[Lore] Please explain why rebuy price goes up for more experienced NPC?

Sorry, I'm still annoyed a couple people actually asked for the NPC rebuy price to be increased, which hopefully was intended to be humorous, but FD took it too damn serious... because to nonsense they listen... sigh

NPC rebuy is a drop in the ocean of all the money we make since Frontier decided to put the community in charge of the game's design.
If it is to be noticeable, the current cost needs one or two zeros added at the end.

The rebuy mechanics for your ship/modures is 5% of the original price you paid... now they created a different concept for the NPCs which made the top tier ones much more expensive.

So, for instance... The rebuy of my Federal Gunship is 8Mi... now it is 10Mi beacause of the Elite NPC

Although, I personally don't find it unreasonable... rebuy price increase for NPC was completelly unecessary and uncalled for.

The rebuy mechanics for your ship/modures is 5% of the original price you paid... now they created a different concept for the NPCs which made the top tier ones much more expensive.

So, for instance... The rebuy of my Federal Gunship is 8Mi... now it is 10Mi beacause of the Elite NPC

Although, I personally don't find it unreasonable... rebuy price increase for NPC was completelly unecessary and uncalled for.

The rebuy cost for our ships should also go up with insurance claims, on top of a general tenfold increase.

yes, it is rare to see as a pilot we have hired to protect us, he suddenly becomes our boss and we must "protect" him because if they will go with another commander, and possibly was thet he who did not do well his work, for example while I drive an SLF and he drives my ship.
I thought those NPC were "out of work" waiting at a station and that my ship's insurance covered all the components of it, like escape pods,
but it is more realistic to pay for your insurance, pay for your SLF (it doesn't even have its own), and pay the npc apart so he can continue working with you and you can continue paying him.
He/she is like a kind of God (with no fixed job) who never makes mistakes, you have to protect them when you thought you hired them to protect you.

NPC rebuy is a drop in the ocean of all the money we make since Frontier decided to put the community in charge of the game's design.
If it is to be noticeable, the current cost needs one or two zeros added at the end.
Oh geez... another "let's have more grind" nonsense... don't drag the rest of us into your reality distortion field.

Oh geez... another "let's have more grind" nonsense... don't drag the rest of us into your reality distortion field.
As far as I know we all share the same game, so it's inevitable that any change I would like made to the game would impact your gameplay. The changes you wanted certainly impacted mine.

Craith

Volunteer Moderator
I have lost 2 Elite Pilots in my carrier (note: loitering is a crime punishable by death - not yours, but your NPC it seems)

Glad we have a chance to recover them, although I'd prefer something more akin to a mission to recover their escape pod in the system you lost them, time limit maybe a week? Just paying seems like a lost chance for more gameplay.

I am astonished that someone could even ask this question. It makes as much sense to me as asking why better pilots cost more to hire in the first place, or why better pilots take a bigger cut.
Well it is obviously a gaming mechanism, but not really common sense considering that rescuing a doctor from a shipwreck pretty much costs as much as rescuing a janitor from the same predicament.

It'd just harm the starting commanders and PvP community.

Even beginners make a hundred times the money we made when Frontier first came up with the prices for ships and modules (and the 5% rebuy figure). This would simply bring the impact of rebuys for them back to normal.
As for the PvP community, of all the people playing this game, they are the most knowledgeable and therefore the most able to exploit its broken progression system to make their rebuys currently a non-factor in their gameplay. Surely if we consider that having to take your rebuy cost into account and therefore not mindlessly throw away your ship make for good gameplay (or else rebuys as a mechanic wouldn't have been added to begin with), then the PVP community would be the one to benefit the most, since they currently can mindlessly throw their ships away because rebuys aren't a factor for them. Being made to mpeaningfully interract with the progression system isn't a bad thing, it's an integral part of the game.

The whole point of this discussion was that NPCs had a suggested rescue/rebuy price, which was incremental according to their rank... and people just went nuts because it was a reasonable value and demanded "more grind"

Nobody in their own sane mind and full functioning faculties would ask for things to be harder on a game which has already lots of pure grindy mechanics.

Well it is obviously a gaming mechanism, but not really common sense considering that rescuing a doctor from a shipwreck pretty much costs as much as rescuing a janitor from the same predicament.
Not really, as I pointed out above, the Doctor wants champagne on his trip to the hospital. He gets better treatment which costs more. It doesn't get more realistic than that.

Top Bottom