Make Ceratosaurus a fisheater

With the upcoming free update that improves the care for Spinosaurids, giving them a preference to wetlands and a taste for fish, this opens up the door for other dinosaurs having similar behaviour as well. If there's a reason for it of course. The news posts only mentioned Spinosaurids and Spinoraptor. No other dinosaurs have been mentioned to show this new behaviour. I asked about Ceratosaurus in a thread but there was no answer, so I'll just post it here as a suggestion.

There is evidence that Ceratosaurs ate fish and crocodiles for most of the year and only ate dinosaurs occasionally. So in the game I think Ceratosaurus should probably have a requirement for at least some wetlands and a preference for eating fish as well.

Source:
2004 Bakker, R.T.; Bir, G.
Dinosaur crime scene investigations: theropod behavior at Como Bluff, Wyoming, and evolution of birdness

With the upcoming free update that improves the care for Spinosaurids, giving them a preference to wetlands and a taste for fish, this opens up the door for other dinosaurs having similar behaviour as well. If there's a reason for it of course. The news posts only mentioned Spinosaurids and Spinoraptor. No other dinosaurs have been mentioned to show this new behaviour. I asked about Ceratosaurus in a thread but there was no answer, so I'll just post it here as a suggestion.

There is evidence that Ceratosaurs ate fish and crocodiles for most of the year and only ate dinosaurs occasionally. So in the game I think Ceratosaurus should probably have a requirement for at least some wetlands and a preference for eating fish as well.

Source:
2004 Bakker, R.T.; Bir, G.
Dinosaur crime scene investigations: theropod behavior at Como Bluff, Wyoming, and evolution of birdness
Very interesting, I liked! :)

I agree! I think a few more dinosaur species should be able to use the new Fish Feeders aside from the Spinosaurids, and given the evidence for Ceratosaurus as being piscivorous, I think it's really a no-brainer! I'd also like to suggest the Dilophosaurus be able to use it since it was likely a fish-eater as well.

Yes it has been suggested Dilophosaurus had a taste for fish as well though I couldn't get as clear a source for that one so I left it out of the post.
But seeing now how the wetlands requirement works, I think it would make sense to have some other dinosaurs also have a bit of a wetlands requirement even if they don't favour fish as a food source.

Yes it has been suggested Dilophosaurus had a taste for fish as well though I couldn't get as clear a source for that one so I left it out of the post.
But seeing now how the wetlands requirement works, I think it would make sense to have some other dinosaurs also have a bit of a wetlands requirement even if they don't favour fish as a food source.
I hadn't thought about expanding the Wetland requirement to other dinosaurs, but now that you mention it, it is a bit odd that all dinosaurs have the stat even though only 4 currently use it... I agree on that as well. (y) It would certainly add another level of depth to designing exhibits if at least some other dinosaurs needed Wetland habitat (again, Ceratosaurus and Dilophosaurus are prime candidates for this).

Top Bottom