Lemur habitat concept

While experimenting a bit in sandbox mode to get used to the building tools and to see whats possible I came up with a Lemur habitat where instead of the guest being able to visit the animals, the animals may 'leave' their habitat and visit the guests. It doesn't look too pretty right now as it is but I decided to share the idea as there isn't much to sare as a blueprint anyways. I managed to make it work without the animals oficially escaping their habitat. The erichment item on the bridge does count for the animals but it appears that Zookeepers are not competent enpough to refill any food (enrichments) up there. Sadly I never witnessed the animals to use them even if they decide to climb on the bridge from time to time.

20191112154731_1.jpg
20191112155705_1.jpg

So yeah, the idea is to officially add the space underneath the bridge as part of the habitat by using the 'Null Barrier' and deselecting one barrier part as habitat perimeter. (First option in the bottom right corner.)
20191112160016_1.jpg

For some reason I couldn't make it work without adding a tiny piece of barrier next to the guest habitat door:
20191112160224_1.jpg

@NeedPlanetZoo That looks so cool! So you added that part below the bridge to the habitat to prevent the animals from counting as escaped, right?
There's another way to do that that. The trick is that people who walk on paths, ignore all hitboxes, but animals always abide by hitboxes. So you can make the path leave/enter the habitat either through a null fence or above the fence and then block the path with scenery or architecture pieces. Ropes hanging from the ceiling might even be kinda realistic. For lemurs, just make sure they can't climb over the thing that's supposed to stop them.
I actually took these screenshots from a test for how to put facilities inside habitats and still have the techs be able to service them. But the same thing also works for visitors.
20191128232827_1.jpg

bottom right: ropes "hanging" from the ceiling. Left: some wooden beams from asia
20191128232835_1.jpg

• Like (+1)
Reactions: Kai
I hope this never gets changed, I love that you can use ropes etc to create barriers, it adds so much more creative freedom.

I actually took these screenshots from a test for how to put facilities inside habitats and still have the techs be able to service them. But the same thing also works for visitors.
But this experimental layout would not work with guests being in this habitat with wolves? Wouldn't they flee, would they?

With guests this kind of habitat becomes a particle accelerator. The guests set one foot into the habitat and then start running. :D So it doesn't work.
but however, awesome that you find a solution to the 'problem' placing a generator into an habitat and thanks for sharing!

Top Bottom