Guide / Tutorial Making Some Noob Money

Once you get out of the starter system a very nice place to make money is in the Deciat System at a station that orbits Deciat 1.
The Conjoint Industry Core (https://eddb.io/station/70461) is a station that has problems with constantly being attacked.
The System Authority Vessels show up, as do allies of the Deciat Green Party <--- These guys are your buddies.

Flying by the station and then about 10km out seems to trigger the attacks - which occur every several minutes.
A distress call will go out asking for help - if you have a paper plane only attack those enemies that are busy with System Authority Vessels.
At times there can be upwards of two dozen ships on the screen at one time - it is a riot.

All you have to do is tag the ships that everyone else is shooting at and moments later you can $$$$ profit $$$$.

Another nice feature is that Garay Terminal is about 100ls away so you can turn in bounty vouchers quickly and easily.
I made about 10 million today - and for this noob that is a considerable amount of money.

Happy Hunting.

Last edited:
This particular orbital also has a 'mail slot' like area you can practice flying through.
It kind of looks like a car wash (about the same length too) - you can practice your FA Off skills while waiting for the next attack.

Noob money...

LHS 3447 -> Frigaha (scan system with FSS)
Frigaha -> Aphra (sell data, buy DSS)
Aphra -> V1688 Aquilae (map ELW’s/Ww’s)
V1688 Aquilae -> Clayakarma (map ELW’s/Ww’s)

12.5m in exploration data, within 25ly.

Last edited:
I often do this sometimes with systems having mega-ships that given the local faction's disputes get attacked. Instead of pilfering the mega-ship I hang out, wait for pirates to attack, then fight with the local defense force to take them out. If flying a weaker combat ship the same HighRez/CZ rules apply per having the defense force do the work then get some percentage weapons hits on the pirate so that the player gets the kill credits. What makes it interesting is that a pirate can be also better than the defense force. Great player training in the midst of smaller battles deciding who to attack and when. Perhaps a player also owns a pet parrot that often says, "Arrr, No quater matey!". :)

Last edited:
Noob money...

LHS 3447 -> Frigaha (scan system with FSS)
Frigaha -> Aphra (sell data, buy DSS)
Aphra -> V1688 Aquilae (map ELW’s/Ww’s)
V1688 Aquilae -> Clayakarma (map ELW’s/Ww’s)

12.5m in exploration data, within 25ly.
I'm intentionally getting most of my cash from combat missions as I see PvP as the end game.
If I ever need a quick 25m though, I'll remember this one.

I often do this sometimes with systems having mega-ships that given the local faction's disputes get attacked. Instead of pilfering the mega-ship I hang out, wait for pirates to attack, then fight with the local defense force to take them out. If flying a weaker combat ship the same HighRez/CZ rules apply per having the defense force do the work then get some percentage weapons hits on the pirate so that the player gets the kill credits. What makes it interesting is that a pirate can be also better than the defense force. Great player training in the midst of smaller battles deciding who to attack and when. Perhaps a player also owns a pet parrot that often says, "Arrr, No quater matey!". :)
I've learned a great deal about running away. :D

Top Bottom