Litter

OK, so I am a proud space van driver, but I can't get fully immersed in my daily travels at the moment.

"Why," you ask, "can't you?"

Well, currently the ship dashboards are too clean. Clutter-free. Polished. No scratches.

I mean, have you ever seen the dashboard of your average UK tradesman's white Ford Transit Custom? It's filthy - covered in paper, plastic cups, discarded gum, dead spiders, the list is endless and definitely unhygenic.

So I propose we get the ability to customise our ship dashboards with a few items of junk so we can barely see out of the window. That would also provide an excuse for my bad piloting. "Sorry officer, I didn't see you behing that pile of paper cups."

It would be great - and probably a fairly nice little money-spinner - for Frontier to add dashboard ornaments to the store as optional 'upgrades' like they do with paint jobs. Obviously, you should be able to take them with you if you trade your ship in.

I'd happily pay a couple of quid for a wobbly hula dancer or some furry dice!

Perhaps, as a low-priority funtime update, the more 'offenses' you commit (docking violations, bounties etc.), then the more paperwork clutter appears on your dash, too!

In other news, a custom paintjob 'app' would be pretty awesome as well - imagine being able to import images to make 'vinyl vehicle wraps' (subject to verification to prevent abuse, naturally)!

Since you never see your ship from the outside while in flight except as a hologram you can't really appreciate your paint job. It might be nice if you could purchase a miniature replica of your own ship (cheaply) and place in the position of your holographic shield/hull indicator ship... it could be attached to a small articulating arm so it moves in the same way.

Since you never see your ship from the outside while in flight except as a hologram you can't really appreciate your paint job. It might be nice if you could purchase a miniature replica of your own ship (cheaply) and place in the position of your holographic shield/hull indicator ship... it could be attached to a small articulating arm so it moves in the same way.

^That's a nice idea ...

As for "general cab trash", old munce wrappers, empty soy-cola bottles and the like .. I think in zero G they'd float about, and could get pretty annoying? .. Obviously in the 31st Century we've all learned to tidy up after ourselves! As, when pulling ultra G (coming out of super-luminal supercruise) even a piece of chewing gum, as it "unglues" from the dash, becomes a speeding bullet! :D

Last edited:
^That's a nice idea ...

As for "general cab trash", old munce wrappers, empty soy-cola bottles and the like .. I think in zero G they'd float about, and could get pretty annoying? .. Obviously in the 31st Century we've all learned to tidy up after ourselves! As, when pulling ultra G (coming out of super-luminal supercruise) even a piece of chewing gum, as it "unglues" from the dash, becomes a speeding bullet! :D
That's right; it wouldn't be a good idea in zero g, although it could have some hilarious results if you had a Styrofoam cup flying all over the cabin and getting in your face while you were in the middle of a dogfight.

Top Bottom