Newcomer / Intro LTD Mining

please explaijn this. How do I know I need a new collector. I just keep the button pressed!
dont keep pressing any buttons except for your lasers each collector limpet has an expirey time and that depends on the module size and grade as i dont know your modules its hard to say more on that but you can see it on coriolis E rated last 5 mins D 10 mins and A 12 mins

theres a limit as well on how many can work at the same time again depending the module dont start another one till its needed when it says your cargo hold is full the refinery is still working till its full

only release a new collector when there is work to do not if your scanning roids and travelling between only when theres ltd,s to collect as the clock is ticking on them

So is there a better way of doing it?
Maybe but I don‘t use it. I have my collector limpets and lasers on the secondary trigger and when I find a suitable rock use the rotary control that is bound as the alternative for that trigger to fire the laser continuously, the collector limpet controller will stop firing when it can’t control any more limpets I switch the lasers off when the rock is depleted.

I think I know why I am getting a prospector fail message. I noticed that when I press my secondary trigger it says gargo scoop retracted and then prospector fail and then cargo scoop deployed and the prospector fires and works. Could it be a key binding issue?

A-Rated Limpet Controllers last the longest.

Prospecter Limpets simply have a limit on the number of active you can have going. Let's say 2. If you have 2 already out on astroids, and you fire a third one. The first one will "fail."

The cargo hatch opens and closes when you fire limpets. Probably not a binding issue.

I have most everything ignored at this point (in the contacts panel) so my limpets only collect fragments that contain LTDs. As a byproduct of this, I can fly by and laser a fragment off an astroid and if it shows up on my radar... it's not ignored and I know that rock has LTDs. Then I will fire a prospector onto it knowing it has what I want.

I just had a nightmare of a mining expo. Couldnt get LTD roids at all. Fired loads of prospectors but only ended up with 30t in two hours with just 5 limpets left. I am still having an issue with SC. I am not getting to the mid point of all three hotspots for LTD in Borann A2. Panic and inexperience set in and I only just arrive at a hotspot at all.

The is a bit of RNG when you drop into the rings. But there is no cycle for "replenishment" at all.
If you really really are having a bad run... might be worth selling what u got and starting over.

The prospector failed message happens all the time. No need to worry about it.
If you have a controller for 2, and you have 2 active prospectors on astroids which are depeleted... when you fire another one you will get the fail message.
You will also get the message if you have an active one and fly out of range. It just works this way.

You can drop in a random place on the rings. Just fly slow into the rocks and it will drop you.
Maybe don't drop at a signal source if that's what your doing.
I drop a ways away from a signal source that I keep targeted.... in Borann, splitting the distance between the other two spots. And then fly toward the one I have targeted, so I don't end up backtracking and covering ground that I already mined.

Sometimes it's better results than other times. That's also normal.
o7

Core rocks refresh in 6 hours. Laser rocks in 2. The update may remove the triple spot at Borann.

lol. I stand well corrected. Thanks for that. And it makes sense.
I guess as far as my usual practice goes, it pretty unlikely that I would be covering the same ground.... but yeah, if this is everyone's activity, I can see it more an issue. Plus the roid tracker that may develop.

All good... Cheers... o7

Any ideas why I am getting a prospector fail audio message when I fire one?

I think I know why I am getting a prospector fail message. I noticed that when I press my secondary trigger it says gargo scoop retracted and then prospector fail and then cargo scoop deployed and the prospector fires and works. Could it be a key binding issue?

No this is not the case. As @schmicknick says above, when you launch another prospector (when max already deployed) as soon as the new one is launched (hatch closes to launch then opens again) the oldest previous one is destroyed. So if your controller can only control 1 prospector limpet at a time then every time you launch another one, the existing one is destroyed.

No this is not the case. As @schmicknick says above, when you launch another prospector (when max already deployed) as soon as the new one is launched (hatch closes to launch then opens again) the oldest previous one is destroyed. So if your controller can only control 1 prospector limpet at a time then every time you launch another one, the existing one is destroyed.
But I never launch more than one. I fire it and wait while it hits the roid. I never fire another until after the first has landed. My concern is am I wasting valuable limpets? I cant work out why it is saying fail. I think I checked and only one is taken from my inventory as per the fire group info.

It's a matter of how many are out, or active... you have a limit of how many you can have fired (based on the size of controller you are using).. and when you fire another one, the oldest is removed (failed) and you get the message.

It's a matter of how many are out, or active... you have a limit of how many you can have fired (based on the size of controller you are using).. and when you fire another one, the oldest is removed (failed) and you get the message.
But I never ever fire more than one. Only one shows up and I never press fire twice.

Top Bottom