Make Open Play matter - Power Play and BGS should be influenced only in open

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
  1. Blocking should just block chat and not impact instancing
  2. Power Play numbers for the powers only impacted by actions in Open. Still allow merits to be earned in Solo/PG that influence the players rank and nothing else (Maybe bonus for doing in open)
  3. BGS factions only impacted by actions in Open. Still allow players to gain rep for actions in Solo/PG (Maybe bonus for doing in open)
This would make playing in open meaningful. Players should not be able to "hide" from opponents of their actions in Power Play or BGS.

For those who wish to play in PG or Solo, they're still able to get everything they can get that influences only them (merits, powerplay modules, faction rep).

I suggested this, as Solo / PG players have no issue with Open impacting their game.
Which OP wants to ignore.
Assuming this is serious...

If you want to do stuff for your self, Solo and PG are great for that. I got no issues with that. That's why you should still get merits and faction rep if you're playing in a way that no one can retaliate against you for your actions.

Open should be for when you want to participate with everyone else in the galaxy.

1. Blocking should just block chat and not impact instancing
  2. Power Play numbers for the powers only impacted by actions in Open. Still allow merits to be earned in Solo/PG that influence the players rank and nothing else (Maybe bonus for doing in open)
  3. BGS factions only impacted by actions in Open. Still allow players to gain rep for actions in Solo/PG (Maybe bonus for doing in open)
This would make playing in open meaningful. Players should not be able to "hide" from opponents of their actions in Power Play or BGS.

For those who wish to play in PG or Solo, they're still able to get everything they can get that influences only them (merits, powerplay modules, faction rep).
Amen. 100% agree. Power Play was introduced to encourage player v player gameplay. Having it available in PG/Solo only holds it back.

Assuming this is serious...

If you want to do stuff for your self, Solo and PG are great for that. I got no issues with that. That's why you should still get merits and faction rep if you're playing in a way that no one can retaliate against you for your actions.

Open should be for when you want to participate with everyone else in the galaxy.

I'll give it one more go. I will sum up all the previous posting on this subject for you to save the hours of reading up; "no".

However should you care to continue to tilt, I am sure you can entice some other poor souls to join you. I'm done.

Can't tell if you're trolling or not, but God I hope so.

No, trolling would be buying a game that advertised a selective mode system long before the game was for sale (2 years before it's general release) and complaining it has a selective mode system once it's released. That is some serious trolling right there.

All I've ever done is point out the entitlement complex some people have when they decided the core game design (as stated above, advertised before the game was on general release) should be thrown away and everyone should be forced into playing with them because they say so.

And the ethos of being able to choose who to play with was reinforced when Frontier improved the in-game block feature to include the instance block, which previously you had to drop back to the main menu to do (in-game was only a chat block to start with, now it's both).

No, trolling would be buying a game that advertised a selective mode system long before the game was for sale (2 years before it's general release) and complaining it has a selective mode system once it's released. That is some serious trolling right there.

All I've ever done is point out the entitlement complex some people have when they decided the core game design (as stated above, advertised before the game was on general release) should be thrown away and everyone should be forced into playing with them because they say so.

And the ethos of being able to choose who to play with was reinforced when Frontier improved the in-game block feature to include the instance block, which previously you had to drop back to the main menu to do (in-game was only a chat block to start with, now it's both).
No one is saying the selective mode should go away here. If you choose to participate in systems that are affecting the efforts of other players though, you shouldn't be able to do this while eliminating all danger to yourself from those players.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom