Looking for a way to adjust default headset position.

I find myself having to crane my neck to look at side panels in the game, which becomes quite uncomfortable after playing for any extended period. If I hold my headset an inch or two in front of my neck and "reset seated position" the view ends up much more comfortable.

If there's anyone that has had similar issues that has found a solution that is less kludgy, please share

There's actually a "reset HMD position" bind in the game, you can set it to a key.

That still requires me to move the headset in front of my neck to get the position I would like.

I'm after a way to move the reference point the headset returns to when you reset the position.

Can you point out which drop-down menu this got moved to? I jumped back in and I cannot find it.

Graphics? Head-look? Miscellaneous?

In Odyssey it's under Ship controls>Miscellaneous, just below the power management bindings.
That still requires me to move the headset in front of my neck to get the position I would like.

I'm after a way to move the reference point the headset returns to when you reset the position.
I don't think there's any ingame settings to adjust the position and neither have I found any in HMD.
Though you might want to try OVR Advanced Settings, it's free on steam and has a plethora of adjustments and stuff to tinker on your vr playspace.
This is assuming you use steamVR and Steam. Not sure if there's anything similar available for Oculus.

Thanks!

It was still bound to the old key, and it's only working when I'm on foot. Pressing it while I'm piloting a ship does nothing. And it's probably not worth a bug report these days, is it?

Top Bottom