List of things that need adding urgently and should’ve already been in the game

Hi, please make significant changes to do with the f1 manager game as it was advertised as very in depth and realistic, this is not the case and very disappointing to me and many others who bought this game.

List of major/main things I’ve noticed from my large amount of playtime already:

- difficulty slider needed as I won both championships in season 2 and 3 by a long shot getting 1-2 in almost every race in season 3. It’s either a difficulty slider or simply just make the game difficult

-drivers should have their own opinions on teams like why can I sign hamilton to Williams in season 1

-cost of producing new parts needs to be higher and make more sense because why is a chassis cheaper than a front wing, make it make sense I beg

-sprint races need adding, makes no sense being a manager game and not having the actual season

- tyre degradation needs adding as tyres only drop off pace when they hit 30% making 2 stops almost pointless in a lot of cases

- gap between tyre performance needs to be made bigger as softs are basically useless in a lot of situations

-ai need to be smarter with strategies as they make very dumb choices which can cost them 20+ seconds over a race this is also in relation to tyre deg and performance

-Driver ratings need rebalancing, why is piastri faster than 85+ rated drivers after during season 1

-Facilities should cost more to upgrade as you can almost max out development facilities after season 1 as a low budget team

-Practice needs to be more significant as you can just skip practice completely and let the ai do it, and still coke out with as good setups , should be a punishment in terms of driver feedback/ development for letting us do it or something because it’s useless.

-quali needs more importance as I found I had worse results when I was in control of the quali sessions which also makes them pointless

-conserving and burning fuel shouldn’t have as big of an effect as they do, because you can just overfuel on a lot of tracks and push all the way to the end, gaining lots of time, end up buying 1 extra engine over the season which only sacrifices 1 race for many more positions

-engines need to cost more as they cost well over a million irl which makes charging 1 million for them extremely pointless, this is meant to be a management game, make money management an aspect as the cost cap means absolutely nothing in my experience.

-add an option to make contract negotiations strict as you can fail as many times as you like with no punishment/cool-down or just make them realistic

-overtaking needs fixing as some tracks which it’s typically easy, cars struggle and sometimes it’s too easy, possibly due to how broken drs is on some tracks

-drs trains form and stay for the entire race which is very stupid as I’ve had a drs train from p5-p16 which lasted over 20 laps

-ai behaviour when just outside of drs range needs changing as they don’t seem to push at all to try get within it

-potentially add option to produce you’re own engine/ add engine development factors to managing an engine manufacturer

-engine performance stats should be changing from season to season, it doesn’t which is stupid, as you just pick the best engine and stick with it

-buying engine contracts is a little too cheap as 15 million for all the engine and gearbox, ers parts etc from the best team is extremely cheap,

-inter tyres need a buff as they seem very slow on most tracks even when in intermediate weather, making wets the best tyre

-wet/ inter tyres can sometimes be very fast in the dry and sometimes even faster than dry tyres for a lap or 2 which makes no sense

- driver stats need to mean more, as the only stats that really matter are pace and tyre management, even still each point in each stat should make a bigger difference than currently as you can have 72 rated drivers consistently outperforming 85+ rated drivers with little mistakes as the consistency points don’t mean enough and would become more important if cost of new parts was higher etc

-with all the other parts etc coming up to around irl production costs, the maintenance of some facilities should come down slightly on higher developed facilities and up on lower end facilities but not dramatically but it makes no sense that a level 1 wind tunnel cost I think it’s under half the running cost as a level 4 one

-driver behaviour when running wide/ locking up needs to be made more realistic as they can lose anywhere from 2-30 seconds just because a lot of the time they like to just stop on track for no reason. On top of this, sometimes they randomly re enter seemingly intentionally into another drivers path to take them out which shouldn’t happen.

-maybe add driver traits such as new drivers are more prone to being either overly shy or aggressive etc

-driver behaviour when overtaking/ defending is random and very unpredictable as they randomly back out from moves mid corner by coming to a complete stop, sometimes doing it on the straight, losing up to 10 seconds on occasion

-starting car performance data needs updating as it’s unrealistic with Alfa romeo being overpowered when compared to haas etc

-more depth needed in almost every area, I would like a detailed report on driver performance, car performance at each track etc/ expected performance such ass excellent, great, good, bad etc just depending on how it suits your car not just a pure guessing game just add depth and data where possible would be nice to help develop the car in the right direction etc

-driver performance should drop off when nearing natural retirement (I’ve not seen this, idk if it’s in the game)

-car developments shouldn’t be exactly what they are expected to be such as in real life sometimes upgrades work better than expected or worse than expected and sometimes they don’t work at all, this should definitely be dependent upto a certain point on how many hours you put into a part.

