Linux

steam OS isnt even popular it wouldnt be worth the effort to market a game on an obsolete platform

not popular=/=obsolete. steam OS is build on debian OS. and valve will keep it alive since they and third party brands sell steam machines. so no, I don't agree with obsolete [big grin]
obsolete would be making a games targeted for windows XP or lower.

Last edited:
not popular=/=obsolete. steam OS is build on debian OS. and valve will keep it alive since they and third party brands sell steam machines. so no, I don't agree with obsolete [big grin]
obsolete would be making a games targeted for windows XP or lower.

What is really obsolete is DOS or BASIC [big grin]

Last edited:
Ive been using windows for over 20 years and only ever had one virus that actually effected me, just dont download "bad stuff"

Ive been using windows for over 20 years and only ever had one virus that actually effected me, just dont download "bad stuff"

If only it was that easy. There have been a handful of high profile websites that have been compromised in one way or another, that have caused instantaneous virus downloads to a users computer. Second you could follow a legitimate looking link to a site, or maybe that link just immediately infects your computer. You could get a email attachment that immediately infects you through Outlook without you even having to look at the email because of an unpatched vulnerability. There are tons of ways really to get a virus. The best virus hide on your computer and you never know they are there as they send off your data, your key presses, use your computer for DDOS attacks...... and on and on.[sad]

I always have a feeling that people installing and working on a Linux system are the same people who are fighting 'the system' [big grin]

I always have a feeling that people installing and working on a Linux system are the same people who are fighting 'the system' [big grin]

Can confirm. It's still a beautiful operating system, so much nicer than Windoze, but two issues: 1) only kde seems to know what a good desktop is, the rest are subpar, 2) lack of software support. The software support issue could be fixed if developers open sourced the elements that make os specific calls, like to DirectX or to registry. That way open source developers can port the game to any os without the developers having to compromise any secrets. [mouth shut]

I also would like to see this game one Linux.. I don't know how high effording it is porting the Engine to Vulkan but I think the money getting when more people buying this awesome game, which then can be runned under Linux.. think about it, really, dev Team, we need some time for new Engines!! [big grin][wacky]

OSX has a decent audience I feel most management games branch to here. I think PC has a wide brand enough appeal it do well to expand platforms. Not to mention an eventual brick and mortar release.

I really had hoped that after the full release they might start on a Linux version. That's sad. So no Planet Coaster for me. That means I'll keep watching Youtube videos and they get the money while frontier doesn't xD

I really had hoped that after the full release they might start on a Linux version. That's sad. So no Planet Coaster for me. That means I'll keep watching Youtube videos and they get the money while frontier doesn't xD
I'm sure that if money were no object, they'd be on it in a flash. Unfortunately it wouldn't be a simple port, so I doubt they'd see much return on their investment. Your best bet I guess is to hold out hope that Wine will one day support DirectX 11.

They and lots of game developers make games including this for Windows, as it is the widest adopted OS platform in the world. As for viruses, it may help to have 3rd party internet security software on your PC like AVG/Norton/etc. I have AVG Internet Security 2016 and it's pretty good. It uses heuristics tech and scanning techniques which can detect malicious programs and deal with such. I have Windows 10 the latest Windows from Microsoft. Bad people tend to target widely adopted systems like Windows as it's more feasible to do so that targeting smaller others as it may not be feasible enough to do so. I have noticed that genuine Xbox 360 and Xbox One consoles don't get viruses (or genuine reports or so minimal that it could be negligible) because of the hardware or software used, and that bad people will get the most impact by targeting larger platforms like Windows. Same goes for game developers. They go for Windows as it has the largest impact of consumers.

I'm sure that if money were no object, they'd be on it in a flash. Unfortunately it wouldn't be a simple port, so I doubt they'd see much return on their investment. Your best bet I guess is to hold out hope that Wine will one day support DirectX 11.
Yeah I know. If you don't directly develop with multi OS support in ind from the beginning it's getting harder in the end. That's why I never really had much hope for a Linux version.

Top Bottom