LAVECON 2020 - Elite Dangerous Community Documentary

Greetings Commanders!

I'm working on the outline for a short documentary film about the Elite Dangerous journey & community.

I'm interested in interviewing representatives from any player groups & sub-communities that will be attending LAVECON 2020. I'm also happy to talk to any individual who feels they have something interesting to contribute to the story.

If you know of anybody who should be included (who might not see this message) then please let me know.

If you're interested or have any questions then please reply here, contact me on Twitter @JohnStabler or email john@stabler.tv

Thanks,
John

Last edited:
Delta Squadron will be in attendance and it will be our 5th consecutive year attending for the annual Delta booze up.
Feel free to contact me on our discord https://discord.gg/tAUJv8x

p7872813_3020930640_5.jpg

I won't be at LaveCon.

But the AEDC have a stake in the story of Lave and the wars for control there.

There's a whole backstory about botters, treaty breakers, proxy wars, combat loggers, turncoats, turned spies, and Feds under the beds.

Heck - you should read the Discord Logs of the Lave Radio crew when they think no one will find out.
If this is an actual documentary and not just a PR exersize for the "Friends of Allen Stroud" club, then you should probably get in touch with Mangal Oemie via the AEDC Discord.

52436x1129.jpg

I won't be at LaveCon.

There's a whole backstory about botters, treaty breakers, proxy wars, combat loggers, turncoats, turned spies, and Feds under the beds.

Heck - you should read the Discord Logs of the Lave Radio crew when they think no one will find out.
If this is an actual documentary and not just a PR exersize for the "Friends of Allen Stroud" club, then you should probably get in touch with Mangal Oemie via the AEDC Discord.

52436x1129.jpg

just got real...

Greetings Commanders!

I'm working on the outline for a short documentary film about the Elite Dangerous journey & community.

I'm interested in interviewing representatives from any player groups & sub-communities that will be attending LAVECON 2020. I'm also happy to talk to any individual who feels they have something interesting to contribute to the story.

If you know of anybody who should be included (who might not see this message) then please let me know.

If you're interested or have any questions then please reply here, contact me on Twitter @JohnStabler or email john@stabler.tv

Thanks,
John

I might have a few words to say but it all depends...

I won't be at LaveCon.

52436x1129.jpg
Whoa, i'd forgotten about that drama

I won't be at LaveCon.

52436x1129.jpg
You going to include any of the (cough, cough) crew in that?

😁

The film isn't going to be about Lave or Lave Radio. LAVECON is just going to be the backdrop and an ideal meeting point for the community making it easy for me to grab people for interview. I'm sure the LR crew will be involved if they want to be :)

I haven't finalised the outline but I can say it will focus on the online community, the camaraderie and real-life friendships sparked by the game.

I haven't finalised the outline but I can say it will focus on the online community, the camaraderie and real-life friendships sparked by the game.
So -
It's a PR puff piece and the only interested audience will be the participants.

If you want a STORY - there's a real story or two to be dug up.
But you'd need to have some cohones to do a bit of digging.

You're not making a film, you're making a commercial.
It won't be a documentary - it will be an advertisement.
Just make sure you get paid - don't do it for the charity.

Top Bottom