Massacre missions Partial completion when system exits war state

HOLY FN CRAP

you spend real world time to do massacre missions in systems at war, and that system exits war state, and COMPLETELY BREAKING IMMERSION, the game says "you did nothing, sorry no partial complete, maybe hope you find enough targets at a nav beacon or haz res site because F YOU.

killed 40 of 50 ships , good job , however you did nothing F you.

this is such incredible bull crap

We spend cash at your damn store, time on your damn missions and get crapped on like this. It literally makes you not want to play.

IF FACTIONS WERE REAL: theyd say " thank you for your contribution to this war effort, here is a partial completion of the mission because we are through with war."

Instead it says " here is some bad forsight on the side of the game developer, sorry but you wasted your time, Maybe dont take a long mission next time, even though any mission worth your time is long."

THANKS FOR THE CONSTANT DISCONECTS, Game breaking anti-immersion, lack of give a crap for time spent.

This cant be the first damn time this has been brought up in 7 years, so it definitely is a big F You from the devs to the player base.

Aren't there some USS or nav beacon or whatever to find the missing targets?
Or is the mission instantly failed? Never had that before to be honest.

Also swearing and caps won't help.

It helps vent the frustration of wasted time,
Sure i can go to nav beacons, haz res, USS etc,
it doesnt fail you, but you dont have the time left on the mission to do it.

War finishes, CZs disappear, mission cannot be finished.
No chance to get the mission targets elsewhere? I really never was in that situation 🤔

At least the missions should have a timer to correspond with the tick.
But these details will only be realized by people playing the game 🤷‍♂️

They dont show up as mission targets post War.
They show up at different zones but you have to get lucky

there is a timer, and a good pilot should be aware of that timer, but the point is the blatant disregard for time spent,

You see- it may not be apparent but it takes actual time to help a war effort- and taking missions would be honored by a faction if it were real, but the game treats it like you should just have some 6th sense about how long the conflict will last, and screws you over if you dont get the high kill mission done before then,

that is the frustrating part, you help a faction- it says sorry you didnt do anything, thanks for destroying 40 of our enemies but we wanted 50 before the war completion that you CANT see is done.

got time left to do it- cool, just cant get it cuz they arent mission targets anymore-- tough luck commander, but you should be able to know when a war is gonna be over, and again screw you

ships from the faction you need to engage show up at different sites if youre lucky, but they arent mission targets any longer (just found this part out when finding the right faction ships at haz rez and nav beacon desperatly trying to finish the mission.)

Last edited:
I think you're stuffed if this happens. I wasn't aware of CZ targets showing up outside of CZ sites after a war ends. Tough luck OP.
On par with what I have come to realize from this game I suppose.
Looks like its off to a different pursuit for a while,
I'm a bit too frustrated with this for the moment.
Spent too much time getting decent at flying, learning the mechanics of the game, and upgrading/engineering my ships to be accepting of such nonsense

On par with what I have come to realize from this game I suppose.
Looks like its off to a different pursuit for a while,
I'm a bit too frustrated with this for the moment.
Spent too much time getting decent at flying, learning the mechanics of the game, and upgrading/engineering my ships to be accepting of such nonsense
Quite right too! Having learned some things about a game HOW DARE THEY expect you to learn OTHER THINGS TOO!

UNACCEPTABLE!

(Did I do the All Caps right? ;) )

Quite right too! Having learned some things about a game HOW DARE THEY expect you to learn OTHER THINGS TOO!

UNACCEPTABLE!

(Did I do the All Caps right? ;) )
Lol, oh fanboys...
Yes a dev should focus on QOL for their player base...

Learning that you get screwed over in an immersion breaking way like missions not being completable after war is over- isn't a " slow to 75% throttle approaching a destination in super cruise." learning point. It is an oversight by the development team.

Sooooo, unless you can fanboy out some sort of "Well in keeping with the quasi-sim nature of the game- it only makes sense that blah blah" CAPS you too ;)

you might want to check how the war is standing at any station under news, before deciding to pick up missions. or looking at right hand panel under status -> faction in question.

that said - factions still pay for bonds you collected even after war, so at least some partial pay happened.

I suggest a suggestion in the suggestion subforum for a partial pay when war ends (because it would for sure reduce some players frustration on that matter).

War ships never show up out side conflict zones they are war class ships builds only sent in to action in wars for factions...

The civil ships belonging to the faction show up out side conflict zones as they did before the war even started but there Civilian ships not war class...
The only time you see a war ship class is when they are renegades or those who turned pirate after stealing the builds and they are only in wing mission war ship targets...
These are then Bounty class targets there not combat bond war targets... Any traitors or pirates are hunted after wars with bounties on them..

When the wars over all war ship High wake out only to be seen if another war starts...

war/civil war 101

• faction states can change ones a day, at "The tick". that applies to all state changes. unfortunately the tick moves over time, mainly with updates (currently it is~1600 ingame). if a war ends, it ends with the tick.

• a war/cicil war has a maximum duration of 7 days ("ticks").

• you can see the current days won for each faction at station news.

• as a war will end, when 1 side has won the majority of days anyway, i wouldn't take a massacre mission in a war standing 3:2 or 3:1, or 3:0 with the tick being too close to be safe finishing the mission (a high CZ will end with 15-18 kills).

• easier it might be to check right hand panel -> faction -> status. a war being close to finish will in most cases read as "close to victory".

• but outside of tracking start of a conflict and counting ticks, none of the above will fully counter what you experienced. If you come into a system, war is 0:0 but already runs 6 days, you redeem a bond, you might still end with a massacre mission unfinished. so i personally think a suggestion for a partial payout might make sense.

• another approach would be, to never take more massacre mission kills than you can finish pre current tick - and make sure the war is still on (massacre missions stay on the mission board some hours after war has ended). i tend to never take missions for more than 30 kills, if not winging up, as i know i might not do more than 2 HCZ.

hope that helps - it is not like i can't understand your frustration.

you might want to check how the war is standing at any station under news, before deciding to pick up missions. or looking at right hand panel under status -> faction in question.
That is sound advice, but it does not tell the whole story. Yes, the in game info will tell you how many days a faction has dominated, but if it says one day, that does not necessarily mean there are at least three days left (ie to reach 4). The war could very well end that day (at 1-1 or 2-0) depending day and time you check galnet...

Edit: Well done! Your addendum post is the whole story.

Tick:-

Everything changes in the bgs every 24 hours, based on the previous 24h work. For example, a day of a war or election is calculated then, and is the first to 4.

Influence changes happen here too, on the same proviso, as do bgs state changes, like boom, outbreak, and so on.

The tick is currently around 15.30 game time I believe.

This is a very brief attempt to explain what the tick is, but goemon above has explained much more and in better detail.

In other words, things change after this time.

Edit - and Ethaldin's advice

Top Bottom