Magnetar

Nope. Pretty sure that was still a mostly theoretical thing when ED was built. There are probably a few neutrons that have been ID'd as magnetars in the game but no special status for them.

That was what i thought the settings used in ED may not work with the power of a magnetar due to its immense pulling power. Even the neutrons are difficult to dodge at times. Thanks for you reply

Nope, but I wish there was. Short live insane mental magnetic gods from hell.

Would not want to hyper jump into one of those.

Neutron thin I would be.... Nope... Make that an insanely squashed quark.

Are there any Magnetars in ED to anyone's knowledge? Curious I know they are extremely rare...
Sadly you were given the incorrect information Magnetars do exist ingame though they look like what they are, just another class of Neutron star, theres a whole bunch of physics you could look into studying the mechanics at play and perhaps if your patient enough yourll be able to find some link between the spin up and spin down cycles of the Magnetars stellar quakes.
You will want to take a peek at the one in the Formidine Rift with the name prefix "AXP". Afaik there are no young magnetars found with the extreme radius fields and thus older and weaker ones are visually the same as generic Neutron Stars.

Top Bottom