Light distortion/ heat haze/ wavey effect when going into supercruise or hyperdrive is missing?

I have FX quality set to high. This was happening since the fleet carrier update. Wondering if anyone has the same issue and has found out what the problem was.
I reported the problem to the Frontier Issue Tracker.

I have FX quality set to high. This was happening since the fleet carrier update. Wondering if anyone has the same issue and has found out what the problem was.
I reported the problem to the Frontier Issue Tracker.

Yeah know bug since a few patches unfortunately...

Yeah, I miss that effect. Probably won' t win the bug fix elections and become the new normal. The Knights of FD will tell us anyone who wished it was fixed are idiots for wanting their screen distorted.

I can't say I ever noticed it either, although I might not have had the effects on high. Is there a YT video with it somewhere as that might jog our memory?

Someone like @Bottom Hat probably remembers the fuzzy things... or maybe I'm thinking of something else, can't quite recall :)

I play with all settings (bar AA) maxxed out (also in 4K - hence the no AA) and I think I know what you are talking about - now I shall have to pay attention next time I jump ;)
Been to busy hurrying this account around the 'new' stuff to take much notice of jumping!

I remember this but can't say I noticed it was missing now. However there are more serious issues that need fixing that this so I'm not going to moan about it.

Yep, I can confirm the same issue on the PC as well, I voted up the bug in the issue tracker and added my own comment to the list - hopefully it can be fixed easily.

There have been quite a few visual downgrades over the years, It would be nice not to have any more, intended or otherwise.

I'm starting to wonder if elite dangerous started out looking like star citizen
How can a published game look like something that has never got out of alpha (so is still essentially a tech demo that. if it is ever published (unlikely in the forseeable future) could look nothing like the demo today)?

Do we have a current debacle? I appear to have missed that :ROFLMAO:

Can confirm the shimmer effects are gone on Xbox 1X and have been for awhile now.
Bring it back Frontier.
It was one of the reasons I bought the 1X in the first place.

Just like the heat effect behind your thrusters, it's gone too.
All quality setting effects are gone actually, no matter what setting you pick, it's stuck on performance on Xbox One X.
It's been like that since the initial release of Fleet Carriers.

Just warming this thread back up as this is still an existing issue, can confirm still not working on PlayStation 4 Pro nor on PC, my FX are set to high, the affect does not occur when going into SC/hyperspace, getting interdicted or arriving at stars.

Can anyone confirm, Is this effect working in Odyssey?

o7

Yup, I have heat shimmer in Odyssey. It's pretty neat, even if it is totally unrealistic as it is an atmospheric effect. Never saw it in Horizons, though. You say it was there once upon a time? I have owned the game for 5 years but only really started playing it last October. (I fired it up due to COVID boredom!!!) I'm pretty much exclusively Odyssey now...

Yeah, it was in the game before the fleet carriers patch, then that patch broke the feature completely and it’s been missing ever since in Horizons.

Good to hear it’s back in Odyssey 😎

Top Bottom