List of things that need adding urgently in F1 Manager 2022

I almost totally agree with MatthewBaxtr's comment below except for a few things.

On the issue of money and costs it is normal that affordable prices are set, otherwise teams like alfa romeo or williams would never be able to prosper. It would be tinkering but studying that it is possible to achieve it.

And I refer to the great game of manager of 20 years ago gran prix world of microprose, that to achieve things with tyrell or minardi in the game was very complex and titanic, although it was achieved.

Now I add more things that are from that great game 20 years ago that are not there.

We forgot about tyres because before there were Bridgestone and Goodyear and now it's only pirelli, but about the rest it would be feasible and necessary.

I'm talking about having the possibility of having different types of commercial contracts with engine suppliers, even adding fuel suppliers as well.

I mean like in the game of 20 years ago grand prix world in which you have to negotiate and you can have customer mode contracts, partner or direct collaborator in which they give you the advantages of improving the attributes of the engine or fuel statistics, being the customer mode impossible to improve anything and depend on the supplier to release an improved version of the same. With the partner mode you can only touch attributes of the existing ones and modify, not add improvements, and the direct collaborator mode would be where you could improve the engine in your own way.

Then teams with their own engines would directly have the engine to improve without limitations.

And depending on the mode, the customer mode would be paying for the engine, the partner mode without paying and the direct collaborator mode, the supplier would pay the team to have the engine.

Just like Grand Prix World.

Then have the option to negotiate a team sponsor that would be the one that gives the most money to the team, as well as having the secondary sponsors that give less money than the team sponsor.

And for this negotiate through hospitality, invite VIPs, also have the merchandising section where we can sell t-shirts, caps, etc. of the team.

Then also have an option to ask for money to the shareholders meeting and have them make a capital increase with the risk of being kicked out.

Then, depending on the main sponsor of the team, the car may be obligatory to change colour, even having the freedom to customise the car with the colours or designs you want if the team sponsor does not oblige you to change the colour.

TAKE FROM GRAN PRIX WORLD PLEASE.

I would also add a MY TEAM mode to the game like codemasters F1 2022, where we can create our team as if they were new to the competition and be the team manager. This would be a new challenge that would be particularly nice. Even being able to create a driver with your face in the game.

Save car setup

For me this is very important improvement to make session practice less repetitive.

Setup of a car is a complex process but when you finish there's no way to save it. What happends if a pilot crashes and fail a practice session? Why I can't reuse this setup on the other car or in other circuit? I can't save it and copy when y where I want.

Some circuits have similar characterístics. Why can't copy the setup of a circuit to the start setup of other? I always have to setups cars from the scratch and manually copy (using screenshots) changes if I needed into the other car. It has no sense.

Motorsport Manager, didn't include this feature from the beginin, but after some updates was included and improve in a great matter the user experiencie. Allowing reuse setups to optimice practice sessions make the game less repetitive and more challenging.

Start always from the scratch afer some races it's anoying and exhausts me xD.

It's important aswell have an historic of setup changes during the weekend. With this hitoric we can know wich changes improve some feature and other. Now only have best and previous, if I have to do more thant two changes I'm loosing information.

Last edited:
Tires used and weather in practice sessions has race repercutions.

Tire knowledge add boost points in race for each compound.

Actually, in practique sessions you make the car setup. But in this process it doesn't matter if it's rain or not. If I do all the practice with only hard compound or try all types doesn't matter and doesn't affect to car performance. It has no sense.

In real F1 the knowledge of a especific tire compount it's very important. How many laps really last with our car? It's fit well with the setup or not? etc. This it's difficult to develop into the game but you can add a bonus to the driver when he have this compound fit into the car. This will make the use of tires, in practice session, relevant for the race.

Other element to add it the weather. If it's raining and my compound is not intermediate or rain knowledge of the cart does't have to improve. And in addition, if practice is over rain and race not, setup must be different. Has no sense that a setup for a wet circuit were valid where is dry.

In resume: To gain realism is important add to car performance the knowledge of each tire and have in mind that a wet setup is not good for a dry circuit.

This aswell was implemented in Motorsport Manager

Last edited:
Hiring a driver for next seassion without firing one of current drivers.

If we see how F1 works with contracts and driver team changes, rarely one driver change his team into a seasson in course. Normally is for next seasson and usually this contracts make into "silly seasson" in summer.

In F1 Manager if you want hiring a drivers you must fire one of your current drivers. Has no sense and is opposite how F1 works. Usually you will want to prepare the next seasson team whitout make changes in current one and save money.

Last edited:
I would also add a MY TEAM mode to the game like codemasters F1 2022, where we can create our team as if they were new to the competition and be the team manager. This would be a new challenge that would be particularly nice. Even being able to create a driver with your face in the game.
I think this better for F1 Manager 2023. I asked in Twitter weeks before launch without response. But implementing this it complex and i think it's not possible for this version.

Pit stop team: develop, training, and strategy.

In F1 pit stops are a crucial moment into a race. All must work perfectly to gain or lose miliseconds. In game, this race moment seems intrascendental. The whole pit works well and you doens't have referece if the pitstop time was good or bad.

Aswell there is no easy way to predict in witch position our driver will stay after a pit box, in order to tell him to improve car rithm before he enter to pits.

Further, there is no training for our boxes team to improve this times or make less mistakes (actually I have not seening none in game), and there is no investigation option to improve this protocol. Improve tools, best team coordination, etc.

What I propouse for this point?

1- Evaluate each mecanic of the team with some stats for pit box work like: reaction time, precission, speed, probability of make a mistake, mood, tire change accuracy, jack performance and energy (mechanics aswell need to rest).
This stats will impact into pitbox work. Aswell you can put any mechanic in the possition that you preffer to maximice performance and have reserve mechanics to rotate team (the energy of a mechanics depends the time that he have spend working on car in each session). Aswell a mechanic marcket will exists to scout, show stadistcs and hire new mechanics as you can do now with other team staff lifeciclye. The new mechanics can offer a initial boost for different car areas (if you hire a mechanic of the best team this can impact in car development) You can see similar features in Motorsoport Manager

2- Position prediction during the race. You shold can predict where your driver will exit if you do a pit stop in a concrete lap in way to tell him to improve his lap times in order to improve exit position.

3- Pitbox tools develop and pitbox team training. You shoul have to develop new tools/protocols in order to improve pitbox times, and ofcourse you should can spend money training pitbox team (each training cost mechanics energy)

4- All things avobe must impact in pitlane stop with better or worse times, mistakes that impact in time (bad pitstop, missin tire...) or directly in the car (for example tire not well fitted)

Pit stop team: develop, training, and strategy.

In F1 pit stops are a crucial moment into a race. All must work perfectly to gain or lose miliseconds. In game, this race moment seems intrascendental. The whole pit works well and you doens't have referece if the pitstop time was good or bad.

Aswell there is no easy way to predict in witch position our driver will stay after a pit box, in order to tell him to improve car rithm before he enter to pits.

Further, there is no training for our boxes team to improve this times or make less mistakes (actually I have not seening none in game), and there is no investigation option to improve this protocol. Improve tools, best team coordination, etc.

What I propouse for this point?

1- Evaluate each mecanic of the team with some stats for pit box work like: reaction time, precission, speed, probability of make a mistake, mood, tire change accuracy, jack performance and energy (mechanics aswell need to rest).
This stats will impact into pitbox work. Aswell you can put any mechanic in the possition that you preffer to maximice performance and have reserve mechanics to rotate team (the energy of a mechanics depends the time that he have spend working on car in each session). Aswell a mechanic marcket will exists to scout, show stadistcs and hire new mechanics as you can do now with other team staff lifeciclye. The new mechanics can offer a initial boost for different car areas (if you hire a mechanic of the best team this can impact in car development) You can see similar features in Motorsoport Manager

2- Position prediction during the race. You shold can predict where your driver will exit if you do a pit stop in a concrete lap in way to tell him to improve his lap times in order to improve exit position.

3- Pitbox tools develop and pitbox team training. You shoul have to develop new tools/protocols in order to improve pitbox times, and ofcourse you should can spend money training pitbox team (each training cost mechanics energy)

4- All things avobe must impact in pitlane stop with better or worse times, mistakes that impact in time (bad pitstop, missin tire...) or directly in the car (for example tire not well fitted)
The problem with these points is that you never get it, I mean even if you make it very aggressive or aggressive and hit x8 or x16 you see that not only does your character not cut the time, but the others come up to you and overtake you.

