Release Materials info for Voice Attack

Hey guys and girls,

After running around space for a while now in VR and getting frustrated at having to lift up my Rift to look at ED Engineer to remember exactly what the hell materials I'm supposed to be collecting, I decided to put together a few commands for Voice Attack so that I could just ask: "How much Imperial Shielding do I need?" and text to speech would read back a value that I have entered into a command to track how many of what I'm after, thus: "You want 15 Imperial Shielding units" is read back to me.

In order to use this for yourself, you'll need to edit the numbers for each material in the "Set Materials" command. I'm not smart enough to figure out how to get Voice Attack to read these figures from ED Engineer, but if someone else is, feel free to add it!

Once that was done, I was happy... for a day or two, then I kept having to lift up my Rift because I couldn't remember where to find those pesky Imperial Shielding units, so I wrote a bunch more commands... "Where can I find Imperial Shielding?" I ask, and TTS reads back the info that I've copied over from ED Engineer, thus: "These Very Rare material components can be found in High Grade emissions sources, more commonly in Imperial ruled Systems, or sometimes as mission rewards"

I've entered every material and data component that is in the current build of ED Engineer (1.0.8.8), and I'll endeavor to update it as more are added, but no promises!

You can import these commands to your own profile, or call them from your existing profile by Editing your own profile, opening the options and adding this .vap under the "include commands from other profiles"

Just remember that if you import them to your own profile, you'll need to set the "Set Materials" command each time you start Voice Attack, or simply say "Set Materials" and it will load the values that you've entered into memory, otherwise it will just tell you that you don't want any!

I hope it comes in useful!

Dropbox Link

Great stuff!

If you want to make Voice Attack read EDEngineer information you can use the local API server, which exposes your cargo, shopping list and all blueprints with their ingredients.

It's been done by a spanish player and you can look at how he did it on GitHub.

There's an endpoint to get all the blueprints in your shopping list but I don't think there is one to aggregate the ingredients (just like the GUI does). Shouldn't be too hard to add it so ping me on GitHub if you need it!

Top Bottom