Linear Throttle Option Please

Currently we have continuous and incremental throttle options, but we do not have a linear throttle option. This would be similar to a car throttle or aeronautical throttle. If my slider is 15% forward, I should be at 15% throttle, not all the way up to max until I kill the throttle or bring it back to 0.

This would make flight much more realistic I feel like and not so awkward.

I do not understand what do you want to see in the game completely. Continuous throttle means that as long as you press throttle up/down you increase/decrease speed, as soon as you release the key you stop accelerating/decelerating. You can change it to increments 10/12.5/16.7/25%, this will lead to linear acceleration/deceleration at the pre-defined amount of thrust.

Hi Aleksej,

Thanks for the fast response. Currently it doesn't do that. When you throttle up with my joystick (logitech extreme 3d pro) it goes all the way and isn't linear. It may be a calibration issue, but I doubt that because I double checked it and am pretty familiar with gaming devices. The dial has a range of about 200* and 0-100 are for reverse and are a dead zone unless you're in reverse. 100 - 200* are for acceleration, only when you are in drive. It's a minor annoyance and could be mapped better I believe.

I think you might be confused by the throttle mechanics, your ship moves faster the further away you are from mass, especially large objects like stars and planets.

I'm not sure there is maximum speed (it would be higher than 2000c); you can only achieve that speed when very far away from the nearest star. For the most part you will accelerate to the % of maximum speed you have set fairly quickly, but the maximum speed is constantly changing based on your distance from other objects in space.

Top Bottom