Level 2 and Level 3 Detailed Scans

I checked what I believe was all of the Exploration forum and didn't see anything here. I remember that, for the longest time, these sat at 0. Now, I'm showing hundreds of completed Level 2 and Level 3 Detailed Scans and I have no idea why. Even a Google search hasn't returned anything as to what they represent. Have I missed something? Does anyone else show that they have completed these scans?

I may be wrong but as I understand it:

Level 1 = honk
Level 2 = Detailed scan
Level 3 = First discovered

It was bugged and should now be fixed.

According to one of the devs, it is supposed to be:

1 - honk
2 - basic scan
3 - detailed scan

but that is most definitely NOT what is currently showing. It is also most definitely NOT just a reversal of 2 & 3 as some people think.

Of the theories I've seen the best explanation is:

2 - detailed scans after the 1.1 update was released (Feb)
3 - detailed scans before the 1.1 update

For the moment it's like this:

LVL 1: honk, not reported anywhere
LVL 2: every surface scan made after 1.2 patch. The number will refresh ONLY AFTER YOU SOLD THE DATA.
LVL 3: every scan made before 1.2, will not refresh.

I'm sure of this becouse every player that has started playing after 1.2 patch has lvl 3 scans at 0, and not moving.
Every player that started playing and exploring before has lvl 3 in positive numbers, but it's NEVER raising.

The current system is a way to store data, to show us that the server is keeping track of what we do. In the future these data will be explained, and moer stats will hopefully rise, and every player will have their data redistributed in correct categories (we hope).

No, it was definitely the 1.1 patch not 1.2. I had a value for level 2 even though I was on the other side of the galaxy when 1.2 was released.

No, it was definitely the 1.1 patch not 1.2. I had a value for level 2 even though I was on the other side of the galaxy when 1.2 was released.
Ok, so it's 1.1

Me, and every player i know that started playing after 1.2 have detailed scann at 0 and not moving. It could be 1.1, i wasn't there to tell.
My guessing is that before the patch scanning system was different? I've heard that in gamma hoking the horn would have granted surface scans of every body in the system, is that correct? this is why they are separating them probably.

I can't say anything about gamma, but up to some time in late January just honking was enough to get the first discovered tag. But that was a bug, the process itself hasn't changed. I've got some 'first discovered tags' on planets that I never scanned and I don't have any detail about them.

Top Bottom