News Lifetime Expansion Pass Holders - Update!

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Well... I just wanted to know if there's anything new on this after being away from the forums and the game for some time.
Nothing new. The 2020 update is included in the LEP and so you don't have to pay for that one.
I know that now… But as I stated before, that's roundabout up to one and a half year until that update arrives… if there are no further delays… who knows…
FD, you know… :sneaky:

Oh and just for the record : I was the one who necro'd this thread...

So my posting was meant as a direct answer to amigacooke, hence the quote of his lines.

IF Frontier were to do it all again (and it's not unfeasible to think that Frontier could end Elite Dangerous and release Elite Dangerous 2) they would do a few things differently. They wouldn't use crowd-funding again, I'm fairly certain they've stated as such. They won't offer lifetime expansion passes again, they lost a lot of money with that and I don't think they'd pander to the community as much.

But of course, that's merely my opinion.
No they haven't. At least not yet. But I agree with the rest.
They did lose a lot of money, all the people with LEP's would have bought the paid expansions.

They did lose a lot of money, all the people with LEP's would have bought the paid expansions.
They did buy the paid expansions. Until such time as Frontier sees fit to sell roughly 3 more full priced premium expansions, they've made that much more from me than expansions they've made. Either way, so far it's worked out quite well in their favor indeed, at least on my behalf.

The Horizons announcement LEP was like 180 USD in addition to the 60 USD or so I paid for Elite: Dangerous.

Last edited:

Viajero

Volunteer Moderator
Clearly I am going to have to explain this again.

If I knew then what I know now (the protracted delay without new information) I would not have chosen to buy the LEP instead of the Horizons expansion.
No, your explanation is just lacking, and we have to show you why again.

This is what you bought: https://web.archive.org/web/20150902125322oe/https://www.frontierstore.net/games/elite-dangerous-cat/elite-dangerous-horizons-lifetime-expansion-pass.html

This didnt include any specific timeline or information description at all for any of its future elements, or a promise to provide such timelines or info, except the vanilla base game and Horizons (known at the time of your purchase).

Everything else is just actual wishfull thinking on your part I am afraid. I sympathize with your interest in having more info now (who wouldn´t), but that is not what we bought.

In addition to that, since then there has also been actually new information about upcoming LEP content, been shared several times, that you have presumably chosen to ignore.

Last edited:
No, your explanation is just lacking, and we have to show you why again.

This is what you bought: https://web.archive.org/web/20150902125322oe/https://www.frontierstore.net/games/elite-dangerous-cat/elite-dangerous-horizons-lifetime-expansion-pass.html

This didnt include any specific timeline or information description at all for any of its future elements, or a promise to provide such timelines or info, except the vanilla base game and Horizons (known at the time of your purchase).

Everything else is just actual wishfull thinking on your part I am afraid. I sympathize with your interest in having more info now (who wouldn´t), but that is not what we bought.

In addition to that, since then there has also been actually new information about upcoming LEP content, been shared several times, that you have presumably chosen to ignore.
Let Frontier deal with Frontier customer queries please Viajero. You are adding nothing new to the conversation, whereas they can.

Viajero

Volunteer Moderator
Let Frontier deal with Frontier customer queries please Viajero. You are adding nothing new to the conversation, whereas they can.
You are posting in the forum, and you seem to often repeat the same flawed arguments. I think any other patron in the forum has the same rights to respond and correct those in the same way as you, and as often.

If you want a discussion with Frontier without opposing opinions or interference, and without the need to repeat yourself, I´d recommend you to take that in private with Frontier, be it at the CS site or via pm. But if you do it here you will need to suffer the corresponding opposing opinions.

Last edited:
You are posting in the forum, and you seem to often repeat the same flawed arguments. I think any other patron in the forum has the same rights to respond and correct those in the same way and as often.

If you want a discusison with Frontier without opposing opinions or interference, and without the need to repeat yourself, I´d recommend you to take that in private with Frontier, be it at the CS site or via pm.
And we can do it here too.

A thread that has posts added to it. What will they think of next?
I get the irony of my stance, but in a thread about an LEP Update thats virtually necroed for no good reason the thread should be locked until an update worthy of a News pinned thread actually happens. For one second I thought something was happening and found its just the usual, making me right grumpy.

I get the irony of my stance, but in a thread about an LEP Update thats virtually necroed for no good reason the thread should be locked until an update worthy of a News pinned thread actually happens. For one second I thought something was happening and found its just the usual, making me right grumpy.
It now seems that any thread you don't deem as useful should be closed. Hmm ...

The other irony is that the thread would die of it's own accord if only people stopped objecting to it not dying of it's own accord.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom