Game Discussions Mass Effect remastered!

Here's a question - does MER look better than MEA? I've yet to get MEA because of the negative reviews, but it does offer a story I've not experienced, unlike MER.

If MER does look better than MEA, it makes me wonder why they didn't include MEA as part of MER...

Mamma mia!
Mass Effect 1,2,3 run on Unreal 3, Andromeda on Frostbyte. I guess they could run them all from the same launcher, but it would need to start a different application. The story is not really connected anyway.

No - definitely not
Same here - I view the sequels in the same way as The Matrix sequels: alright-I-suppose with some good bits, but overall not what I was expecting and I’ll not bother with them again 😁

I preferred the Reapers when they were (almost) unstoppable, unknowable Cthulhu cosmic horrors - and the gameplay was more than a corridor cover shooter.

That's what killed MEA. Everyone wanted ME4. A repeat, just like some wanted ME1 repeat. No offense. :)
I looked at MEA as I did ME1. A new story.
Is why I never support community input to making games.

Last edited:
I didn't buy the reskin, but the release prompted me to play several rounds of the multiplayer from ME3 with friends.

Dang that is great fun.

So many different builds, loadouts, classes, achievements. The ME3 MP really stood up well.

As other posters have said, Andromeda was tragically bad. Removal of the decision tree makes you a passive passenger in a very uninteresting recycled story. Reapers turn opponents into Reaper spawn, Kett turn enemies into Kett spawn.

Very sad that the original Bioware team is kaput. There is a season to all things I guess.

What killed ME:A for me was the voice acting. The main characters came across as whiny teenagers. That and some really weird animations, but mainly the voice thing.

What killed ME:A for me was the voice acting. The main characters came across as whiny teenagers. That and some really weird animations, but mainly the voice thing.
Semi-agree, although tbh development hell including severe problems with the engine and staff turnover were probably more to blame. What came out the other end was rushed so script & acting weren't great.

There's a decent game trying to get out, but yeah. Nowhere near up to OG ME standard.

That's what killed MEA. Everyone wanted ME4. A repeat, just like some wanted ME1 repeat. No offense. :)
I looked at MEA as I did ME1. A new story.
Is why I never support community input to making games.
I thought it was the poor story, crappy characters and fantastic amount of bugs that killed it

Since I have no history of playing the ME games before Andromeda, I have no biases because of developer decisions. I've read a lot of salt on the subject but to move on ...
This ME Legendary Edition looks awesome. I've had ME:A installed for about 2 years and its been my most played FPS game so far. I know it has a lot of other aspects such as space travel and ships on board life but I don't play FPS games much.
ME would be my dream game if I could fly the Normandy or Tempest throughout our Milky Way galaxy or an arm of its spiral; or of any galaxy. Being able to actually fly a ME ship would be a big plus but I can live with commanding the ship from the bridge.

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hl1qjayVwOA

(^^ is a nice review of Legendary Edition)

Have a nice day

Edit: I'll leave this here instead of bumping the thread; its a nice short read on ME, the sci-fi story.

Last edited:
I went back and reviewed all this thread; forgot I had posted several times here (but never got ME Legendary Edition).
Its becoming a strong urge in me to pull the trigger on the Legendary Edition. It would be my first play of the original ME.
There are a lot of great resources for the playthroughs and how the interfaces work.

So far since my problem with Origins (now with an EA launcher) hasn't resurfaced. so good its been

Have a great weekend

I went back and reviewed all this thread; forgot I had posted several times here (but never got ME Legendary Edition).
Its becoming a strong urge in me to pull the trigger on the Legendary Edition. It would be my first play of the original ME.
There are a lot of great resources for the playthroughs and how the interfaces work.

So far since my problem with Origins (now with an EA launcher) hasn't resurfaced. so good its been

Have a great weekend
The controls vary quite. Of all 3 ME3 is the best in terms of combat gameplay. Visceral. You will miss out on one of the best parts - the MP. Story-wise they all have up and downs but ME1 is the best in atmosphere. ME2 is in between - not quite reaching the combat gameplay of pt3 nor having that vibe of pt1 but a very high production quality.
It is as awhole a great space opera - maybe thw best.

Top Bottom