Ships Luxury Cabins

I think that Frontier should remove the restriction of having a luxury cabin on only the three ships. I like making ship builds for different activities but I don't like having two of the same ship. Either we need a new passenger ship or allowing commanders to use the module on other ships to create other builds that they like would be a step forward for gameplay.

Well FD did make 3 passenger ships. They added a slf bay to a passenger ship for some stupid reason, then after more crying they made the only three passenger ships multirole.
Get enough peeps to throw tantrums in the forum, you will probably get your wish.

Just no. The ability to carry luxury cabins is the only thing setting the Saud Krugers apart from every other ship. Yet still they are underused, because luxury missions are few and far in between. Unlocking the slots made especially the Beluga an even better luxury cruiser now. Finally I can run four luxury cabins with size 5 shield and fighter bay.

All I'm saying is I'd like to see some new ships like the rumored panther or narwhal liner come out, particularly the liner to have one passenger vessels for bailing out damaged space ports and the other a luxury liner idea. What kinds of ships would you guys like to see?

All I'm saying is I'd like to see some new ships like the rumored panther or narwhal liner come out, particularly the liner to have one passenger vessels for bailing out damaged space ports and the other a luxury liner idea. What kinds of ships would you guys like to see?
Now that is something I can get behind. Been wanting the Panther badly for 4 years now, but as ultimate cargo ship.

Yeah I'd go for that too. I just want some new ship choices and get the creative juices flowing for new builds.

In the lore, it is explained that the parent company of Saud Kruger also runs the passenger mission service and makes the luxury cabins. Effectively, they have a monopoly on luxury space travel because they made the luxury cabins so that they could ONLY be used by the Suad Kruger line of ships. It is not mentioned how they did this, be it making the cabins in non-standard sizes and dimensions, or having a proprietary power coupling etc....
I think that luxury cabins should be on luxury ships. Makes sense to have them only in luxury ships, so at most I would give it to some Imperial ships made for duke and king ranks and above.
I agree with this.

As for luxury cabins being available on Imperial ships unlocked at a rank of duke or higher, the only one that would be able to fit the cabins would be the Cutter. The Clipper is unlocked at the rank of baron.

A possible solution without changing the lore could have that Gutamaya start making their own proprietary luxury cabins. Since Gutamaya is restricted to the pre-existing slots sizes of the ships that are already in-service (they do not have the oversized size 5/6 slots that the Saud Kruger ships have) they are forced to make size 6/7 luxury cabins instead of size 5/6. Thankfully, the size 6/7 slots are slightly larger than the non-standard size 5/6 slots on the Suad Kruger ships, allowing Gutamaya cabins to have accommodate 25% more passengers (5 and 10 passengers for size 6 and 7, respectively).
On the other hand, WHERE IS OUR G@#$%& PANTHER???!!!
Hiding in a folder on FDev's internal server. I suspect that they have most (or at least some) of the assets for the Panther Clipper ready, but they don't want to work on the rest until they know that the community will manage their expectations for the ship. Considering that the ship was easily the single BEST ship in FE2 for everything other than exploration, I don't think that the ED version of the ship will be that true to the original in order to maintain some semblance of game balance. Knowing that quite a few people will be VERY vocal about a balanced Panther Clipper not being able to do activities X, Y, and Z better than every other ship (in some cases at the same time, and occasionally with 'best explorer' being listed as a 'requirement'), I understand why FDev wouldn't want to release the Panther Clipper yet. No matter what they do with the ship, someone will be disappointed and complain about it.

Of course, that doesn't stop me from wanting a Panther Clipper.

Hiding in a folder on FDev's internal server. I suspect that they have most (or at least some) of the assets for the Panther Clipper ready, but they don't want to work on the rest until they know that the community will manage their expectations for the ship.

If that's the reason, they are wasting their time, what we, the community, do best is naggin. Just as you said, If they don't make it as good as the last version, people will complain because it is not like they remember it, if they do it as good as the last version, people will complain because it is overpowered. :(

I'll be happy if it can carry 1000-1200t of cargo, boost to 250 and jump 15ly laden (engineered).
That seems fairly balanced. My T9 fully loaded with 720 tons of cargo will boost to 270ish and jump just over 17ly.

Also, is the 1000-1200 tons with or without shields? With shields might be a bit much imo.

Last edited:
I like it as it is, I think that the luxury cabins should be restricted to passenger ships only, as otherwise you end up with a raft of generalist ships and nothing to distinguish between them, so we all end up flying the same half dozen ships or being at a massive disadvantage compared with everyone else. But then, I say that as a Beluga pilot.

o7

Well FD did make 3 passenger ships. They added a slf bay to a passenger ship for some stupid reason, then after more crying they made the only three passenger ships multirole.
Get enough peeps to throw tantrums in the forum, you will probably get your wish.

Thanks I hate it.

Like the idea, but should require an additional module/upgrade/expensive refitting for the lux cabins to function as lux cabins. Otherwise, it would be like putting a $5000 sound system in a Yugo.

Like the idea, but should require an additional module/upgrade/expensive refitting for the lux cabins to function as lux cabins. Otherwise, it would be like putting a $5000 sound system in a Yugo.

Yeah but who doesn't like having a car with rims more expensive than the car?

Top Bottom