This is a major flaw because young characters with 60 level will beat an Alonso or Hamilton with 85-90 level.

I don't understand how some people complain that they always finish first and second when it's impossible for me to even finish in the top 10 in qualifying.

I'm with aston martin and Fernando Alonso and Zhou as racers. And no matter what, there is never any way and in the race I always lose time.

It's hopeless and also the tyres wear out more on me than on the AI. There are things that are not understood.

I think this better for F1 Manager 2023. I asked in Twitter weeks before launch without response. But implementing this it complex and i think it's not possible for this version.
This is quite possible to do and i know this because i am a programer and this is very easy to do and implement in game. It would be a mega patch of about 1 GB or a bit more and it is to put 2 more car models with colour automation etc. that could be implemented for all the teams as I said before and so customise the colour either by yourself or because a team sponsor demands it like BWT and their pink colour.

The problem with these points is that you never get it, I mean even if you make it very aggressive or aggressive and hit x8 or x16 you see that not only does your character not cut the time, but the others come up to you and overtake you.

This is a major flaw because young characters with 60 level will beat an Alonso or Hamilton with 85-90 level.

I don't understand how some people complain that they always finish first and second when it's impossible for me to even finish in the top 10 in qualifying.

I'm with aston martin and Fernando Alonso and Zhou as racers. And no matter what, there is never any way and in the race I always lose time.

It's hopeless and also the tyres wear out more on me than on the AI. There are things that are not understood.
Thanks for replying V3mG4DoR

I'm playing with Aston Martin aswell xD. The problem I think is the Aston Margin car design, starter car is too bad. I'm spending all time developing next year car to confirm this.

In Motorsport Manager have a similar system as I'm asking for and it works very well. Each pitstop is an adverture and I can conserve tires and push before pitstop, obviously I need a competent car. But the main point is exit with clean air for push firs exit lap.

Aswell I can hire better mechanics and switching the pitbox position to fit they where best. This add more realism and you can gain or lose senconds in a pit stop. For me it's a great feature.

I our case I think the problem is the Aston Martin car.

Last edited:
This is quite possible to do and i know this because i am a programer and this is very easy to do and implement in game. It would be a mega patch of about 1 GB or a bit more and it is to put 2 more car models with colour automation etc. that could be implemented for all the teams as I said before and so customise the colour either by yourself or because a team sponsor demands it like BWT and their pink colour.
Yes, it possible and I prefer now than then but I suppose that their efforts are now focused on patch current game and developing next ( I think they have licence until 2025).
If you have no problem I will post other ideas (drivers personallity, press declarations, sponsors) in this thread in the order to have all in the same place.

Note: I'm a developer too xD

Hey I was wondering if you can have a low graphics setting so people who do have a good graphics card can play the game.

Drivers relationships, mood, negotiations, etc.

Currently in game, drivers mood a relationships are too irrelevant. Only the relationship with his race engenier it seems a little revelant but I haven't seen any evidences of that.

The game should have drivers mood and realtionships similar to Football Manager where each person has his own personality, mood status and react in base this params. This is very important and may have a bigger repercution in game life.

What things should improve?:

0- Driver personallity
- Driver shoul have his own personallity. In this direcction they may react better o worse to some situations. May have more or less ambition, may be more or less competitive, may do better o worse teamwork,etc. They may want to get everytime better car updates fist, ask for the team to continue developing car or improve some aspect, be a better teammate or an individualist one.
Motorsport Manager introduced this, each driver react to his position in the team and the performance differences between cars.

1- Drivers relationships
- F1 is too egoncentric. Each driver wants to be number one and your first enemy is your teammate. The game must have in mind this relationship. Drivers mood could be beter or worse influenced by this relationship. In race may be more or less aggresive with teammate, may desobey team order (let him pass), etc. In real world we have seen so many situations where there's a teammate war and team must manage it to avoid problems. We saw some teammate crashes (Vettel-Mark Webber, Rosgerg-Hamilton, Verstapen-Ricciardo, Tsunda-Gasly, etc...). The game may include post-race brief with dialogs for speak with drivers in order to analyce de race an his performance. This brief can improve or decrement drivers relationships, mood, and performance. Also you may want speak with drivers during the week to try improving his mood, teammate relationship or know his desires.

2- Drivers team position
- It's not the same be the Car 1 driver, Car 2 driver o reserve driver. Drivers may react to his car performance, car updates. Suggest where we can improve the car, and react if we do or not.

3- Press declarations
- We can't controll drivers declarations. Each team driver can make declarations to press about team, his position or his thougts. We can speak with him to avoid bad words, or some declarations, then de driver can obey or not. His declarations affect to team image, teammate relationship or other drivers relationship. It's important avoid hire drivers with bad relationship, etc.
- Our press declarations aswell affect, not only to our drivers, but also other drivers. Make him more nearer to our team or not.

Last edited:
Hey I was wondering if you can have a low graphics setting so people who do have a good graphics card can play the game.
This is the same old panacea, the problem people have is that they want to play games from 2022 with graphics from 10 years ago or more. Or play the latest games in 2022 with a mid-range graphics card from 5 years ago.

If you are a PC gamer, you have to know that the components you are going to be changing every 5 years or so are your graphics card and your ram memory (put more ram).

If you don't have the money to buy one, get a game console like play or xbox and you will know that the game will run optimised for that particular closed hardware even though the graphics quality will never reach the levels of a more modern PC.

Once the person knows the advantages and disadvantages of playing on one platform or another, if this person decides to play on PC he/she has to be clear about what he/she wants to play on PC and if they are last generation games and the graphics are ultra and with a big resolution, then yes or yes he/she will have to buy high-end graphics that cost a lot of money. And if, on the other hand, resolution and graphics don't matter to you to have a graphics card that runs decently the games that are coming out, you will have to buy a medium-high or medium graphics card (it depends) that also cost what they cost.

Nowadays for performance/price, the best graphics card positioned is the AMD Radeon 6700XT for example the XFX SPEEDSTER SWFT309 AMD Radeon RX 6700XT CORE Gaming 12GB GDDR6 or the Sapphire NITRO+ AMD RADEON RX 6700 XT GAMING 12GB GDDR6 and it will last you 5 years without changing it.

Regards.

Car aspect design

Currently the car desing doesn't change. I was waiting ending a session to see if I can change colors and car aspect but I can't. It has no sense have the same car design forever or fixed to original ones.

The game must allow change aspect of your car between seassons, aswell it would be a good improvement make the same with pilot helmets and team kit wear.

In Motorsport Manager you can and extends the life of the game because every seasson you have a fresh brand new image.

Yes, it possible and I prefer now than then but I suppose that their efforts are now focused on patch current game and developing next ( I think they have licence until 2025).
If you have no problem I will post other ideas (drivers personallity, press declarations, sponsors) in this thread in the order to have all in the same place.

Note: I'm a developer too xD

I very much agree with your points, I think that some things, if the developers have a good plan, will be added in future versions, according to what was informed there will be a version for the year. Points like morale and treatment of drivers, PitStop team, sponsors, financial, are updates that I expect in new versions, as some need to be redone.
The My Team mode should come as DLC, as well as eventually F2 and F3.

But I think it's urgent the game needs to fix race situations, tire wear and fuel, it's a little irritating to make a strategy that has everything to work and not being able to pass the opponent and apparently everything goes wrong for no logical reason, I'm playing with Aston Martin, I managed to make a car that disputes points, but Gasly has a serious problem of spending a lot of fuel and not even in economy mode, there was a race that he abandoned due to lack of fuel and there is no way to correct it, there was a race that he spent 15 laps in economy mode and still can't do it.

Hiring a driver for next seassion without firing one of current drivers.

If we see how F1 works with contracts and driver team changes, rarely one driver change his team into a seasson in course. Normally is for next seasson and usually this contracts make into "silly seasson" in summer.

In F1 Manager if you want hiring a drivers you must fire one of your current drivers. Has no sense and is opposite how F1 works. Usually you will want to prepare the next seasson team whitout make changes in current one and save money.
This one is a must. I am literally allowing contracts to expire end of season, then can't get the driver I want as they turned to Not Interested.

I would like (if not need) a quick game mode where you can run any race weekend without impacting the main save game - maybe with the ability to choose grid positions or whatever and that would be great for some light relief. Delta times or mini-sector progress bars on qualifying laps would be good too - I guess there isn't much you can do about it but it's data that viewers at home can access so ought to be available on the pit wall.

Top Bottom