-drivers should have a preference to a cars balance such as a pointy front end or a planter rear, which can’t just be completely changed by setup but is part of how you develop the car, this should be seen in the development of a new part how it will affect this balance, same with just on the car screen itself, the car should also have a driveability aspect to it which needs to be looked at and managed as if a car has only had front end development it may make the car driveability low with a driver that preferred a rear aero dominant car.

Almost every aspect of this game needs improving, I’m an 18 year old slightly more than casual f1 fan who also plays the f1 games, has been waiting for a proper manager game on f1 for a long while and I’ve just sat here and wrote this entire thing off the top of my head with almost non stop typing and there is probably more things I can think of, very disappointed with the lack of detail, realism and effort put into this game. I would’ve paid a full £60 for this game if it was made properly but instead this game has simply turned out to be a graphically better version of motorsport manager, and that can be harder than this game when the difficulty slider is turned up, honestly the player count on this game will drop until the game is either cheaper or better as many people I know refuse to buy the game because of how bad everyone is saying it is and will wait till it’s at least down to £20 unless the game is improved so i hope you develop this game in the right direction and the way it was advertised (detailed and realistic) as I feel very mislead. I hope actually read, take this in and respond if not I’ve just wasted my time trying to help you improve your game. Sorry if any of this comes across rude but I’m not exactly happy with how this game turned out

I almost totally agree with you except for a few things.

On the issue of money and costs it is normal that affordable prices are set, otherwise teams like alfa romeo or williams would never be able to prosper. It would be tinkering but studying that it is possible to achieve it.

And I refer to the great game of manager of 20 years ago gran prix world of microprose, that to achieve things with tyrell or minardi in the game was very complex and titanic, although it was achieved.

Now I add more things that are from that great game 20 years ago that are not there.

We forgot about tyres because before there were Bridgestone and Goodyear and now it's only pirelli, but about the rest it would be feasible and necessary.

I'm talking about having the possibility of having different types of commercial contracts with engine suppliers, even adding fuel suppliers as well.

I mean like in the game of 20 years ago grand prix world in which you have to negotiate and you can have customer mode contracts, partner or direct collaborator in which they give you the advantages of improving the attributes of the engine or fuel statistics, being the customer mode impossible to improve anything and depend on the supplier to release an improved version of the same. With the partner mode you can only touch attributes of the existing ones and modify, not add improvements, and the direct collaborator mode would be where you could improve the engine in your own way.

Then teams with their own engines would directly have the engine to improve without limitations.

And depending on the mode, the customer mode would be paying for the engine, the partner mode without paying and the direct collaborator mode, the supplier would pay the team to have the engine.

Just like Grand Prix World.

Then have the option to negotiate a team sponsor that would be the one that gives the most money to the team, as well as having the secondary sponsors that give less money than the team sponsor.

And for this negotiate through hospitality, invite VIPs, also have the merchandising section where we can sell t-shirts, caps, etc. of the team.

Then also have an option to ask for money to the shareholders meeting and have them make a capital increase with the risk of being kicked out.

Then, depending on the main sponsor of the team, the car may be obligatory to change colour, even having the freedom to customise the car with the colours or designs you want if the team sponsor does not oblige you to change the colour.

TAKE FROM GRAN PRIX WORLD PLEASE.

I almost totally agree with you except for a few things.

On the issue of money and costs it is normal that affordable prices are set, otherwise teams like alfa romeo or williams would never be able to prosper. It would be tinkering but studying that it is possible to achieve it.

And I refer to the great game of manager of 20 years ago gran prix world of microprose, that to achieve things with tyrell or minardi in the game was very complex and titanic, although it was achieved.

Now I add more things that are from that great game 20 years ago that are not there.

We forgot about tyres because before there were Bridgestone and Goodyear and now it's only pirelli, but about the rest it would be feasible and necessary.

I'm talking about having the possibility of having different types of commercial contracts with engine suppliers, even adding fuel suppliers as well.

I mean like in the game of 20 years ago grand prix world in which you have to negotiate and you can have customer mode contracts, partner or direct collaborator in which they give you the advantages of improving the attributes of the engine or fuel statistics, being the customer mode impossible to improve anything and depend on the supplier to release an improved version of the same. With the partner mode you can only touch attributes of the existing ones and modify, not add improvements, and the direct collaborator mode would be where you could improve the engine in your own way.

Then teams with their own engines would directly have the engine to improve without limitations.

And depending on the mode, the customer mode would be paying for the engine, the partner mode without paying and the direct collaborator mode, the supplier would pay the team to have the engine.

Just like Grand Prix World.

Then have the option to negotiate a team sponsor that would be the one that gives the most money to the team, as well as having the secondary sponsors that give less money than the team sponsor.

And for this negotiate through hospitality, invite VIPs, also have the merchandising section where we can sell t-shirts, caps, etc. of the team.

