Live Forum Q&A - Design!

First let me send my congratulations to Richard and his wife on the birth of their new baby. [up]

There has hardly been any mention about landscape environments and vegetation during the live streams and Q&A sessions, so could I ask the following questions please.

1... Will there be different background landscapes for designing parks in different regions of the World, such as Tropical, for making Island Parks, Desert, for Western/Middle Eastern Parks, Winter/Snow for Alpine styles, before the final release of the game.?

2.... There isn't a good choice of vegetation at the moment, so will there be more trees, shrubs and plants for alpha 2 or will these be added at a later stage?

3... Will there be a range of colours to change the terrain rock,when landscaping caves and rock formations, besides the default bare rock colour?

Last edited:
Along with the previous post by Coasterbuff, will there be a variety of skyboxes so that we could possibly create a Sci Fi park in space or other such theme for a park? Here is a sample of a space skybox (just as an illustration - imagine looking up and seeing this):

Hello, first congratulations to the child!

And then my question, which I have asked may times before:

Are you going to consider recolorable everything? Even more than 1 color section on one scenery object but instead 3-4 sections, when needed to maximize creativeness? This is even more important when there's nog UGC (that is, user created custom objects imported into game, 3d shapes, recolors)

Could you at least please consider this?

Also including foliage. The plants can have recolorable flowers.

This mean that for every object we can use that object hundreds of ways but all different! :)

i don't know if it is design related but my question is : what is your plans for the final release of lighting system, can we expect rgb colorwheel for projectors, visual effects like lasers, leds strips, neon ,stromboscope and so on, animated and moving projectors ?
a slider to adjust pojectors angle and light brightness ?
thanks to answer this !

Last edited:
Okay so I'm going to be that idiot that asks/suggests something that isn't completely related to design, I'd just like to ask whilst i have a chance, so I'm sorry about that. Just know i really love the game already & everything that's being shown off :)

So fences haven't really been touched upon much to my knowledge but i was just wondering if;

a) fences get put into the game? will they use the same modular building system or a different one that would make things easier to run fences down long & curvy paths/tracks? Maybe an option to toggle between normal modular building & a spline type system which wouldn't bend the actual fence but bend on a fence join/post so you wouldn't have to make a new building every time you wanted to go round a curved piece of path/track.

b) if these two types of fence would/could go into the game as they're used in basically every theme park in the world & have so many area's of use :))

A wall height black metal corrugated fence & 1/2 wall height wooden fence

1z16zc8.jpg

1) How many themes are planned for final release? (don't know if this has been mentioned)
2) Any plans for re-theming flatrides? Like changing cars and scenery.
3) Will we have snow? :)
4) What is planned for management gameplay? Will it be a lot like RTC or something totally new? A little preview/hint or at least som thoughts? ;)
5) How does the plan from Alpha 2 to final game look like? How does the rough plan look like?
6) The planned themes.. What were the discussion on which ones to include and how many you should have?
7) What are your favorite design so for?
8) Some sneak peaks have been seen from the fairy tale-theme.. How far have you come on that and the others?
9) What are the approach to kids in game? I'm thinking if little kids can't ride most coaster.. Will there be some playground or minigolf or mazes and stuff for them to do?
10) Is there anything design-related that you would like to do but can't?

Sorry for the many questions and the long post. :p More than happy if SOME of my questions gets answered. ^^

Last edited:
Hello after watching all 3 live streams im ridiculously excited for this update, you guys have done a fantastic job!! i mean its like my dreams are coming true! i remember thinking back during RCT2 what a game like this would be like in 10-20 years, its more than i could imagine then!!. anyway to the questions.

1. since you are doing animated coaster platforms for the stations, will we see guests loading in and buckling up in the future?

2. will we see safety employees in the future at the coaster stations checking restraints and the like?

3. this is about modular building, will we see the same rotation you gave to scenery items in building items as well? i know this might could play ❤︎❤︎❤︎❤︎ with the grid, is that why it wasnt added yet?

4. will we see no clip with guests with scenery? (forgot to ask this after live stream 1)

5. with coasters, will we be able to create our own inversions with alpha 2? or is that coming down the line? are vertical drops/hills in for the launch coasters (and others)? (i want to make Kingda Ka)

6. we saw the 4D coaster cars, but will we see a track design like this one?

[video=youtube;r6TaMZ9lTTc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r6TaMZ9lTTc[/video]

7. will we see a heartline roll coaster? i mean you have to right? after all the first one was opened in "Frontier Adventures" in six flags, its fate!

8. we will see different biomes in the game?

9. put put golf? (lol)

I know that was a lot of questions, answer what you can, and thanks in advance.

Thank you again for all your hard work, the details on the rides and coasters are just astounding! the weight the rides and coasters seem to have is so impressive, there seems to be gravity in a coaster game! no way! hahah....

