Made a dreadful mistake..

Oh, did I mention I started with less than a rebuy in credits?
giphy.gif

So far I haven't made any really dreadful mistakes, just a bunch of bloody silly ones. xD
The worst one was probably this, just yesterday:

I was under the impression that your exploration data gets saved when you dock at a station, even if you don't sell it there.
You can guess where this is going...

On Wednesday I took off on a 5000ly trip to unlock Palin. Headed to the Jellyfish Nebula. Here and there I scanned a few systems, and when I found Water Worlds I mapped. Oh and I used a cheap Hauler with just a G2 FSD for 37ly jump range, so it was about 150 jumps one-way to Beta Site. And it was a really nice view indeed.
So I made it there safely and docked. I checked the exploration data but didn't sell it, because I planned to sell it to Sirius Corp instead to make friends quickly. Then I decided I didn't want to go through 150 jumps again right now, so I blew up my ship instead and respawned at AY with a Sidewinder.

Now imagine my chagrin when I'd made it to Procyon, proudly opened Universal Cartographics, and... nothing. facepalm
So I had to grind the Sirius rep manually, and I don't know exactly how long it took but it probably wasn't any less than the 5000ly return journey would have taken. :6

When I returned from my 18 month Grand Tour of the galaxy my home system had been flipped to another faction. I used my exploration data to flip it back, selling it tactically until the war went pending then bolstering my faction so that by the time the war actually started I already had a massive lead (this was around June 2018, before the 3.0 changes).

I was doing this single-handed and figured I wouldn't be able to compete in the number of kills in actual CZs but gave it a go anyway, spending hour after hour killing NPCs & returning to rearm until I was too tired to fly straight.

Then I made a simple mistake. I boosted to escape a red Pack to give my shields time to rebuild but zoomed straight into an NPC, losing virtually all my hull and stalled, waiting for my Eng cap to rebulld. I lost the ship, and around 300mCr of exploration data I had yet to sell.

I won the war, flipped my home system back to my faction. Then gave it back ;)

I did the run for the Guardian FSD booster blueprint yesterday.
871ly there, did the towers picked up some guardian bits (& the Blueprint) on the way back picked up the 8x HN shock mounts..
got back to Jamesons hit the tech broker only to find out i was 6 short on Guardian Technology Components..

oh well back to the Guardian Site again o_O

Top Bottom