lore missions, where do i find them?

There are a bunch of locations that, from what i can tell are aren't available to find in game, like Jameson's Crash site. What I mean by this, to find this location, I have to visit a youtube channel, which completely breaks immersion.

What would be much better, is if there were NPC's I could visit, scattered around the galaxy, (quests to find NPC's perhaps) which I find and they have missions to give me, such as find the afore mentioned crash site.

I don't know if there is a quest to find Jameson's crash site or any of the others, if there is, then how this is structured is crap. I've spent a good 500 hours of playing the game and still have no idea how to find quests like this, that aren't generic RNG crap.

Please add quests to the game, so that we can find these locations and Lore in a more structured way, rather than complete random luck or having to search wiki's youtube or the like.

At the moment, the only quests available are all just generic random crap, this game has been in development for over 5 years and it feels like it's missing basics of a stuctured quest system.

Last edited:
There is a huge amount of Lore apparently, I have yet to find it....

Randomly searching through thousands of stars in the galaxy is just such a really really bad system.

We used to have those kind of CGs to take treasure quests of sorts (going back a good few years), where there were cryptic clues left for a breadcrumb trail, to chase some data points all over the place.

They did end up online a lot of the time as they were perhaps a bit too cryptic, but nonetheless were a pretty good little deviation from the norm as a type of 'quest,' so to speak.

Anyway, I don't know how labor intensive they were to create, but they were good fun and of interest too. They went the same way as CGs though, which to my mind is a shame, even if I didn't do the CG each week. They were a good variation on the fact that the game indeed is a sandbox, and although a lot of 'moaning' occurred often, they were a good thing in my humble opinion.

Hopefully they will return, but the mysterious quests were a nice type of temporary quest too - I hope FD bring these kinds of things back in some form. The majority of my in-game friends were made by taking part in these too, and frankly I doubt I would still play were it not for said mates, and that our PMF grew from this kind of co-op gaming.

Anyway, apologies for getting a little OT with this post, but I thought I'd share, at least so the OP knew these kinds of things did exist in the past.

Cheers,
The Hat :)

Quite a few of the sites can be found by first finding a comms beacon in-game (requires keeping your eyes open as you visit lots of systems) and then following the trail of clues that leads you to. That's how they were mostly found in-game to start with ... but of course what's a dead certainty to be found within a week by thousands of players flying around is a needle in a haystack for a single player looking for it later. Still, there's lots of needles so you should find one of them with patience.

The Codex should have allowed in-game discoveries like that to be communicated in-game to other players, but because it only picks up the first instance of a discovery, and because a lot of the interesting human-made bubble sites don't count as Codex Discoveries, it doesn't work very well in practice.

Top Bottom