Last edited:
Hi all,

Thanks Frontier for talking about water. As mentioned in other threads, we saw some footage of a first attempt at water.
I was wondering if you could give us some information regarding where you want to go with the water design and look?

Thanks

Hi Team, (Congrats on the new family addition Richard)

Awesome work...this game is really bringing back my love for the genre...back from when it all started with Theme Park World and the original RCT in 1999 (I think).

My question is.....

What is the biggest design challenge you've faced & over come....something you thought, how the heck can we do this!! But then have been amazed at the finished result.

Also a statement....

Can we see bins, benches, seating, digital screens sooooon please. Any concept design images you could show us of these?

Also an idea.....

As soon as you showed us natural paths, I really wanted to build a normal path then bolt onto the side of it a natural path, to allow guest to step off the "path" where we'd have benches placed, or an area kids would run around a play in - like a playground. Is this possible???

Thanks

When will you add all the currently unreleased scenery, that we can see in your videos, like the gold heaps in the pirate cave, the benches and trashcans, the skull walllamps, the globe pirate walllamps, the UFO-shaped double pathlights, the fir trees, the filled barrels etc.?

9t1frm.jpg

Will we get half grid sized walls or quarterly parts for more building varities?

@TOM Benches and bins are shown in any of the Dev Diary Videos

Last edited:
First of all, keep up the good work, can't wait to see what everyone will make with alpha 2 and Im excited for everything that is more to come to Planet Coaster.
Ive got a couple lot of questions, not all totally design related, but asking never hurt [happy]

1. How do you guys decided what kind of rides and coasters to make?
2. And how do you decide the level of details, where to stop and did you have to stopeach other sometimes getting to detailed? For rides as well park details.
3. Did designs change in any way after seeing images and videos of the parks some gamers made?

4. And I see a lot of questions and ideas for more realism in the park, for example in real life when a group of people go on a ride, maybe 1 doesn't go on the ride and has to wait. This would be realistic, but it can go to far. How do you decide what is needed for a realistic park and what would be to much (for what is possible, leveling game play, keep it fun, etc).
5. What are the plans for the game design of the final release. For example, what type of missions can we expect?

6. How do you decides what goes in alpha, beta and what to hold back for the final release, was this all planned or did you add or remove some things for alpha 2?
7. Since there are a lot of possibilities, rides and park types (water, with animals, etc), I can understand not everything will be available when released. But are there any plans for updates and downloadable content, free and/or paid? And how do you decide where to draw a line what is enough for an extension pack or what should be in the final release?

When will you add all the currently unreleased scenery, that we can see in your videos, like the gold heaps in the pirate cave, the benches and trashcans, the skull walllamps, the globe pirate walllamps, the UFO-shaped double pathlights, the fir trees, the filled barrels etc.?

http://i67.tinypic.com/9t1frm.jpg

Will we get half grid sized walls or quarterly parts for more building varities?

@TOM Benches and bins are shown in any of the Dev Diary Videos

Yeah good question ! I want to know this since the first day, what happrned to all these stuff ?

Is there any chance we might have a parksized grid in the future to build on for the people who have OCD like me?

Truly amazing work! Thank you Frontier!

Three questions from me!

1 - Will we be getting transfer tracks for the coasters and/or transport rides? Which will allow us to have dual loading stations like Air / Galactica at Alton Towers? With dual loading stations and transfer tracks we can have additional trains added to the coasters for busy times of the day in the simulation? By dual loading I mean parallel stations, not stations in series :)

2 - Will we have the option to snap track / paths etc to the build grids?

3 - When will we get a sneak peek at any concept art / ideas / anything for any potential waters rides? Log Flumes, River Rapids etc.... I notices the dive machine coaster has water scoops, do you have plans to have them interact with any water we put down?

Finally did you see my post on Freeform Fences?

https://forums.planetcoaster.com/showthread.php/5625-Freeform-Fences!

Thank you Frontier! [big grin]

Last edited:
I've already seen a couple of questions about recolouring things, and we saw this with the coaster tracks in last night's stream. I would like to know if we will ever be able to have a complete RGB colour selection rather than a selection of preset colours? Or if not, is there a reason for limiting the colour choice?

Hey guys,
First of all great work on the alpha 2 !
I also have some questions ( sorry if they already asked).

* When can we expect benches, trash bins and fenches ?

* will there be a cheatcode for water like you guys did on the coaster builder in alpha 1 ?

* Can we please have the "Thea cups" ride in alpha 2 or 3 (H) ??

Thats all, have fun on all the brain crackers [happy]

If I have a question for the Live Forum Q&A later today, should I ask it on this thread or will there be a thread opening up at the start time specifically for the Q&A?

Are there going to be carnival games like the long range basketball, water race games, or other games where the peeps win stuffed animals to carry with them?

Top Bottom