LODs out of order [LODOrderBad]

I got the errormessage

LODs out of order [LODOrderBad]

"LODs out of order : {'SecondLOD': '1', 'FirstLOD': '0'}"

when I try to upload my model.

The structure I have is exactly that of the sample mermaid which works fine.

I just replaced the mermaid with a box

What could be wrong here?

1661025239549.png

I'm not an expert by any means, and I use Blender 2.79, but one thing I notice is that the naming seems off.

On your screenshot above Mermaid_L0 says 'Cube.001" while the other LOD's say "Untitled" followed by the copy number. If you look at the original version of the Mermaid you'll see that they are ALL showing "Untitled" followed by the copy number (other than the first copy)...

Strictly a guess, but perhaps that's where the error is coming from? Maybe that 'Cube.001" is causing the error since the editor then expects to see "Cube.002" next and instead sees a different name?

I checked a bunch of objectss I've made and on all of them the names remain the same. Again, I'm not an expert on Blender by any means, but that's something I noticed...

The Mesh names ("Cube", "Untitled") should not matter to TMTK as opposed to the object names. However, Wagi's observation makes me suspect that you ONLY replaced LOD 0 with a cube and left the rest as-is. As the cube will have less Triangles than the mermaid, this yields the LOD out-of-order-error. Let T(LX) be the triangle count of LOD X, then your .fbx file must fulfill T(L0) >= T(L1) >= T(L2) >= T(L3) >= T(L4) >= T(L5). So the least you'd need to do is delete the remaining LODs from the example and replace them with aptly named copies of your cube.

Relevant section from the guide: https://thememakers-toolkit.planetcoaster.com/user-guide/modelling ("LEVELS OF DETAIL" section)

Hint: When you use ALT+D to copy your cube object instead of SHIFT+D, your copies will reference the L0 mesh data. This way changes you make to the L0 mesh will propagate to the LODs, which is desirable for testing and/or very simple models where the LODs are just straight copies.

And by the way: The "Help & Guides" subforum is better suited for such technical TMTK questions: https://forums.frontier.co.uk/forums/thememakers-toolkit-guides-help/

Last edited:
Top Bottom