Loren's Reapers in Colonia: The Story So Far

My point is that I can’t be the only bounty hunter oblivious to these politics. Many players don’t read the forums. Even for those who do, a lot of info is lost in the flood of daily posts. So is it possible that SEPP isn’t as much of a thorn that you think they are? The real threat is just randos like me casually working against NPC pirates?

And therefore, is it also possible that SEPP isn’t “hiding in a PG” as someone else mentioned... you’re just not seeing your true enemies?
Valid points of course. But there is a long tradition of shaking fists against players hiding in PG (or murderhobos, from the other side) in this forum :ROFLMAO:
From the PC side of this, I guess we have a lot covered. But if you're hiding on xbox... (I joke of course!)

What I want to say is: with modes and platforms everything is possible.
And now that you know The Nameless and Loren's Reapers are a cool bunch, perhaps you can find other targets for your pew?
And if you switch to PC, you know where to find us. All the pew you want and lots of other fun stuff too (y)

don't listen to them, these anarchists are terrible people, they fly round Colonia having fun and making friends and carrying out their business openly. Don't they know the secret to success in Colonia is hiding in the shadows away from prying eyes running their BGS? The fact they bought previously unavailable crafts and a system where crime is free and available is irrelevant, do not trust these guys. I repeat do not trust these guys. you may just end up liking them, damn.

Is there a page with a full write up on the reason why Loren's Reapers are so interested in encouraging Anarchy systems? I'm quite removed from Colonia politics and seeing an offshoot of Lorens Legion want this confuses me somewhat.
One can also view this, in a bigger picture, as a dispute over the nature of decentralised governments. Colonia's "preferred" government type - as descended from Jaques' initial founding of the region - is the Social Cooperative: a decentralised communitarian governance, similar to Communism but without the centralised hierarchies. The Anarchy government type is the other standard decentralised type. Colonia also has representation of two other rarer decentralised government types not well recognised by Universal Cartographics - the Corporate Cooperative, and the Authoritarian Cooperative.

By chance of geography, three of those four types are represented in the Carcosa system:
  • The Nameless are an Anarchy
  • Explorers' Nation are a Social Cooperative (as are Edge Fraternity, who haven't yet had a mention in this thread, but have a presence in the system)
  • Earth Expeditionary Fleet are a Corporate Cooperative (possibly the only one in existence)

The Winged Hussars Colonia Initiative - possibly the only Authoritarian Cooperative - are not in Carcosa and unlikely to end up there in the foreseeable future, as they're over on the other side of the upper region.

While Colonia's governance is always likely to be decentralised in nature - as opposed to the corporate-democracy tension of the Federation, or the corporate-patronage arrangements of the Empire, or the more mixed but largely centralist factions of the Alliance - there is room for variety in the precise nature of that decentralisation. Whether that room for variety includes space for Anarchy-class organisations to run system security (in their own "relaxed" way) or station services ... remains an open question.

Orthogonal to that, you also have the long-running dispute between the strands of thought very loosely summarised as "Colonia as utopia for explorers" and "Other people also have FSDs" on which Explorers' Nation and Loren's Reapers take different positions (though neither is at an extreme).

(Despite what I do in Colonia, I'm also somewhat removed from the actual politics - I just record the effects, one way or another)

Not a page so much as a whole novel of them. Phisto is too modest to mention this, but we are dedicated lore junkies and were inspired by Drew Wagar's Premonition. We are in Colonia because we have reason to be confident that his deceased protagonist Kahina Loren would have journied there had she lived.

We chose The Nameless because it seemed like the most enigmatic and interesting faction in Colonia. This, coupled with the Lovecraftian qualities of Carcosa and the coolness of its asteroid base, sealed the deal for us.
The obvious conclusion from this, of course, is that Salomé was the Nameless' original mystery backer. Their early actions fitted pretty well with her style, or at the very least what someone suddenly absent of direction might think she would have wanted, and, well, having being dead for two months when they revealed themselves was a pretty good alibi to stop us asking too many questions in that direction.

It would cost me 1.3 billion to tranfer my iCutter to Colonia, any group that can get a shipyard in Colonia to sell Imperial Cutters would be the best group in my eyes :p
This is probably not possible. Selling superpower-restricted ships requires either a superpower owner of the station (to sell them conventionally) and there aren't any for over 21,000 LY ... or an Anarchy owner (and we won't ask where they get them from?). There are only two high-end shipyards in Colonia which are possible for an Anarchy faction to take control of - the Nameless already have one, and no Anarchy faction is in a practical position to take control of the other (with no guarantee that it would produce those ships if it did).

This is a genuine question for Loren’s Reapers and please, please pardon my ignorance because I don’t generally follow this stuff. I truly mean no offense.

Is it possible that the SEPP is not the driving force behind your troubles?

The reason I say this is because I’m a pretty “regular” player. I’m neither casual nor hardcore and I think I’m broadly aware of in-game events. I have played for a bit longer than a year.

