Roller Coasters LIfe-Size Replica of CCI "Great White" at Morey's Piers

Here's a pretty accurate copy of the CCI "Great White" at Morey's Piers, Wildwood, New Jersey, USA. When I saw the nested turn with the dips in the middle like a fedora hat, I knew I had to make this coaster. Plus, it's somewhat unique in how the train gets from the station to the lift.

NOTE: Blueprint does NOT include a full pier. You'll have to build that yourself. See Workshop item description for instructions.

Workshop link: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1609861656

Part of my life-size coaster collection: https://steamcommunity.com/workshop/filedetails/?id=1564463657

And the POV: https://youtu.be/GQkNhVPPUj8

Is this built to scale? There’s another Great White on the workshop and it was built wrong, station too short and the coaster layout is scrunched. This looks more realistic.

Yup, it's built to scale. When I put "Life-Size" in the title, I mean it. I used whatever actual dimensions I could find online and also measured the real thing on Google Maps.

Prior to early 2018, it was generally impossible to make life-size coaster replicas because PC's default friction is about 20% too high. In the preceding Dark Ages, if you built a life-size coaster (especially limiting the lift to the real height), it either wouldn't complete the circuit or would be abysmally slow. But about that time we got the ability to change friction values on a per-coaster basis. That changed things completely. It has since been possible to make life-size coaster replicas even down to tiny compact things as long as you set friction to 0.8 (usually) or 0.9 (very occasionally). So, this coaster (and all my other life-size replicas) has friction of 0.8 (or occasionally 0.9) and has the same height and footprint dimension (within 2m) of the real thing.

I have a partially built Morey’s Pier park, I will have all piers except Sportland Pier which is not owned by Morey’s. It’s mostly a go-kart pier now. I’ve been to Wildwood several times in my life. I made a recreation of a long gone attraction, the Haunted House at Morey’s Pier which existed from 1972-1984. Its on the workshop. The interior is not complete but the layout is somewhat accurate based on a guys drawings of all three floors, he has a sharp memory. It’s non functional though. The angle of the stairs to the second and third floors are too steep for a path, I used the metal stairs from the scenery and covered the stairs with wood pieces.

I have a partially built Morey’s Pier park, I will have all piers except Sportland Pier which is not owned by Morey’s. It’s mostly a go-kart pier now. I’ve been to Wildwood several times in my life. I made a recreation of a long gone attraction, the Haunted House at Morey’s Pier which existed from 1972-1984. Its on the workshop. The interior is not complete but the layout is somewhat accurate based on a guys drawings of all three floors, he has a sharp memory. It’s non functional though. The angle of the stairs to the second and third floors are too steep for a path, I used the metal stairs from the scenery and covered the stairs with wood pieces.

Your post is not in line with what the topic is about... [confused][confused]

@bullethead: your two turnarounds look stunning together.

Top Bottom