Originally I was actively trying to block all station rammers and known cheats, however the more I've looked into this the more it's become apparent that they are largely the same players. So I think there is no real need to make a distinction between the two.
So you did see a correlation between rammers and cheaters?
I am curious what you define as cheating though (obviously without naming and shaming), what the most common types of cheats you noticed, and are you including the hack-type cheating, eg:
- engineer G5 module glitch
- memory hacks (infinite shields etc)
- auto-macros (auto pip changing)
- trade bots
- credit/rep exploits
- cLogging (not 15s logging)
- lag switches
- Station security exploits (holes in fire coverage, bumping CMDRs over 100m/s etc)
I've never blocked anyone (yet), but then maybe cheaters are about and I've just not noticed their use? I guess the main one would be PvPers who FDev missed, and they've retained their G5 glitched modules. Just curious really if that link to rammers is true.