Logic Implementation Idea

This is an idea I came up with that I think would be neat if implemented into Planet Coaster. People who want Dark Rides, for example, could take advantage of this. The key premise is you'd have controller objects that allows you to add procedural events to the object that are triggered by an activator object of some kind (in this example the Activator Track piece). Each object in the game has an ID and Group that it can be referenced by in the controller, as well as expose custom actions specific to that object (such as dimming lights, playing a sound file, etc...). This can also expand to community mods in the future.

EacbfAC.png

eLOChgs.png

Wow, that a really cool suggestion i would rally like to see this in the game. I have some ideas for terror rides and so [big grin]. Also add doors and animatronics!

I like this idea for darkrides. I would love a simple but indept system for objects to controll one another. I personally had an idea involving anamatronic characters being able to "interact" with certain objects. This could tie into your idea quite nicely. When interacting, an animatronic would play a sound effect and animation, while looking at a nearby object within sightlines. This would than also send a message to that target object to also play a sound and animation.

Imagine for example a cowboy anamatronic that can "shoot" certain objects or a wizard anamatronic that can "enchant" objects. These anamatronics would have special anamations for their shoot or enchant action. In adition to their own animation, they will also controll their target. Many objects would have "shot" and "enchanted" animations with accompany sounds. Lights for example would suddenly go out for several seconds while making a breaking glass sound when "shot". When enchanted, they might change color. Other examples of interactable objects could be underwater fountains or perhaps a table or barrel with some tableware or bottles ontop of it. An underwater fountain system could generate a spash when shot or activate a fountain display when enchanted. A table with an object on it could, using clever animatronics, make an object ontop flip over when shot or levetate when enchanted.

Other examples of interaction commands could be "haunt" similar to enchant but more spooky, "make dance" which makes objects move in the beat of a specific song (this action would be available to speakers, and can target nearby objects) and "look at".

"Look at" would not necesarilly control the target object, but it would be usefull for both animatronics and omnimovers.

Yes, that would be very cool to see in the game.
This feature would make the game feel more lively and make your rides feel so much more unique and stunning to look at..

+1 [up]

Made some thinking on this and it could also be made by a "timeline" (like on the ones to make movies, and of course RCT3 fireworks) but not measured in time but distance instead because time vary sometimes coaster go fast sometimes it go slow... So distance.. So at a certain distance you put object activated and for how long.

And if you scrub the timeline the coaster car should move according to the timeline so you can see exact where you want it to get activated. Better than selecting one whole track piece as activator.

It is simpler.

Last edited:
Made some thinking on this and it could also be made by a "timeline" (like on the ones to make movies, and of course RCT3 fireworks) but not measured in time but distance instead because time vary sometimes coaster go fast sometimes it go slow... So distance.. So at a certain distance you put object activated and for how long.

And if you scrub the timeline the coaster car should move according to the timeline so you can see exact where you want it to get activated. Better than selecting one whole track piece as activator.

It is simpler.

I see what you're saying. That's a pretty good idea, though effectively it achieves the same thing (you scrub to a place where the coaster will be and "activate" it similar to you select that track piece and "activate" it). I still hold the opinion that the controller object and the rest of the stuff I outlined should retain, simply because I want the logic to be independent of the ride. Something that would be cool that could come out of this is (maybe with the combination of extending the game via scripting for hard core players) pre-ride shows. Imagine like as you go through the queue, there can be a pre-show sound/light effect/movie. This is getting a bit out of scope for what I believe PC is catering to, but I would love to be able to script for this game. Asset Imports only go so much with extending the game.

Top Bottom