MASSIVE FRAMESHIFT SURGE DETECTED 20:00 UTC

If it's fueled by void opals(or anything from mining or from combat drops) and they add more random combat in the middle of nowhere would it be possible to build up trade, combat, and exploration on normal usage!?

I do hope that the ships aren't so expensive that the PVP players can just buy them on launch day and the purist PVE players will have to use a credit exploit to get one.

evilest.gif

Powerpanic
The Voice of Griefing
ECmg3IxXYAANJhO

The updates between Beyond and 2020 were always announced as smaller updates. Anyway, I guess the possibility of refuelling and repairing (maybe even storing exploration data) could be quite handy for explorers.

Thing is this was supposed to be released 8 months ago but we only really got the mining overhaul, they will have had a full year since then to flesh this feature out entirely, because honestly all other content this year has been quite lacking (no new ships, no updates to stations/terrain/environments) and I would've expected this one thing to be pretty massive after an entire year of delay.

We'll see what added features they'll think of, it seems like they are not ready to share these. And it makes it look like they are only just now starting to work out what to actually use these ships for.

The leak talked about far less than 20 billion.
Well that completely breaks my immersion. My calculations are based on the difference between an Imperial Eagle and an Imperial Cutter, and I'll be able to dock way more Cutters on a fleet carrier than I can dock Eagles on a Cutter! Not to mention all the other perks like insane jump range, resupply, etc.

If carriers are that cheap, then I hope the griefers send you all to the rebuy screen :p

Thing is this was supposed to be released 8 months ago but we only really got the mining overhaul, they will have had a full year since then to flesh this feature out entirely, because honestly all other content this year has been quite lacking (no new ships, no updates to stations/terrain/environments) and I would've expected this one thing to be pretty massive after an entire year of delay.

We'll see what added features they'll think of, it seems like they are not ready to share these. And it makes it look like they are only just now starting to work out what to actually use these ships for.
That's probably because the majority of the team isn't working on the current content.

I would think the cost has to be balanced against the combat abilities. Unless there are other factors in play. Like ability to jump away farther than other ships. Like jump a thousand LY in one jump or something.

I wonder if the fuel will be the same fuel the normal megaships use in the military. Does that mean we will be able to farm the planets they dumped it all one and maybe recycle their old fuel or something.

That or maybe someone rediscovered or improved the old missing fuel types.

I would think the cost has to be balanced against the combat abilities. Unless there are other factors in play. Like ability to jump away farther than other ships. Like jump a thousand LY in one jump or something.
500 LY, according to the news post

Can we dock on our carrier. And if so will we have to add the rebuy of the other ships to the main ship?!

And if it has mining we can do mining like people used to in EVE! Where do I get my hulks and ice miners!? 8)

Last edited:
Okay, hold on - are you saying we will FLY these fleet carriers? What is that second cockpit shot of?
No.

It seems there are "support ships" which jump with them .... and, according to OAnt, we will not have access to the main bridge. They just jump 500 ly at a time (with sufficient materials and credits, presumably).

O Ant appears to have all the information to hand in his video ... so here's the link ....

Back
Top Bottom