy Echo Charlie Lima[/SIZE]00:11:46
11Zulu RomeoZulu RomeoLavecon Buckyball Race[SIZE=-2]DeLacy Zulu Uniform Lima[/SIZE]00:11:50
12Orange SparkOrange SparkLavecon Buckyball Race[SIZE=-2]DeLacy Oscar Romeo Alpha[/SIZE]00:11:53
13Dr. ToxicDr. ToxicLavecon Buckyball Race[SIZE=-2]DeLacy Delta Romeo Tango[/SIZE]00:11:58
14Royal HankeyRoyal HankeyLavecon Buckyball Race[SIZE=-2]DeLacy Romeo Oscar Yankee[/SIZE]00:12:07
15MyshkaMyshkaLavecon Buckyball Race[SIZE=-2]DeLacy Mike Yankee Sierra[/SIZE]00:12:11
16BamBamLavecon Buckyball Race[SIZE=-2]DeLacy Beta Alpha Mike[/SIZE]00:12:16
17Prime9Mark AllenLavecon Buckyball Race[SIZE=-2]DeLacy Papa Romeo India[/SIZE]00:12:18
18-Nexus--Nexus-Lavecon Buckyball Race[SIZE=-2]DeLacy November Echo X-ray[/SIZE]00:12:22
19OboneOboneLavecon Buckyball Race[SIZE=-2]DeLacy Oscar Beta Oscar[/SIZE]00:12:23
20Tobi-wan KenobiTobi-wan KenobiLavecon Buckyball Race[SIZE=-2]DeLacy Tango Oscar Beta[/SIZE]00:12:33
21Flash GordonFlash GordonLavecon Buckyball Race[SIZE=-2]DeLacy Foxtrot Lima Alpha[/SIZE]00:12:38
22PajkPajkLavecon Buckyball Race[SIZE=-2]DeLacy Papa Alpha Juliet[/SIZE]00:12:55
23PurrcatPurrcatLavecon Buckyball Race[SIZE=-2]DeLacy Papa Uniform Romeo[/SIZE]00:13:00
24JustCallMeWendySteve KirbyLavecon Buckyball Race[SIZE=-2]DeLacy Juliet Uniform Sierra[/SIZE]00:13:05
25XLAXLALavecon Buckyball Race[SIZE=-2]DeLacy X-ray Lima Alpha[/SIZE]00:13:30
26Jez146Jez146Lavecon Buckyball Race[SIZE=-2]DeLacy Juliet Echo Zulu[/SIZE]00:13:31
27PieniasPieniasLavecon Buckyball Race[SIZE=-2]DeLacy Papa India Echo[/SIZE]00:13:39
28BeetleJudeBeetleJudeLavecon Buckyball Race[SIZE=-2]DeLacy Beta Echo Echo[/SIZE]00:13:46
29Jester DJester DLavecon Buckyball Race[SIZE=-2]DeLacy Juliet Echo Sierra[/SIZE]00:13:47
30JeronJeronLavecon Buckyball Race[SIZE=-2]DeLacy Juliet Echo Romeo[/SIZE]00:14:06
31ReighdarIan PhillipsLavecon Buckyball Race[SIZE=-2]DeLacy Romeo Echo India[/SIZE]00:14:17
32Don AntonaciZac AntonaciLavecon Buckyball Race[SIZE=-2]DeLacy Delta Oscar November[/SIZE]00:14:25

Highlight keyEndorsement key
Race winner
Runner-up
Best single lap speed
Competitor's best non-prizewinning entry
ddocking computer
fFSD injection
jjoker card
mmissing evidence
ttuned
xexcluded from ranking

UGXxauL.jpg
Cmdr furrycat, Cmdr Samwell Drakhyr & Cmdr Alec Turner.

The reason Lavecon is so great is because of your support with events like this. Absolutely sensational.

Thank you.

Jigster aka Cmdr Flash Gordon.

I attempted to recreate Alex Brentnall's winning effort, although he went for more of a spiral approach. We definitely have some racers on our hands on the leaderboard. Low or sub ten minutes are legitimate times.

The event as a whole was tremendous fun. Alec Turner spoke of feeling emotionally drained at the end of it and I completely understand that reaction. It's flabbergasting to think that after spending all that money to get a platinum ticket and then sitting in the LAN room for 90% of the weekend I would be delighted and think my time was well spent. It absolutely was.

Seeing the constant stream of people coming to look at what we were doing and queuing to take part was great. Best of all was that with one exception everyone who wanted to have a go did get the chance. Unfortunately for young Oliver he was inadvertently scheduled to clash with the Frontier Q&A which everyone went to and then he got rescheduled at dinner time.

