[MEDIA] KUMO Crew Lesson 4: Don't be rude

Hmm, 14yo gal, swear filter off, ganking (rude) noobs... meh
(no prude here, but still - not sure i'd publish a video like this one - i sometime do wonder how on earth they got a PEGI7 rating for a game allowing PVP played by (mostly) oldish farts, but i would assume you're supervising her)

also, interdicting 3 times the same commander could easily count as harassment if reported
just saying 🤷‍♂️

i sometime do wonder how on earth they got a PEGI7 rating for a game allowing PVP played by (mostly) oldish farts
1) Content (of any sort!) provided by other players is entirely out of scope of PEGI
2) PEGI has a loophole a mile wide that means depictions of/participation in atrocities somehow gets more age-suitable the more you sanitise and glorify them. "Baby's First War Crimes" could probably get in as PEGI-3 (ED proves 7 is trivial, anyway), whereas a serious realistic unfun depiction of the horrors of war would automatically be PEGI-18, so it's not like it's the most coherent rating scale anyway.

1) Content (of any sort!) provided by other players is entirely out of scope of PEGI
2) PEGI has a loophole a mile wide that means depictions of/participation in atrocities somehow gets more age-suitable the more you sanitise and glorify them. "Baby's First War Crimes" could probably get in as PEGI-3 (ED proves 7 is trivial, anyway), whereas a serious realistic unfun depiction of the horrors of war would automatically be PEGI-18, so it's not like it's the most coherent rating scale anyway.

I'm well aware of that - but still, even if the game checks all the boxes to get a Pegi7 rating, if it also involves human interactions over internet - especially when getting stomped over in a pvp interaction, would get out lot of the bad side of humans involved in it

Edit:
I mean, it kinda defeats the purpose if you get in the store, pick up the box with the big PEGI7 marker and have the surprise to have your kid being subjected to... well... online stuff...
While later on to have some players banned for subjecting the said kid to "slavery" :unsure:

That of course applies in both directions...

Of course... go figure that some one "complained" about her roleplaying as a pirate saying "please" and "thank you" 🤦‍♂️

Hmm, 14yo gal, swear filter off, ganking (rude) noobs... meh
(no prude here, but still - not sure i'd publish a video like this one - i sometime do wonder how on earth they got a PEGI7 rating for a game allowing PVP played by (mostly) oldish farts, but i would assume you're supervising her)

also, interdicting 3 times the same commander could easily count as harassment if reported
just saying 🤷‍♂️

We share the same desk and she plays most of the time on Horizons (Pegi 7) rarely on Odyssey but her gameplay is self-limited to space interaction (I don't trust in PEGI ratings anyway) ...moreover I've seen way worse stuff happening of other kids-oriented games like Fortnite.

Harassment for 3 interdictions? That is nothing 🙏... NPCs are then the first ones to be reported lol :ROFLMAO:, our record of chain interdictions is 12 anyway (why no hi-wake?).

We share the same desk and she plays most of the time on Horizons (Pegi 7) rarely on Odyssey but her gameplay is self-limited to space interaction (I don't trust in PEGI ratings anyway) ...moreover I've seen way worse stuff happening of other kids-oriented games like Fortnite.

That's great.
She's flying nicely, she seem to have lots of fun and i guess she's though enough to brush off some mr. nobody being rude to her over internet. But those were rather mild and others are going far beyond being just rude

Anyway, i was having a go mostly at the PEGI system and the flaws in it.

Harassment for 3 interdictions? That is nothing 🙏... NPCs are then the first ones to be reported lol :ROFLMAO:, our record of chain interdictions is 12 anyway (why no hi-wake?).

You'd be surprised
and no, NPC actions do not count as harassment 😇

just saying 🤷‍♂️
When you click the button that says open play, you are consenting to pvp interaction. This includes chain interdictions. You don't want to be chain interdicted? Learn to play the interdiction minigame, submit and high wake out of the system, or don't play in open.

When you click the button that says open play, you are consenting to pvp interaction

Nope, i consent to the possibility to meet other players playing at the same time with me in the same mode.
Nothing more, nothing less.

This includes chain interdictions.

You may want to read the ToS and what harassment may mean in ED

or don't play in open.

Well, I'm afraid you are not the deciding factor.

Also, why so serious and why here in this thread?
We have a dedicated thread for Hotel California, 100+ pages already. Come visit maybe? 😂

Last edited:
Nah, chain interdiction?
Mr halvors said, that he will bring vette, and it took few minutes.
Fact, that instead vette we seen cutter is another story :D

Unless even second interdiction sit in pit "chain interdiction, ToS, harassment".

Didn't find any specific reference to how many interdictions represent "harassment". 🤷‍♂️
And you wont find it plainly stated - but you will find mentions of harassment and if you report it FD can interpret it like this.
IIRC i remember seeing this being mentioned by a CM in an older post along to repeatedly following and killing the same player again and again - but definitely the limits will be bigger than doing it 3 times. Much bigger probably.

Also you wont find (pretended) slavery mentioned in the TOS either, yet some CMDRs were banned for in that blunder that should have been put onto bad parenting by letting 7yo and 10yo kids playing ED unsupervised and not on what i would call "creative use of carriers"

Nope, i consent to the possibility to meet other players playing at the same time with me in the same mode.
Nothing more, nothing less.

You may want to read the ToS and what harassment may mean in ED

Well, I'm afraid you are not the deciding factor.

Also, why so serious and why here in this thread?
We have a dedicated thread for Hotel California, 100+ pages already. Come visit maybe? 😂
Are you sure you are talking about Open?
Because what you are consenting to seems to apply to something like Mobius Private Group where rules like this apply regarding PvP.
In Open play, your consent is irrelevant.

That my friend, is reality.

And you wont find it plainly stated - but you will find mentions of harassment and if you report it FD can interpret it like this.
IIRC i remember seeing this being mentioned by a CM in an older post along to repeatedly following and killing the same player again and again - but definitely the limits will be bigger than doing it 3 times. Much bigger probably.

She didn't do anything of all that... all happened in same system and CMDR didn't wake, leave, change game mode etc. when he/she had the option to do it.

Also you wont find (pretended) slavery mentioned in the TOS either, yet some CMDRs were banned for in that blunder that should have been put onto bad parenting by letting 7yo and 10yo kids playing ED unsupervised and not on what i would call "creative use of carriers"

I remember that story... lol

Top Bottom