Make Your Own Animal Name Pool

So, to keep the community busy while we brainstorm or try to figure out what's next, and also to take our minds off of certain things, here's a new game to try:

Pick a species, any species you'd like to see in Planet Zoo, and put together a list of pre-generated names for what it could have.

And don't worry if somebody else chose the same animal you wanted: everybody has different ideas. Maybe I want to name a red fox "Bobby", while somebody else names it "Rusty". Just go wild...
I think a good limit is about 10-20 names.

Oh, and if you have a special reason for choosing a certain name, feel free to share, if you want

Polecats (aldo works for other small eirasian critters like the red fox):
Bobby, Jeremy, Katatina, Mr Floofeld, Freddy, Ronaldo, Oskar, Maria, Merle, Max, Maxim, Mortimer, Rüdiger, Christina, Karolina, Slavitza, Charlene, Pascal, Peter, Paule, Moritz, Maike, Pia, Hannah

To be continued

So, I choose the red fox. Here we go:

Male
  1. Rusty
  2. Rojo - Spanish for red
  3. Roald - the author of Fantastic Mr. Fox (Roald Dhal)
  4. Wes - the director that did Fantastic Mr. Fox (Wes Anderson)
  5. Humphrey
  6. Zorro - zorro is Spanish for fox, plus there's a masked hero named Zorro. Win-win
  7. Fred
  8. Gordon - ever heard of the 80s sitcom Alf? Gordon Shumway: "I'm hungry. You got a cat?"
  9. Jules
  10. Carl - so, a character from Jimmy Neutron that always wore orange
Female
  1. Crimson
  2. Clover - these 2 names match because of that old song
  3. Berry
  4. Lola - I just love that name for some reason
  5. Felicity
  6. Sharona
  7. Dalilah - I had a beagle-lab mix named Dalilah
  8. Samantha "Sam"
  9. Ruby
  10. Zoey

Out of curiosity, the names are grouped at the nationality level and not the species level in game, right? I really wish some of the name pools were a lot deeper. Feels like every time I use a NA species in particular I always end up with an Embe, an Ember, and two Emberlynns at the same time.

Out of curiosity, the names are grouped at the nationality level and not the species level in game, right?
I don't understand
I really wish some of the name pools were a lot deeper. Feels like every time I use a NA species in particular I always end up with an Embe, an Ember, and two Emberlynns at the same time.
I wouldn't know: I always rename my animals anyway as soon as I get them

Wolverine - Logan. :ROFLMAO:

Okay but seriously, good thread.

European Badger: Matilda, Oliver, Helen, Frederick, Frances, Jonah, Olivia, Arthur, Sophia, Daniel, Natalie, Chester, also Emma and Rupert. ;)

So, to keep the community busy while we brainstorm or try to figure out what's next, and also to take our minds off of certain things, here's a new game to try:

Pick a species, any species you'd like to see in Planet Zoo, and put together a list of pre-generated names for what it could have.

And don't worry if somebody else chose the same animal you wanted: everybody has different ideas. Maybe I want to name a red fox "Bobby", while somebody else names it "Rusty". Just go wild...
I think a good limit is about 10-20 names.

Oh, and if you have a special reason for choosing a certain name, feel free to share, if you want
Ok I wanna try:

Leopard (male): Jeff
Leopard (female): Jeff

Cougar- For the cougar I choose names from the Chinook Jargon language. It's a Pidgin/creole language of several Pacific Northwest tribal groups, English, and French. In it's hey day in the 1800's nearly everybody from Northern California to Alaska spoke it. Estimated to have less than 1000 speakers left, the language has left it's mark all across the North American Pacific Northwest, and bits and pieces of it survive in daily speech, and place names.

Male
Chickamin
Chako
Chum
Cole
Ikt
Kimtah
Nanitch
Tenas
Towagh
Paiute

Female