But before this thread I had never heard of Loren’s Legion/Reapers or the SEPP. I didn’t know that the Nameless was player-owned. I knew Explorer’s Nation existed but had no affiliation with them, never saw one, and couldn’t even be sure if they were still active.

But I did spend the last few months in Colonia, in Open Play, and spent a LOT of that time killing Nameless NPC’s and doing missions for opposing factions.

Why? Because the Nameless were one of the only baddies around and I wanted some pew pew. They also have an installation in Carcosa that is fun to raid.

I did this constantly, and the whole time I was never attacked by a player in Carcosa. Heck, I barely even saw any players there.

I also play on Xbox, so wouldn’t have seen any Reapers anyway.

My point is that I can’t be the only bounty hunter oblivious to these politics. Many players don’t read the forums. Even for those who do, a lot of info is lost in the flood of daily posts. So is it possible that SEPP isn’t as much of a thorn that you think they are? The real threat is just randos like me casually working against NPC pirates?

And therefore, is it also possible that SEPP isn’t “hiding in a PG” as someone else mentioned... you’re just not seeing your true enemies?

THE MAGIC POST! PRAISE BE!

Good post and great questions. I've been supporting Anarchies under player opposition for a while now so hopefully I can do you justice.

First thing is the Reapers didn't arrive in Colonia until March. The Nameless had various groups and Commanders supporting them before (you can easily Google this) but I dare say none of them have taken it on quite like we have.

Random traffic anywhere, especially Anarchies like Carcosa, is always a concern for folks looking to work the BGS. After we took control of Carcosa in April we watched things very closely and random traffic never seemed to make too much of an impact. You'd see numbers come and go and things just kinda always went our way more or less. I know that isn't an answer with a lot of specifics but BGS is very much a dark art. Reading the terrain and learning the area you're working in is quite important. You can just kinda feel it out, for lack of a better way to say it.

Anyway, as far as SEPP/EN is concerned after DW2 ended we saw a dramatic uptick in opposition. We've seen their pilots in Carcosa. They have some on our bounty boards right now. They've also got the motive. But most importantly the classic truism of human conflict remains.

People talk. :)

Is there a page with a full write up on the reason why Loren's Reapers are so interested in encouraging Anarchy systems? I'm quite removed from Colonia politics and seeing an offshoot of Lorens Legion want this confuses me somewhat.
It's all very long and complicated, but I'll try and explain from what I can pick up: because freedom.
Our squadron bio in game is pretty succinct. I'll try to expand on it here.

Basically we want to see Colonia built up as a refuge for whatever the future brings. Beyond that we believe Anarchies are one of the best ways Commanders can stand up and say we will make it on our own. The outlaws, rebels, and vagabonds among the galactic community deserve a place to call home in Colonia... or no one does.

As far as the politics of Colonia goes many have welcomed us with open arms. Unfortunately, there are a few reactionary elements that simply want things they way they've always been: their way.

As an aside, the opening of the Shipyard with its Federal and Alliance ships was a huge surprise to everyone. Naturally we felt a sense of responsibility for it and so seek to keep it open for the good of everyone, whatever our ideological differences might be.

So with Anarchist Factions in Elite Might makes right, the freedom to oppress others, Gangs, Pirates and Slavers, and unwilling compliance of the weak to the will of the strong
Vs
Independent Co-operatives which are are voluntary association for mutual Benefit

I suppose that does fit the Loren Family's MO and Kahina's overall legacy ;-)

So with Anarchist Factions in Elite Might makes right, the freedom to oppress others, Gangs, Pirates and Slavers, and unwilling compliance of the weak to the will of the strong
Vs
Independent Co-operatives which are are voluntary association for mutual Benefit

I suppose that does fit the Loren Family's MO and Kahina's overall legacy ;-)

Impressive bit of Orwellian spin there, my friend.

Just from the in game text concerning the various faction types and quotes from the Faction Mission NPCs

I'm not really for spreading anarchy in-game, for what it's worth, but if that's what it takes to get some decent RP going I'll do it. It was fun and exciting, and I'd totally do it again if I had the opportunity and a similar crowd to hang with.
Also, I'm not actually harming anyone anyway. Is video game, ya? I can let go of all the high-ideals stuff for a bit.

I know, just teasing. :)

The Nameless are a nice Anarchy. We sell ships! And guns! And armor!

You trickster devil! You may pull the wool over his eyes, but I know full well you don't sell armour for the Federal Corvette at your blasted rock!

I'm not really for spreading anarchy in-game, for what it's worth, but if that's what it takes to get some decent RP going I'll do it. It was fun and exciting, and I'd totally do it again if I had the opportunity and a similar crowd to hang with.
Also, I'm not actually harming anyone anyway. Is video game, ya? I can let go of all the high-ideals stuff for a bit.

You trickster devil! You may pull the wool over his eyes, but I know full well you don't sell armour for the Federal Corvette at your blasted rock!
We ordered it loooong time ago, but you know how it is with Feds...

Yeah it is a video game, and the high ideals are prodding the legacy of the Loren Lineage in game

Top Bottom