Make mining persistent

When mine planetary rings for materials, make them persistent.

I know it would take weeks month for an entire ring to be depleted but it should.

We would have to find other rings once we suck it dry and its depleted.

This would be how it would be in real life. This would stop double and triple hotspots being abused for ever because they will run out

When mine planetary rings for materials, make them persistent.

I know it would take weeks month for an entire ring to be depleted but it should.

We would have to find other rings once we suck it dry and its depleted.

This would be how it would be in real life. This would stop double and triple hotspots being abused for ever because they will run out

The technical requirements for this, are ...an interesting challenge.

They don't have to store the state of every rock. Just count the commodities tonnage removed, and reduce odds of finding pay rocks accordingly as time goes by.
I do like the idea of having a permanent depletion mechanic. However, since I have made over Cr. 20B using Borann and the like, it would be a bit hypocritical of me to really push for it.

Last edited:

Craith

Volunteer Moderator
We will be playing Elite 5 before one ring even came close to depletion.
This. All players together can't make a dent in the smallest of rings, so it makes no sense to track it. It makes more sense to at some point downgrade a few rings by one level, or remove a few of the hotspots in very active systems, during one of the updates.

And there's only like 400b star systems and probably at least several trillions of minable rings, anyone want to calculate out the data storage requirements of that?

We will be playing Elite 5 before one ring even came close to depletion.

I also agree. I mean, despite doing our worst to mine out and destroy Earth since many years, we're not even getting close to emptying all the deposits. (Only the easy to reach ones get depleted. ) And that's while we all sit on the very same one rock in space. Now scale that to a galactic level. That can keep us busy for a while. :D

Top Bottom