The Frontier gang were all desperate to beat each other and Steve Kirby more or less had to be dragged out of the room at the end.

Both Alec and drakhyr get a massive paws up from me. The amount of time and effort Alec put in to making the event look so easy is difficult to appreciate. The artwork, the race thread, the controls setup, the leaderboard and most of all the patient explanation of the rules and constant stream of advice for new racers, all delivered with massive enthusiasm. I couldn't come close to that level of involvement, mainly sitting there and saying "go faster, mate" from time to time. drakhyr wasn't even supposed to be working as a race host. He just decided to forego the actual convention events he'd paid to visit and help us out because why not. Legends, the pair of them.

Perhaps the most memorable part of the event, however, wasn't actually related to the race at all. We were set up next to Snakebite who was demoing his GameCAB hardware and running the speed docking challenge. He returned to the room to find that one of the attendees had completely run down the reserve tank on the Eagle used for the challenge and was halfway through the main tank. Of course with Alex on hand that didn't need to be a problem and after some instancing issues, a 100k Ls cruise and some frantic message passing back and forth - as well as a crash course in the art of wing beaconing - from me, the ship was duly refueled with less than a minute's worth of oxygen remaining.

Whereupon Snakebite promptly boosted straight into the side of the Rataconda and died.

Rory Scarlett (facebook)
What an awesome few days! I can't thank Karen and the team enough for putting on such a splendid event. Great to see everyone again and so many new faces too!

I feel so lucky to be a part of such an inclusive and welcoming community.

And the guys from Frontier... What complete and utter L E G E N D S to put themselves on offer to us in such a friendly way.

Thanks everyone...

P5ncYY6.jpg

Zulu Romeo (facebook)
Below lie my spoils of LaveCon 2017. Special thanks to Jude Walker for her awesome artwork including the personalised one in the centre, to Frontier's Steve Kirby for generously giving me his 3rd place prize of a Fuel Rats towel for their fuelling rescue challenge, and especially to Jeremy Howat for kindly offering to give me his signed Elite: Dangerous art following the Q&A.

But really, LaveCon was more than all this. It was more than playing games and listening to seminars and workshops on the games and science fiction arts. It was more than picking up free paintjobs and deciding which VR set to buy after all.

It was about all of us.

I was finally able to see all those CMDRs and online community personalities I see and hear in text, picture, sound and video, finally come to life before my eyes.
In fact this was my very first real life Elite: Dangerous community get together with real people in a real location, and I was absolutely terrified about what to expect and how it would pan out. It turns out that it was all brilliant. Everybody there was absolutely wonderful, kind and awesome, and they were just as pleased to see me as I was to see them. More than cordial, more than friendly, positively Allied.

Regrettably I realise that there were some I didn't quite get to say hi to or shake their hand or have a chance to say how great the universe they created for us was or how great it was to play with them, and some who couldn't make it to LaveCon this year. No doubt there will be more times later for us to meet again Soon™.

As Allen Stroud and others summed up at the end of this afternoon's Lave Radio podcast recording, events such as this really revived interest in this little game, and gave us new meaning and new reason to keep painting this universe for everyone, and new reason for all of us to continue enjoying each other's company be it virtual or personal.

It has certainly given me new hope. I leave with a new perspective on the game and renewed enjoyment and hope. And I shall hope to return again for LaveCon 2018 - and maybe many others too.

May the Supermassive One bless you and keep you...

Fly well,

H.

ZlOPx3H.png

Yeah, I have officially played too many games for too many hours... Buckyball race, docking challenge, Artemis. Pretty much everything I had time to join inbetween the fuel rat event I won so I guess it was a good job I didn't have time to do anything more!
smile.png

[Essay]

What we did and feedback:
For those that didn't follow. Lavecon is a IRL convention at Northampton UK for fans of Elite and sci-fi in general which FDev join in with. The Fuel Rats had an event in the lan room which was basically a standard fuel rat drill but involving a tactical faceplant into the star and a code-red scenario. The upside being we had myself and a few other rats alongside in person coaching the players through it.
This worked fantastically well with a 100% success ratio and some frankly amazing results. o2 timers started at 25 minutes around the Fr+ time and once the wrong system and navlock failed issues had been sorted and the TFP completed the timer scores were mostly between 8 minutes and 16 minutes left!

Each participant was "secretly" marked on: Experience level, skill/style, communications, time left on o2 timer and Execution of TFP. Very few dared to do both the flying and the irc chat so I handled that for most people, however, the best TFP drops were 500m, 700m, 1km, 1km and 3km. And none of these players had ever done a TFP before!! Worst was a few Mm but moving to 3km on the 2nd attempt.