Then also have an option to ask for money to the shareholders meeting and have them make a capital increase with the risk of being kicked out.

Then, depending on the main sponsor of the team, the car may be obligatory to change colour, even having the freedom to customise the car with the colours or designs you want if the team sponsor does not oblige you to change the colour.

TAKE FROM GRAN PRIX WORLD PLEASE.
I understand you’re points however, there are some which I gave a way to balance a change within my explanation and would like to say everything to do with money wouldn’t be exact as it would need some balancing.

To do with the lower teams being very hard if the costs after a rise is costs for everything, I don’t think it would affect them as much as you think, because I have completed 1 and a half seasons as Williams on a new save and I am suddenly p5/p4 with maxed out cfd and wind tunnels in constructors and already have a win under my belt for the team. I simply would like the game to be harder as money is not an issue for absolutely any team, using a team with low budget should be a big challenge at the start, I chose haas the first time round as I was looking forward to struggle to keep them a competitive midfield car, not dominate every race by over a minute.

The development of engines should be available, as there should be a work around for this without making them struggle significantly. I would like to see new engine manufacturers but that is probably highly dependant on licensing issues. However, going back to the development of the engines, they surely should be able to be developed even if for a reduced cost to make it balanced but shouldn’t they also be inclined to make the best engine by getting the money other teams pay for engine contracts? If any of this is not possible please just add slight random development.

A new thing I noticed is lot of the facilities are actually almost pointless as they may only provide a tiny boost in something like attractiveness when I’ve found it doesn’t seem to matter as I honestly couldn’t tell you what it’s for, takes up large chunks of money.

Simply the game needs making more difficult

There’s so much more depth this game should have, so many more ideas that need implementing, I’m gonna leave this here as this should be plenty for the devs between the 2 of us, hopefully they do take it on board and implement it.

I understand you’re points however, there are some which I gave a way to balance a change within my explanation and would like to say everything to do with money wouldn’t be exact as it would need some balancing.

To do with the lower teams being very hard if the costs after a rise is costs for everything, I don’t think it would affect them as much as you think, because I have completed 1 and a half seasons as Williams on a new save and I am suddenly p5/p4 with maxed out cfd and wind tunnels in constructors and already have a win under my belt for the team. I simply would like the game to be harder as money is not an issue for absolutely any team, using a team with low budget should be a big challenge at the start, I chose haas the first time round as I was looking forward to struggle to keep them a competitive midfield car, not dominate every race by over a minute.

The development of engines should be available, as there should be a work around for this without making them struggle significantly. I would like to see new engine manufacturers but that is probably highly dependant on licensing issues. However, going back to the development of the engines, they surely should be able to be developed even if for a reduced cost to make it balanced but shouldn’t they also be inclined to make the best engine by getting the money other teams pay for engine contracts? If any of this is not possible please just add slight random development.

A new thing I noticed is lot of the facilities are actually almost pointless as they may only provide a tiny boost in something like attractiveness when I’ve found it doesn’t seem to matter as I honestly couldn’t tell you what it’s for, takes up large chunks of money.

Simply the game needs making more difficult

There’s so much more depth this game should have, so many more ideas that need implementing, I’m gonna leave this here as this should be plenty for the devs between the 2 of us, hopefully they do take it on board and implement it.
The attached file I’ve put down below on this reply is my race from France in 2023, clearly it’s way too easy as Williams shouldn’t be easily getting a 1-2

Attachments

• 4D18B8CC-73A5-4E85-AD6B-FE3F48D5D8AB.jpg
    4D18B8CC-73A5-4E85-AD6B-FE3F48D5D8AB.jpg
    83.4 KB · Views: 54
The attached file I’ve put down below on this reply is my race from France in 2023, clearly it’s way too easy as Williams shouldn’t be easily getting a 1-2
How on earth did you do it xD I'm with aston martin and there is no way to get Fernando Alonso into the top 10. Or is your game bugged because I don't understand how you make it so easy when I'm getting crushed from all sides. It's very difficult for me in normal conditions to be top 7.

I hope that both your requests and mine are taken into high consideration and make a hotfix or a mega patch that modifies many things further increasing the gameplay that is fine but it can be god if they do what we both ask.

How on earth did you do it xD I'm with aston martin and there is no way to get Fernando Alonso into the top 10. Or is your game bugged because I don't understand how you make it so easy when I'm getting crushed from all sides. It's very difficult for me in normal conditions to be top 7.

I hope that both your requests and mine are taken into high consideration and make a hotfix or a mega patch that modifies many things further increasing the gameplay that is fine but it can be god if they do what we both ask.
Honestly I’ve tried to slow myself down, I’ve had multiple 1-2’s and even more wins but consistent top 6’s and I’m fighting for 3rd in the constructors unfortunately

Top Bottom