Make rescuing Occupied Escape Pods more attractive to Cmdrs

Should there be "High Grade" escape pods?

• Yes, sounds like a great idea

Votes: 45 68.2%
  • No, sounds like a dumb idea

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Perhaps, but it might need some re-working

Votes: 20 30.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
It's been ages since I rescued an NPC in an Occupied Escape Pod. Primarily because they used to be "illegal salvage". I don't feel there's any incentive now though to pick them up.

I have an idea to create that incentive. FD could make a few, say 10% or 20% valuable, with politicians or businessmen, that are worth a few hundred thousand credits. Furthermore, more still, say the top 2% or 5% REALLY valuable and worth several million credits. You'd never know though until you cash them in. ;)

I might be more inclined to pick them up then.

----------------

P.S. Celebrities should come with an option to drop them back where you found them ;)

I clicked on this thread hoping the op would be talking about some kind of improved game play or content but no just another more credist please Fdev thread. Shame.

I clicked on this thread hoping the op would be talking about some kind of improved game play or content but no just another more credist please Fdev thread. Shame.

Do take into account that these proposals by the OP are very easy to add and take considerably less time than adding gameplay loops. If we propose a new loop not on FDs current planning, dont expect to see it anytime 'soon' even if they agree. Small suggestions? Way better odds. If you make escape pods potentially more valuable, bring back the related missions and add the search zone mechanic you've got the basics of a rescuer career for very little effort.

Do take into account that these proposals by the OP are very easy to add and take considerably less time than adding gameplay loops. If we propose a new loop not on FDs current planning, dont expect to see it anytime 'soon' even if they agree. Small suggestions? Way better odds. If you make escape pods potentially more valuable, bring back the related missions and add the search zone mechanic you've got the basics of a rescuer career for very little effort.

Disagree that uping payout improves game play. The other stuff is cool. I'm just a bit tired of make x better, give more credits suggestions. That's all.

Make piracy better give more credits, bounty hunting, exploration and so on. Why does trade, combat bounty hunting etc pay so badly... and so on. So sorry for reading the give more credits and feeling dead inside and not really giving the other ideas the .... wait for it... credit they are due.

I'll go away now. sorry.

How about a rare chance for the pod to be occupied by a needy pilot, that are so grateful for being picked up you can hire them as an NPC Crew member for your ship .. with no % profit share?

I'd like to say I'm an altruist and rescue those poor suc.....err I mean souls, out of the kindness of my heart, but since I now leave the ones I find stranded on planets and go on my merry way, I don't know what incentive I need, it's not credits that's for sure, currently I just see them as noise on my scope, I honestly don't see the body's, I see junk lying around, I'm putting in a complaint to the tour operators to clean up their mess.

YOu're being paid a reward by the Pilot's Federation for the rescue of a fellow pilot. Strict banking regulations, however, call for all financial transactions to take place via the Commodity Market.

Would be nice to see a station service at certain refugee centers where you can turn in escape pods for a good rep gain with minor/major factions. Maybe add some additional types of pods as OP suggested like VIPs. Alternatively there should be a counter station service in criminal areas where you can sell them into slavery or for ransoms, gaining credits depending on their status (VIP, crew, etc) but maybe lose rep.

This. There's a wack of gameplay options in there. Beginning GSARs and slavers would have good career starts doing this, plus side work of evil and altruism for anyone with the cargo space.

I am disappointed this thread isn't about adding pink bows to the existing Escape Pods to make them more attractive.

Something in the most recent update said it allowed "assigning passengers outside of the mission board"

This leads me to believe it's now possible (within the code... at least...) to get passengers from things you pick up in space/on planets.

This would be the best way of doing this. Pick up a pod, get a "mission update" which lets you choose whether to open the pod and wake them up, at which point, you get another mission update from the pod person telling you where they wanna go etc.

It just runs like a normal passenger mission from that point on.

Top Bottom