Ok so I have my type 6 fitted out for laser mining. I am in hip 13257. I have absolutely no idea how to find LTD! I have just tried the gas giant in this system. I fired a probe and it showed hotspots for several minerals but no LTD hotspots. Anu help would be gratefully appreciated. I really need to earn megamillions now!!

Ok so I have my type 6 fitted out for laser mining. I am in hip 13257. I have absolutely no idea how to find LTD! I have just tried the gas giant in this system. I fired a probe and it showed hotspots for several minerals but no LTD hotspots. Anu help would be gratefully appreciated. I really need to earn megamillions now!!
You're in the wrong place. You need to go to Planet 2 in Borann. When you get there, fire a DSS probe into the rings to show the triple hotspt, then drop into the middle of it and start mining. I made a detail guide on how it works in the video below, which is the same except for Painite before the Painite nerf. Mine any rock with 10% or more LTDs if using a T6 and fill your hold with limpets before setting off because you use more than with Painite. Once you start mining, you can abandon some limpets using the inventory panel to make space for the LTDs if you have to.
Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YHcXJcE5vnI

Cant remember now! I have seen several videos and I think I was told that LTD was the way to go with my mining. I am hoping to make a gazillion credits in a couple of hours!!

Cant remember now! I have seen several videos and I think I was told that LTD was the way to go with my mining. I am hoping to make a gazillion credits in a couple of hours!!
Might take abit longer in a type 6...

Anyway, why do you want to make alot of credits?

how come?
Well, truthfully, you may run into a veteran CMDR who will help you out. Last night I helped a new player in a Type-7 who was shooting asteroids with an abrasion blaster thinking it works like a mining laser. He would have shot that same asteroid (which had no surface deposits BTW) all day long had I not came by and gave him some useful advice.

@Hawknerd
(LTD) Low Temperature Diamonds are found in ice rings.
Any system you visit , if it has icy rings around a planet you have a potential of finding a LTD hotspot.
Currently everyone is swarming the Borann system because three hotspots are overlapping which increases the chance to find deep core asteroids containing LTD and almost all asteroids in that ring have a percentage of LTD available when laser mining.

Regarding making "gazillions" really fast, be warned that the speed at which you earn credits enables you to buy larger ships which cost more in both upgrading and rebuy. Without having the time at the stick with other ships and in general you might see later in your game where you are spending way more on expensive rebuys which leads to frustration.
I have no problems with you wanting to earn allot of credits really fast, i'm just suggestion while you do that stop to smell the roses. enjoy other aspects of the game not just the current gold rush.

@Hawknerd , I love your optimism!

Best possible rate of earning by mining LTD is about $200mil/hour...or so some people claim.
I've been around for a while and know the ropes, yet it generally takes me 90minutes+ to fill my Python (192T), then, depending on how far I need to go to sell...another 10-20 minutes.

This is fine for me, because I can't really stand to be mining much longer than that in one sitting.

Cheers

That will help you out, it even has a link to an image showing the triple-hotspot sweet-spot in Borann A2.

T6 is just fine for the beginning. I did 80 units within 80 minutes. makes 120m in the end.
I then started to use a Clipper, which makes 80 units within 20 minutes.

But the T6 is a good start.

Top Bottom