We had many good comments on the process being a lot more challenging than they thought and a lot more adrenaline pumping than expected. Lots said it was highly enjoyable being a completely different way to play the game than they usually do... And deliberately flying into a star was a little un-nerving for more than a few people.
biggrin.png

Over the 2 days we ran 22 players through the challenge including Steve Kirby from FDev. Each time there was up to 15 people stood behind watching and asking questions so the audience was much larger than the number appears. Several are interested in joining to some extent so if you see any pop in over the next few weeks do take care of them as I know you will!

Winners:
1st) Cmdr Nyxa Lovell - Best all around attempt
2nd) Cmdr D Sinclair - Best style/skill award
3rd) Cmdr Just Call Me Wendy (Steve Kirby FDev) - Tagline "I know what I'm doing"
4th) Cmdr Zulu Romeo - Excellent run with a focus on control and accuracy

Honorable mentions:
Cmdr Taz101 - Great control skill and style, speedy and efficient but just didn't quite nail the drop at the end with ~3km
Cmdr Myshka - Same as above, ~1km drop

Very hard to separate the top 3, in short it was rather a close event in the end, as I said some amazing results.

Thanks and further feedback:
Yes as Alec said massive praise goes to Masterloon, Watar, Demfloro, Adanaran for helping run the #laverats channel as damsels and dispatchers. A big thanks in particular Brother Sabathius who ran almost all the damsel side of things on both days with lots of brandy, humor and generally powered through one after the other. I was foolishly worried that I'd be sat there with a queue of people and nobody available on the irc but that was never the case so thank you for that!
(sorry for anyone I miss on the thank you lists, there was lots of things happening and alcohol involved)

Had some really positive comments throughout both days about the event and the rats in general and quite a few "thank yous" from people we've helped in the past.
A thanks again to the tech-rats for getting the channel up just for us to run the event in and sorting the bot. There were many comments on how well the !search function works and general amazement at how automated and sophisticated fuel ratting has become. (On the Saturday I was sat with one player where we just watched a live rescue take place in #fuelrats and he was literally stunned at the whole dispatching and general process).
There were also many who I quickly showed the Confluence help pages to who were amazed at all the background reading material, statistics page, leader-board stats etc. A common question was asking how busy we are and as the leaderboard shows about 30-40 rescues a day surprised many people.
The short answer is, lots and lots of people know about the Fuel Rats but many don't know much beyond the "who we are" and "what we do". Showing a basic bit of behind the scenes was a pretty great eye-opener for many people.

More thanks to Alec Turner, Uvelius Sang and Surly Badger also get a huge thanks from me for the frankly amazing artwork, advertisements printing and loot/prizes. (I think we won the unofficial "best free loot competition" too!).
Many people were determined to get their hands on the certificate, I still have a good 15 left, not sure what to do with them but I may be able to get them posted out to people if anyone wants one sent their way.
Thanks to Yujo Kameida as well for distributing the loot, stickers like it was his life's calling on the Saturday!

Finally lots of people including the devs asked if we would be branching into repair limpets. I could only answer: "I'd be surprised if we didn't"... So no pressure guys!

Personal reflection:
In short this event would have not been at all the same without all of you and it turned out pretty fantastic. It was great to see you all again as well, hopefully I'll be around next year, maybe more of the same again.
Anyone that was there will tell you I spent a lot of time talking at a rapid pace helping people through the event and the rest of the time running around between things and the bar! Despite the "workload" I did find it highly enjoyable.

Suggestions:
1) From a player looking at Confluence: It's very wordy, one thing that may help is a bullet point step-step guide for rats in certain scenarios like the TFP, the CRs etc that can be used as a quick reference guide for anyone that hasn't trained in the obscure events.
This may already exist but being truthful I probably don't know half of what's on confluence
smile.png

2) Next year at Lavecon we should consider doing a "Dispatcher training" challenge where we can add more and more clients in until the participant breaks under the pressure
smile.png
Not sure how this would work as dispatching isn't a simple process... I'll have a think over the next 12 months and see what I can come up with.
One thing I'd love to do is have them dispatch whilst the rat and damsel both stream on a 2nd/3rd screen so they can watch a drill rescue in real time whilst dispatching it.

I also want to get a large vertical screen with the #fuelrats channel up so anyone wandering by can watch any live rescues over the weekend happen in real time as a lot of people were interested in that.

[/essay]

Side note: Big props to the Buckyball racers too, helped make this a very enjoyable weekend. You are awesome!
smile.png

Side note 2: I have not tons but a significant amount of loot left if anyone is visiting any Elite related events in the UK I can send a care package of stickers and badges, let me know.

