Mac Version

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Has anything been mentioned about a Mac version?

Has a look though the recently asked questions but couldn't see anything.

And still no modification on the official FAQ : What platform ? PC ? Okay so it's not a console game, okay great, but what OS ? Windows/Mac/Linux/Android/IOS/Solaris ([big grin])

lsv4z2O.png

It's the common term for computers running Windows. All though the correct use of PC covers all kinds of operative systems. What the statement in the image above says, is basically "it will not run on a tablet or a cell phone", which to a certain extent, is a PC itself.

So interpret it as: Windows for now.

It's the common term for computers running Windows. All though the correct use of PC covers all kinds of operative systems. What the statement in the image above says, is basically "it will not run on a tablet or a cell phone", which to a certain extent, is a PC itself.

So interpret it as: Windows for now.
Nope.

I have a computer with Windows and Linux on it, what is it ? A PC or not ? It's not 1990 anymore !
PC = Personal Computer
OS = Operating system
This is confusing = this need to be edited.

In any case, this debate has already taken place.
"Games for PC" is a marketing slogan used by Microsoft to confirm its dominant position in the minds of players. But we are in 2015, and I guess we are smart enough to use the words according to their etymological definition. Furthermore, this is confusing for some people (It's just like writing on a playstation game: "Console Game"). Have a little respect for users who choose to use other OS.

Now, in 2015, we use :

Just open your FTP, open the code of the page, change the words, add a little "Windows" logo if you want, but just do it !

giphy.gif

Last edited:
Awww crap, I pre-ordered Planet Coaster after I got my macbook a few days ago and now I realise theres no Mac announced [mad]bootcamp but that means another 100$ woopsies

It's all DirectX. If it weren't for that porting to other platforms wouldn't be difficult, because these days it's write once and compile everywhere. I mean, unless you are using features specific to Windows you'd need to change a few things, but nothing is as difficult as DirectX.

Come on Vulkan, become the new standard.

Last edited:
Saw all the replies to this but uber busy all week to reply.

My first thought after hearing it not coming to Mac was straight to either: Bootcamp or Fusion. But I guess now thats out the window.

Nope.

I have a computer with Windows and Linux on it, what is it ? A PC or not ? It's not 1990 anymore !
PC = Personal Computer
OS = Operating system
This is confusing = this need to be edited.

In any case, this debate has already taken place.
"Games for PC" is a marketing slogan used by Microsoft to confirm its dominant position in the minds of players. But we are in 2015, and I guess we are smart enough to use the words according to their etymological definition. Furthermore, this is confusing for some people (It's just like writing on a playstation game: "Console Game"). Have a little respect for users who choose to use other OS.

Now, in 2015, we use :

Just open your FTP, open the code of the page, change the words, add a little "Windows" logo if you want, but just do it !

https://media.giphy.com/media/87xihBthJ1DkA/giphy.gif

I just love the way you make things clear. I agree with you in every post. [up]

So my girlfriend really wants to buy this game. She has a 13" MacBook Air from mid 2012.
Intel i5 with 1,8 GHz
1536 MB Intel HD Graphics 4000 (onboard)
4 GB DDR3
I don't think that Planet Coaster will be that great with bootcamp... that's very sad. What do you think?

Last edited:
I think she can't play Planet Coaster. I expect you need a real video card these days, not a Intel HD Graphics :)

I found this on Facebook (posted by Planet Coaster, 23-10-2015):

Pre-Orders are for PC at the moment and there's currently no news to announce on a Mac version yet.

Last edited:
Woah I'm really gutted it won't be available for Mac. I was minutes away from buying Early Bird when I came across this thread. Hopefully in the future it'll be available for Mac.

Haven't seen any whining, though a lot of preachy windows people who think they know what is best for everyone...

As far as a Mac verison, I am sure it will come in time. A quick glance at Frontier's wiki shows that everything developed in the last 15 years for Windows also received a Mac release. Will it be at on OS X at launch? Not a chance. Will it appear 6 months down the line? Very likely.

I think this should not be an issue at all. For years I have been playing RCT3 under VMWare fusion on my mid 2009 MacBook pro and never experienced any problem.

If your mac meets the minimun specs then rest assured you'll be able to play planet coaster.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom