Massive Guardian Ship found!

OP. I'm interested to know how you found the beacon? The Ram Tah clues are a bit vague, were you just in the right place? Well done for finding it BTW, don't take the rest of this the wrong way.

I ask from the POV of someone who may want to go and find things by themselves, not (yet) interested in the where's of the beacons & what they point to. My own little voyage of discovery so to speak.

Like so many other things in this game I see and understand the value of joint enterprise in exploration & science, but there's still got to be some chance for the solo (in every sense of the word) player to get to find these things. On the surface, without a lot of 3rd party info, it still is quite needle in a haystack approach.

OP. I'm interested to know how you found the beacon? The Ram Tah clues are a bit vague, were you just in the right place? Well done for finding it BTW, don't take the rest of this the wrong way.

I ask from the POV of someone who may want to go and find things by themselves, not (yet) interested in the where's of the beacons & what they point to. My own little voyage of discovery so to speak.

Like so many other things in this game I see and understand the value of joint enterprise in exploration & science, but there's still got to be some chance for the solo (in every sense of the word) player to get to find these things. On the surface, without a lot of 3rd party info, it still is quite needle in a haystack approach.

It was a total Accident tbh. I was looking for Guardian Sites since we have to Grind Epsilon Data patterns for the fighters. I always take a look at my Nav panel after scanning a System, there i just saw "guardian beacon" . First i thought its a new name for Guardian sites or something but it turned out to be something completely new.

It was a total Accident tbh. I was looking for Guardian Sites since we have to Grind Epsilon Data patterns for the fighters. I always take a look at my Nav panel after scanning a System, there i just saw "guardian beacon" . First i thought its a new name for Guardian sites or something but it turned out to be something completely new.

Thanks. Good to know it was an accident!

Why you saying its a ship and in the same moment its just a beacon? And i think thats it acually a big beacon...

I really love that you just stumbled upon it, that seems so right to me. I was watching a few well-known streamers this afternoon and they all seemed so desperate. Get the update installed as quick as they could then jump in a ship and go go go as fast as they could via the best clues they could glean from Galnet, Discord and each others stream channels. I guess there's a lot of value in getting the scoop for them but I also wonder how much genuine enjoyment of the game for its own sake. When people talk about content consumers being like locusts (sorry, but genuinely no offence to anyone, that is just the analogy that gets used) ... well, let's just say I was reminded of that.

Last edited:
Completed the puzzle, got a Guardian Vessel Blueprint. Good to know we now have a source of these so people can unlock the new SLFs.

The key goes in the same spot as the key for the other, older puzzles, at a glowing spot near two activated pillars at one end of the site.

EDIT: Second time (didn't have the Ancient Key at first) I went around in my SRV to get the all pillars to emerge (and a fair few Sentinels), then entered my ship and used my ship-weapons to deal with the Sentinels as well as active the pillars. More a turkey shoot, though the Sentinels can't be targeted from a ship, fixed weapons still take them out without trouble. They weren't so fond of railgun rounds. :)

so do you have to go all the way back to the beacon to get a key for every one or can you get a bunch of keys and use them 1 at a time?

Had to go back to the beacon to get the key. I didn't note down if the pillars also deactivated after I had scanned the data orb - if they did, you'll have to activate the pillars again. I haven't tried with more than one key - I already have a stack of Guardian Vessel blueprints from when they were given out just by scanning obelisks (this was a bug and was fixed).

Had to go back to the beacon to get the key. I didn't note down if the pillars also deactivated after I had scanned the data orb - if they did, you'll have to activate the pillars again. I haven't tried with more than one key - I already have a stack of Guardian Vessel blueprints from when they were given out just by scanning obelisks (this was a bug and was fixed).

I already have a bunch too, but I was going to go do them anyway for fun. Just wondering if I relog and collect several keys. I actually don't even have any interest in SLF's. I don't like NPC crew so until FD lets me launch a fighter and dismiss my main ship (like I can with an SRV) I'm not using them.

Last edited:
Completed the puzzle, got a Guardian Vessel Blueprint. Good to know we now have a source of these so people can unlock the new SLFs.

I actually had 16 Vessel Blueprints from long before this update launched today. I guess I got them from that glitch with the Obelisk.

I actually had 16 Vessel Blueprints from long before this update launched today. I guess I got them from that glitch with the Obelisk.

Me too, got 20-something Vessel Blueprints, but it's nice to have done the puzzle anyway. For Science(TM)!

Top Bottom