Tl: dr - Epic weekend!

Thanks Alex for organizing the event! It was a great idea, and it executed marvelously. Very fun to watch the Laverat rescues happen

Deal Or No Deal with Ed Noelmunds (Ed on absolutely top form - utterly hilarious!)

https://www.facebook.com/spikecraib/videos/1572098322862640/

Apologies if people can't see this video. If anyone has another one let me know.

Lavecon opening speaches.

[video=youtube_share;68S2KMuyJgw]https://youtu.be/68S2KMuyJgw[/video]

Lavecon cryptic location search (and answers)

pt2p0dKqQG6fvhObIjdjwg.png

Answers ...
xASan2l_Qo2Q2F3fTRl9SQ.png

Russel Pitcher (facebook)
Can I add my voice to the chorus of praise to everyone involved in LaveCon this year. I had a blast chatting with old and new friends, learned a lot in Chris Jarvis's audio workshop, saved the world twice in Artemis and even came joint second in the docking darts, which absolutely positively wasn't a complete fluke.

I'll try to erase the memory of the hour spent decorating Hober but that may take more Centauri Mega Gin than I currently have. Perhaps Jerry Pringle's fantastic HOT IPA will help!

Thanks again to all of you!

Cmdr Arithon's Elite Dangerous blog post
http://elite-dangerous-blog.co.uk/post/LaveCon-2017

Karen Fishwick (facebook)
Lots of people have said thank you to me for Lavecon 2017, which is lovely, but those thanks need to be shared as I could not do this on my own.

Firstly to the HWS team who came in to help with the front desk/merchandise when some of our regular volunteers could not make it as well as the VR room; Lisa​​, Julie​​, Dave​​ & Stuart​​.

To the Lave Radio team, who organise and lead on a lot of the content; John​​, Psykokow​​, Ben​​, and Chris​​.

To all our wonderful volunteer crew, without who we literally could not run this; Simoof​​, Steve​​, Bill​​, Chris​​, Tamara​​, John​​, James​​, Ashley​​, Harry​​, Chris James Stabler​​ , Dylan​​ & Oliver​​ .

To all the wonderful attendees who helped out when needed (there are too many to mention, but I will tag a few...) Darren​​, Andy​​, Peter​​ in particular spring to mind, but everyone who helped.

To our wonderful sponsors EDTracker and EDRPG. And to everyone in the community, who make the event such a friendly and welcoming place.

You guys are all the reason that I do this, thank you to all of you.

And of course to Allen​​ who got me into this in the first place.

(I have almost certainly forgotten someone and I am really sorry... I blame being tired)

Cmdr Vonpaulus (facebook)
Well I hope all CMDRs (and passengers) have arrived safely back at their home ports. This was my first LaveCon and for sure will not be my last. Special thanks to Karen and the many others that worked hard to make this event fun for all. Was great to meet so many of you. Some I knew from flying with before etc but for others this was a first contact situation. The FDev team were awesome and the Hutton crew seemed to be everywhere!!!! Much drinking and fun was had and special shouts to my wingman Jeremy (Jez146), the infamous Haji (Zulu Romeo) who was aimlessly wandering around the car park - probably trying to tag something decent this time, Brother Jason (Shepperton) with the lovely Nina, Rick (Star Biker) who next time should not just come for the Sunday, Alison (Wishblend) who was lucky I didn't try to pilfer some of her patches ;) , The camping queen Jude (BeetleJude) who made some snazzy art for everyone to enjoy, just don't trust her with codes ;) , AJ Coles, (Cillit er um Fury who likes to expose him self at conventions and on Youtube if rumours are correct :) , Russell who's design eye and craft hand could be seen all over the event and who was pretty lucky that myself and Jeremy didn't make mischief with his Hutton adorned car when we were drunk !!! And Michael who gave me the definitive version of why the moon isn't currently landable in game - though I got a very different explanation when I put the same question to a slightly drunken Sandro! There were so many more great people but my memory isn't what it should be after Friday and Saturday nights levels or "merryment" and big thankyou to all and so, so glad we all met up!!!

Fly safe ladies and gents and hope to see you all next year - CMDR Vonpaulus

[video=youtube_share;F5lDM5HSqQM]https://youtu.be/F5lDM5HSqQM[/video]

Cmdr Mindwipe (facebook)
Lavecon 2017 was Cmdr Mindwipe's 1st Lavecon i loved it and didnt want to go home dispite missing the kids (truely). when i first arrived i was nervous as hell as im not used to crowds for the longest time but all of you who i interacted with made me feel so welcomed. So as one off i quickly slapped this together to reflect.

https://soundcloud.com/mndwipeuk/lavecon2017-dont-you-forget-about-me

Unofficial group photo - Michael Werle (twitter)
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DDGMZn5W0AA92LL.jpg:large

Flossy's photos
https://helenlister.smugmug.com/Lavecon-2017--23-266/

Lavecon 2018! (yes, already!)
https://www.facebook.com/events/782439308590510/

Last edited:
Added a bunch of new stuff including a message from Karen, an event link for Lavecon 2018 and Cmdr Arithon's excellent blog post.

Very memorable... (Photo NOT ME !) But I advise you don't loose a bet at Lavecon..... ;-)
[redacted]

Errr, for what it's worth I asked Chris how he felt about me sharing some of those photos here and, unsurprisignly, he said he'd prefer to keep them to the private facebook group.

I guess it's up to you and/or the moderators but if it were me, joking aside, I'd respect that. He owned that forfeit like a man but I think the joke's over now.

:p

Last edited:
Errr, for what it's worth I asked Chris how he felt about me sharing some of those photos here and, unsurprisignly, he said he'd prefer to keep them to the private facebook group.

I guess it's up to you and/or the moderators but if it were me, joking aside, I'd respect that. He owned that forfeit like a man but I think the joke's over now.

:p
Opps sorry ! But it was a bet lost with Gace (Maybe not dignity) ;-)

Last edited:
Very memorable... (Photo NOT ME !) But I advise you don't loose a bet at Lavecon..... ;-)
REDACTED TO HOT FOR The Forum ;-)

LOL

Shame really 'cos they're flippin' hilarious but I think it's the right thing to do. For everyone mystified by all this I suggest you join the Hutton Orbital Radio Truckers facebook group. I'm sure those images will be trending for years to come. Warning: once seen they can never be unseen! :p

Last edited:
Did you get to see the final part of the ED: RPG adventure with the Lave Radio crew: Incident at Baijangu? I've listened to all the first three parts via Lave Radio and wondered how it was going to turn out and if they would be recording it to upload to Lave Radio. Were there many people interested in playing ED: RPG themselves?
Well done for managing BRC and Fuel Rats events! o7

Last edited:
Did you get to see the final part of the ED: RPG adventure with the Lave Radio crew: Incident at Baijangu? I've listened to all the first three parts via Lave Radio and wondered how it was going to turn out and if they would be recording it to upload to Lave Radio. Were there many people interested in playing ED: RPG themselves?

I have to say, aside from the Frontier Q&A, Mr Blobby and occasional visits to the bar I pretty much spent the entire weekend in the LAN room doing the race. I listened to all three parts (the 3rd in the car on the way to Lavecon) but I just didn't have the time to go and listen to it. I too am really hoping they'll make it available to download, along with the live episode of Lave Radio (I'm sure they will).

Big thanks to Karen and everyone who helped her organise such a great event, and to all the guys from FD who are rock solid awesome. That Ed Noeledmonds guy is great too!
Big thanks also to my fellow attendees who are such a friendly bunch - it's not always easy for me to just strike up conversation with strangers and as a lone attendee it was a bit of a jump.
See you next year!

Flossy

Volunteer Moderator
Thanks to all involved for making Lavecon 2017 such a memorable experience, and especially to Psykokow and Simoof for making us welcome to travel with them on the Funbus. There are too many other people to name, but it was great to meet you all, some for the first time and others we have known longer - including one or two for many years before E: D. Already looking forward to the next one! :).
You can see a selection of my photos here:

(originally copied & pasted from my FB post but the text colour appeared hard to read, so I changed it to what I thought was the usual colour but seems it was unreadable in the default Frontier colour scheme - apologies! Now re-typed manually so hopefully readable now. :) )

Last edited:

I will be asking Chris Jarvis, very nicely, if he can do the same splendid job for us as he did on the first 3 episodes.

Whilst I am here I would like to add my voice to all those who had a great time at LaveCon and as Karen tweeted yesterday only 362 days until LaveCon 2018!

For those using the official frontier forum theme who can't read white text on a white background ..

Thanks to all involved for making Lavecon 2017 such a memorable experience, and especially to Psykokow and Simoof for making us welcome to travel with them on the Funbus. There are too many other people to name, but it was great to meet you all, some for the first time and others we have known longer - including one or two for many years before E: D. Already looking forward to the next one! https://static.xx.fbcdn.net/images/emoji.php/v9/f4c/1/16/1f642.png:)
You can see a selection of my photos here:

Thanks Flossy, great photos (I'm even in a few of them). Added to the OP.

Last edited:
Top Bottom